Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: New Name for Ridgewood  (Read 4834 times)

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
New Name for Ridgewood
« on: August 24, 2017, 06:19:57 AM »

Ridgewood is back:  http://www.ezboilers.com/     
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: New Name for Ridgewood
« Reply #1 on: August 24, 2017, 06:27:38 AM »

Gonna have a limited market, I know a few other states passed something similar to Michigans law, but that still doesn’t negate the EPA rules, it just basically ignores them.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 24, 2017, 08:51:16 AM »

That was one of the main questions I had.  How can they legally sell that stove??
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #3 on: August 24, 2017, 08:56:08 AM »

That was one of the main questions I had.  How can they legally sell that stove??

Michigan passed a referendum? resolution? or what ever that basically states no Michigan employee shall enforce the federal EPA law, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist, just that a Michigan employee won’t be the one writing the ticket/fine/summons or whatever. If an actual EPA employee felt  like it then they could write the ticket and it would be enforceable then.

This is my understanding of it at least.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #4 on: August 24, 2017, 09:03:46 AM »

Michigan passed a referendum? resolution? or what ever that basically states no Michigan employee shall enforce the federal EPA law, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist, just that a Michigan employee won’t be the one writing the ticket/fine/summons or whatever. If an actual EPA employee felt  like it then they could write the ticket and it would be enforceable then.

I think you're right. Same in several other states. No state can "repeal" an epa ruling.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

shepherd boy

• OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 24, 2017, 01:43:46 PM »

Virginia passed a similar resolution, but there is a township here that is bound and determined to enforce it anyway. I just stay out of there. Lost a sale to CB dealer because I wouldn't pull the permit and was told by a neighbor CB can't get a finial inspection because the inspector doesn't know what he is looking at. I guess they are a city employee so they can enforce it, even if they don't know what they are inspecting. State cannot inspect it. So I guess the city's got to get the feds in?

Just always wonder if you sell an illegal stove because the law is not enforced, if they decide to enforce it later, can someone be held responsible for past actions? Doubt if we will see any enforcement in the next few years, but could there be a deal like VW had by saying you knowingly sold a banned stove for X # of years?
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #6 on: August 24, 2017, 03:04:21 PM »

My view is this, even if they don’t go back and fine those that willingly installed illegal stoves, you are now on their radar and won’t drop off any time soon. I’d rather loose  a sale than give the feds or EPA any reason to treat me like a criminal.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

shepherd boy

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 24, 2017, 07:35:42 PM »

In all reality EZ Boiler and some others have a costumer base for one reason-low cost. Some other things are not high priority.They will always have their market, and get people in. Down the road people often upgrade as times change and priorities change. It's all good.
 Gettin' old and lazy

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #8 on: August 24, 2017, 09:31:13 PM »

In all reality EZ Boiler and some others have a costumer base for one reason-low cost. Some other things are not high priority.They will always have their market, and get people in. Down the road people often upgrade as times change and priorities change. It's all good.

Right, last year got a call and did an estimate, was before the Gs series, guy was only concerned about up front cost. Then he pulls out a flyer and asks if he buys the stove will I install it, was a going out of business ad from Ridgewood. Told him no way was I getting involved in that. Told him I’d give him a list of websites he could go visit to see how it’s done, I’d order whatever he needed for underground pipe and what not, I’d even show him my entire setup if he wanted and explain what everything was for but in no way was I going to get involved personally in the installation. He lived not a half mile from the largest high school in the area, and unbelievably enough he wasn’t in city limits, you’d never guess as much as the houses were right on top of one another just like in the city, kind of the setting that’d drive me to climb the nearest bell tower someday and commit mayhem. Next time I’m in that direction I may swing by and see if anything ever came of it, he was already burning wood in the house in a soap stove anyways.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

shepherd boy

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2017, 03:24:32 AM »

Happens all the time , people buy for price then struggle with what they get, too small, inefficient,poor install,etc. Watch their neighbor's work and decide to upgrade. Add to that , become a public nuisance and be forced to change.         

I just did the same thing, bought a cummins truck the other day cheap, first time out pulling the new stove trailer, rear seal blew and dumped the oil  all over the trailer.  It's leaving and I'll loose money, but it was 'cheap'. Think I'd learn my lesson, but I'm a sucker for cheap.
 Gettin' old and lazy

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #10 on: August 25, 2017, 05:29:09 AM »

My Dad does the same thing, sent him to pick a forklift up years ago, found a nice Massey Ferguson yard lift, nice little 4 cylinder Perkins diesel, hydrostatic transmission, 3 section mast, he comes home with a tired Ford 801 turned around with a two piece mast and a worn out gas engine, engine is so tired it won’t hold it even on a slight incline in first gear. It was $2500 “cheaper” then the MF. Have over three grand in it so far probably and the engine is still wore out. Replaced the head the second year, clutch went out and couldn’t be rebuilt, I’ve had the reverser out once to reseal as it puked oil out as fast as you could add it, ended up replacing all the bearings in it and a shaft. Now you have to have zero load on the transmission and coasting to get it out of gear and into the next. Bit it was “cheaper” than the good one.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

aarmga

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-250
  • Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2017, 03:56:56 PM »

Michigan passed a referendum? resolution? or what ever that basically states no Michigan employee shall enforce the federal EPA law, doesn’t mean that it doesn’t exist, just that a Michigan employee won’t be the one writing the ticket/fine/summons or whatever. If an actual EPA employee felt  like it then they could write the ticket and it would b e enforceable then.

Not to get off subject but this is exactly how Colorado can legally sell marijuana.  If the Feds wanted to come in a make a fuss, you all know who would win the battle.  I fee like nobody will say anything for a number of years because this is still very "new" but just like doing an emissions delete on your diesel truck it will come to an end soon enough.
Stihl 211 - 16"
Remington Rodeo Pro - 20"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
SpeeCo 22 Ton Honda splitter
JD 1025r with FEL
Natures Comfort NCB 250 custom added overhead air injection