Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: Get to know me!  (Read 58623 times)

Sluggo

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: 20,000e
    • View Profile
Get to know me!
« on: February 18, 2015, 05:00:04 PM »

I'm getting sick of reading everyone's comments and not really having any idea who I'm talking to.  Have the smart pin this one to the top for quick reference and let's get to know each other a little better.  I have pictures in my head of what a lot of you are like but I really have nothing to base it off.  For instance I picture slim as skinny,mustache,ratty jeans,smoker,prescription glasses that auto darken when he goes outside,middle 50's,not much into sports,into politics,not a big drinker but maybe a cheap beer if anything!  Let's hear from ya!  I didn't mean to offend you either slim,that's just what I picture when I read your posts!  I will get it started.  I'm 33 years old,just got married in September,have my first kid due this september.  I'm a concrete guy of 13 years.  Residential,commercial,agriculture,walls,flat work,stamped,decorative we do it all.  Feel free to ask questions if you want.  Everyone seems to have questions about concrete.  I live in the country in a log home I built 5 years ago with no female influence and now that I'm married with a kid on the way was that ever a dumb idea!  I'm from a town of roughly 150 people in west central Wisconsin.  I'm about 20 minutes from la crosse and the Mississippi river.  I built a new shed last winter/spring for toy storage and tinkering (heated of course!). I'm into camping,grilling on my Green Egg,occasional drinker,Busch light and captain Morgan, cutting wood,Wisconsin badgers,Green Bay packers,and I quit smoking two weeks ago with Chantix.  I View myself as a libertarian for the most part.  Let's see what we all have in common rather than heating independence.  Can't wait to hear from ya.  Almost forgot,I got a 10 year old lab and 4 year old cocker spaniel who love going to the stove with me.  Also have two semi tame angora cats that sleep 4 feet away from my wood stove door.  It's only a matter of time till an ember lands on one and good night!
« Last Edit: February 18, 2015, 05:05:15 PM by Sluggo »
Stihl 441
Stihl 660
Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Bobcat T190
Grapple
Farmi 501 Winch
2015 3500 Crew Cab HIGH COUNTRY Duramax

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Get to know me!
« Reply #1 on: February 18, 2015, 08:20:30 PM »

WOW Thanks Sluggo, other than the auto darkening lenses you hit the nail on the head
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #2 on: February 19, 2015, 06:33:53 AM »

I'll pin it and we'll see what happens, had something similar on another forum, some people will and some won't.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 19, 2015, 09:21:21 AM »

I'm 53 years old, never married, no children (I think  ;)), love a shot of Jim Beam whiskey once in a while, wear bi-focal glasses, auto darkening, beard & mustache, physically fit although the back is acting up due to working nearly 20 years in the EMS system, raised in the house I'm in now, lived alone for the past 9 years (took care of dad in his late stages of life before he died 9 years ago) until about 5 months ago one of younger bro's moved in to ease his financial burden as well as mine, I was raised in a town of about 5,000 people, on the border of VT near the Dartmouth College area, I work at Dartmouth College at their Engineering School (you can ask engineering questions but I will not know the answer), quit smoking cold turkey over 20 years ago (a 2.5 pack/day habit).  My political views are center to right, more right leaning, not a fanatic though.     
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

atvalaska

• OWF Brand: aqua-therm
  • OWF Model: coal one 275
  • 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 19, 2015, 01:58:40 PM »

53yo >>>>next week 54 ! .. 6'0 , 300lbs,short hair(grey, nowadays) , flat top cut in the summer, beard/goatee  , I work on the house "were" (my wife of 32+ years is laborer#2)  building>>>> where I'm  the foreman, labor, planner, parts chaser, rocker and the dirt work do'er ,I'm also a one man HVAC crew ! 9 mile to the next guy on the power line 3.5 to the next mail box !!   here is a action shot!!    here is a look out the 1/2 round window as u head  down the stairs  on a cloudy day   same window, some rain drops on it, on a better day :) and..I work 40 hours a week in town, ATV, BBQ, snowmachine, hunt, fish, trap and drink beer.... here is one of my kids on last falls moose hunt come on summer !! >>   some moose racks and boo racks... I put them in a new shed- away for the winter, all  pistol ,rifle, or bow kills    I look for these after forest fires ,not to sell to eat !!     and I  could be right of right ,  love me a "lib free" zone ! Cause I LOL at stuff that tells the truth >    
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 05:39:24 PM by atvalaska »

aries9245

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Cl6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 19, 2015, 04:34:46 PM »

