Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Final EPA ruling  (Read 15369 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Final EPA ruling
« Reply #15 on: February 10, 2015, 02:34:07 AM »

Well I can tell you that for 2 years I went to every public hearing, workshop that the State legislature or Maine DEP had, there was an agenda and it did not come from town meetings but instead was driven by Lies straight out of NESCAUM and the lung association, look up Nescaum, the front cover sheet on their report shows a CB that appears to be smoking up a storm, if you look real close you can see that the loading door is left slightly open and the unit is steaming off not smoking, personally if the cover of your report is a lie, i'm not going to believe anything in your report, that report had a great deal to do with our imposed laws here, now we can ALL enjoy their wisdom and honesty.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #16 on: February 10, 2015, 07:04:46 AM »

In a way it is about money, but just like Obamacare has nothing to do about healthcare, the new EPA laws and Obamacare are about CONTROL. Make a boiler expensive enough and the people it would help the most can't afford them anymore. If they can't afford them then they are still stuck on the government tit waiting for their heating vouchers. Gotta squash that streak of independence anyway possible.

If the EPA and our government was really that worried about pollution, why not place an environmental tax on any import that was manufactured by a process that didn't meet our current environmental standards? China's air eventually becomes our air. Their polluted water eventually finds its way to the ocean and due to currents some of that eventually finds its way here as well.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

marty

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CL-5648
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: February 10, 2015, 07:21:39 AM »

My gut reaction reading the new EPA ruling (which I knew was coming) was... "Well, I hope I get quite a few more years out of my conventional boiler."   Gonna have to get a good welder on call!   My previous thoughts were that the new regulations were actually a step in the right direction towards reducing pollution-- But I think you guys make some excellent points here.  There has to be bigger fish to fry than the proportionally miniscule population of outdoor wood furnace owners. 

What worries me most is the 2020 regulation.  I mean, we are bitchin' about phase 2 standards, in 2020 they'll have to be 3X less polluting!

What do you guys honestly think the ENFORCEMENT of these new regulations will be like?

« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 07:32:15 AM by marty »

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #18 on: February 10, 2015, 08:59:22 AM »

I highly doubt the EPA will be driving around the country side looking for smoky boilers, however if a neighbor calls the right official and complains, you're screwed if you're not compliant. Plenty of time as well  for them to do away with the grandfather clause behind closed doors.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: February 10, 2015, 09:40:48 AM »

>:D yup....its about control !!! remember this f-ing winner>(EPA) official,  Al Armendariza ... saying the EPA’s “philosophy” is to “crucify” and “make examples” ..........in his own words>>>> """It was kind of like how the Romans used to, you know, conquer villages in the Mediterranean.  They’d go in to a little Turkish town somewhere, they’d find the first five guys they saw and they’d crucify them.

“Then, you know, that town was really easy to manage for the next few years.”

“It’s a deterrent factor,” Armendariz said, explaining that the EPA is following the Romans’ philosophy for subjugating conquered villages.""""  THIS IS Their mindset !!  thank u .gov @!#$%^&*()

atvalaska

• 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: February 10, 2015, 09:42:38 AM »

atvalaska

• 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: February 10, 2015, 03:08:42 PM »

or my other fav....."ISM" ... "Make Mine Freedom" (1948) cartoon  ...get the kids  and popcorn out & watch...  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Oz9fX_HfsXA
« Last Edit: February 10, 2015, 03:12:54 PM by atvalaska »

Sluggo

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: 20,000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: February 10, 2015, 04:06:27 PM »

I don't care if half of my town complained about my woodstove,the EPA would never hear about.  Why?   Because my town does not have an agenda.  Lung Associations, Oil Lobbyists,people and companies With money and looking for more money have agendas.  They put that money into the pockets of the right people and BOOM...their million dollar bribe turns into a billion dollar profit.  Does anyone on this site really think the government gives a $&@) about the air we breathe?  Come on and wake up.
Stihl 441
Stihl 660
Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Bobcat T190
Grapple
Farmi 501 Winch
2015 3500 Crew Cab HIGH COUNTRY Duramax

ecc_33

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: February 10, 2015, 04:47:17 PM »

Its all about government control. They can't tax wood yet so right now this is the next best solution. My neighbor is about 500 yards from my boiler. He asks me once a month if I have my boiler going. Good dry wood and phase II boiler. I can't imagine what a phase III would be like. I bet cleaning them would be a pita! I bet some type of catalyst will be in the newer phase III's.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #24 on: February 10, 2015, 05:00:28 PM »

ATV, Awesome!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!, I LOVE IT

atvalaska

• 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: February 10, 2015, 05:16:25 PM »

thanks ! slim! > it should be a law (and the only law btw) that u have to watch ....."ISM" ,  "Make Mine Freedom" (1948) cartoon 

wissel12

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 7500
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: February 11, 2015, 09:13:46 AM »

Here is a video of someone give stoves a bad name.  http://youtu.be/YfLAORwO5Qs
03 Duramax 72000 Miles
Massey Ferguson 275
WD 45
OC4
Stihl Farm boss 290
Stihl 025
Strasburg, Ohio

wissel12

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 7500
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: February 11, 2015, 12:02:53 PM »

Nature's comfort GT-220 has some kind of catalytic in its gasification stove.  Here is a link: http://youtu.be/1LJrWSFrr38 
03 Duramax 72000 Miles
Massey Ferguson 275
WD 45
OC4
Stihl Farm boss 290
Stihl 025
Strasburg, Ohio

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #28 on: February 16, 2015, 03:03:05 PM »

OK, I have spent the better part of the last week reading the new rules, I would say that if you are a dealer, manufacturer or simply a concerned user that you should take the time to read how these nitwits have stolen your Liberty and at the same time created laws that will be absolutely impossible to enforce, all while enriching themselves and their friends, I personally find it all very dry and disgusting!!!!!!

AirForcePOL

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: February 16, 2015, 04:01:55 PM »

OK, I have spent the better part of the last week reading the new rules, I would say that if you are a dealer, manufacturer or simply a concerned user that you should take the time to read how these nitwits have stolen your Liberty and at the same time created laws that will be absolutely impossible to enforce, all while enriching themselves and their friends, I personally find it all very dry and disgusting!!!!!!

I got about a 1/3 of the way through and I got bored.  They have a terrible writing style.  Seriously, get to the point.  I think their hopes are that if they throw a bunch of useless information in there that it will be easier to hide all the bull$!?#
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter
Pages: 1 [2] 3