Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Yearly Water Sample  (Read 3626 times)

mikenc

• View Profile
Yearly Water Sample
« on: October 14, 2011, 09:08:31 AM »

I was wondering if other Natures Comfort owners are having same problem I am having, getting water sample test results back. I sent mine in August this year and still haven't received any results. Have sent e-mails and called. Had same problem last year. Never did get anythig back last year. Last year sent Fedx and had to provide delivery conformation which i did.  This year sent USPS paid for delivery conformation glad i did. Was

Since they require water sample for warranty you would think they would at least check samples  and advise owner of test results.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Yearly Water Sample
« Reply #1 on: October 14, 2011, 10:37:05 AM »

They no longer do the testing.
http://www.naturescomfortllc.com/boiler-warranty/

Treatment & Testing

Your boiler must have "Nature's Comfort Boiler Treatment" added during initial filling with water, antifreeze or glycol and must be tested when first filled and then annually at the end of a heating season to ensure proper concentration (1,000-1,5000ppm recommended, 500ppm minimum of Nitrite) for your warranty to remain valid. The water jacket must remain full of properly treated water at all times after installation save for draining, flushing and re-treating. Minimum recommended initial mix ratios for each boiler is: NCB120 - 1.5Qt; NCB175 - 1.5Qts; NCB250 - 2Qts; NCB325(G) - 3Qts, GT220 -2Qts, GT-500 -3Qts. There is no maximum limit. Contact Nature's Comfort or your dealer to obtain water treatment. You must have your water tested for nitrites by your dealer or you may order a more comprehensive test from Wood Boiler Solutions LLC to also satisfy warranty requirements. Order online at www.woodboilersolutions.com using promotion code "NCLLC" to receive a 15% discount or you may order over the phone. Always request results to be sent to you and you must keep them on file to show proof of treatment and testing if warranty work is ever needed. Testing done by anyone other than a dealer, Wood Boiler Solutions, a certified lab or Nature's Comfort will not be accepted for warranty claims but is encouraged for monitoring treatment levels to obtain the maximum life out of a Nature's Comfort boiler, particularly if water is being added throughout a heating season. Nitrite test kits are available from your dealer or Nature's Comfort.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 14, 2011, 08:53:03 PM »

Love how we all hear something different.  I recently asked about water tests and they said they didn't want to keep track of it and the customer could record results in the chart in the manual.  I was like so why wouldn't a customer 10 years down the road go back and fill in his chart to make it look like they were testing, it never went much further
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

mikenc

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 14, 2011, 09:18:32 PM »

I contacted them in august this was address they said to send water sample to. You would think they would notify owners if thy are going to change direction in the middle of the steam.

3790 N SR 5, Shipshewana, IN 46565

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #4 on: October 14, 2011, 10:00:21 PM »

They sent that out in an email to the Nature's Comfort TM's at the end of September.