Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: is this legit info or bs?  (Read 8759 times)

cantoo

• OWF Brand: Western Pacific
    • View Profile
Re: is this legit info or bs?
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2014, 06:15:59 PM »

Yup, I cut it to take the pics. There was roots at every tree, some trees were 50' away and still had roots in them. I would never use a corrugated tile of any type for insulated lines again. FYI, I replaced this tile run with 4" PVC solid sewer pipe. It wasn't even that bad a price.

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 07:15:27 PM »

I have been getting 16hr burns plus in our recent weather here in Michigan.  Stove is set at 165-180 and home is 70 degrees around the clock also indoor humidity is tight to 40%. Stove sets 60ft from house using zsupply 3 wrap double tile and getting the same temp coming off my stove pump as my pipe as it enters the basement. I will be the first one to call this pipe a bluff but so far it is holding its own for a tile type insulated pipe. Like I said before if I start using more wood and notice temp changes between the stove and house I will gladly dig it up and post pics of the failure. Until then I think the owner of zsupply is so far a man of his word.

Sprinter

• Do it right the first time, its cheaper In the long run
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: Menominee
  • In the long run
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2014, 10:50:56 PM »

Victor unless you know how fast your water is flowing the temp claim means nothing. Now if your flowing 4' per second or slower when taking measurements , that's great results. Even the most expensive pipe losses a degree to a degree and a half at 4/sec/100'.
Michigan Thumber

Sprinter

• Do it right the first time, its cheaper In the long run
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: Menominee
  • In the long run
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 11:01:21 PM »

Like I said, I'd stay away from TSC for tile. I take it you split it to get the roots out?

I have seen cheaper brands that if you stepped on them or too rough back filling it they'd split right down the seams that the mold left.

Unfortunately nowadays everything is made as cheap as it can be to get it on the big box store shelf. We don't use anything that doesn't have an ASTM or ASSE label, as that's the building code. Sometimes we get hit cause someone didn't pay attention when buying. We had a run with junk pipe and it's all failing. Some areas were lucky and the good inspectors caught it, the unlucky ones are paying some serious repair money. And the dumb contractors are being sued by the insurance companies cuz its under the 10 year statute for using non approved materials. How much was that savings worth now.  The sad part is there are customers willing to pay more for quality product but it's getting harder to find or not at all in some cases.
Michigan Thumber
Pages: 1 2 [3]