49 going on 50 in April married for 20 yrs same to the same chick... One daughter 11 yrs old in business for myself for the past 25 yrs in Landscape  & construction  5- 10"  235 lbs  shaved head tight mustach  wieght train regularly 4:30 am before work ... Built my own home 10 yrs ago as investment expecting to cash in but we all know how that ends.. Love my horses , chicken and enjoy being outdoors .live in North jersey farmland 9 acres grow small plants and shrubs for resale and use on my jobs .. I like building things and figuring out problems kinda something personal when someone says I cant.. Lol
Joe
Dodge 5500 dump
Ford f450 dump
Cat 303cr excavator
Cat 246 skid steer
Kubota l4610 tractor
2 sthil farm boss saws
Homemade 4way splitter w/log lift ( the terminator)

Sluggo

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 19, 2015, 05:36:51 PM »

Atvalaska,is that competition smoked brisket?  What do you smoke on?  What a beautiful view and I'm a moral mushroom man myself.  To eat not to sell!  Roger I had you pegged!  Would I be fair in saying most on this site are right leaning?  Would anyone actually admit being on the left?!?!
Stihl 441
Stihl 660
Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Bobcat T190
Grapple
Farmi 501 Winch

atvalaska

• 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 19, 2015, 05:42:19 PM »

wsm's... I own better than a dozen smokers ..been to "the jack" twice ...retired from bbq so called circuit last summer......I have nothing left to prove- 3 in a row on steak alone  ^-^    ""Would anyone actually admit being on the left?!?! ""  I don't know who they are> but they have been doing a find job of voting/flushing this country down the craper!!
« Last Edit: February 19, 2015, 06:30:19 PM by atvalaska »

Sluggo

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: February 19, 2015, 07:41:36 PM »

If I ever get my dream vacation to Alaska im looking you up,I think we would mix well.  I will get some pics of our smoker on here for a,we're not bad ourselves!  What part of Alaska?
Stihl 441
Stihl 660
Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Bobcat T190
Grapple
Farmi 501 Winch

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #9 on: February 19, 2015, 07:48:26 PM »

Sluggo, mind if I tag along, I've never even seen the rockies and Alaska is on my bucket list, I'm in Winkler @ HeatMaster now, that's about halfway, why waste the gas and time later, are you packed?
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Sluggo

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 19, 2015, 08:33:58 PM »

If Heatmaster seen me walk in there plant Walt and Ryan would run so fast your head would spin!  I will wait for you outside!  I doubt I will ever get up their way but do you think they would give tours to any customer joe?
Stihl 441
Stihl 660
Stihl 029 Farm Boss
Bobcat T190
Grapple
Farmi 501 Winch

free heat

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 19, 2015, 10:58:16 PM »

36 years young, married, 3 sons six and under. Live in central Wisconsin a few miles from sluggo. Purchased and remodeled the home I was raised in from my parents. I am a flooring salesman, if anybody has any questions let me know. My hobbies are I drive a NASCAR late model racecar here in Wisconsin, camping, family fun,and of course harvesting firewood. 5'9" tall and 175lbs with a buzz cut. I call it like I see that's probably why I don't have a ton of friends. Oh I almost forgot my dog Charlotte 7 year old crapzu who was our first child.
Ridgewood 6000
Stihl 039, 290
Fiskars x27

kommandokenny

• OWF Brand: woodmaster
  • OWF Model: 4400
  • smokem if ya gottem NEAR NORTH ONTARIO
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 20, 2015, 08:09:12 AM »

This is a good idea Sluggo :thumbup:
60 going on 13 ...Married with daughters and granddaughter.
Retired postal worker Toronto, Tractor Trailer Unit.
Displaced city slicker, retired 2010 in McKellar Ont. [had a cabin nearby, since 1981]
http://www.mapquest.com/maps?city=McKellar&country=CA

Vote down the middle ,it's a little different here, than the states,, 3 choices,, all crap.

5'11"  190,, Fairly handsome:

Gotta be out doors all the time.
Like my Great Danes, motorcycles, fishing, wilderness camping.

Working in the woods with the chainsaw

My Danes money saved on propane go's here

This is a picture of my smoker

« Last Edit: February 20, 2015, 08:35:15 AM by kommandokenny »
PARRY SOUND ONTARIO
2012 RAPTOR
NORTON COMMANDO
H.D. ROAD KING
Sthil 026,038
Echo CS 310 [grandaughters]
SWISHER 22 TON
CANAM 850 tracked
GREAT DANE X 3

wissel12

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 7500
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 20, 2015, 08:57:52 AM »

35, married for almost 10 years. Three children (2 boys, and a Princess). I'm 6'3"  220 lite colored hair. Contacts. A water plant superintendent. Hobbies: small farming, Belgian draft horses, and camping.
03 Duramax 72000 Miles
Massey Ferguson 275
WD 45
OC4
Stihl Farm boss 290
Stihl 025
Strasburg, Ohio

atvalaska

• 907, no vacancy !
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 20, 2015, 10:10:34 AM »

15 miles north of here > http://www.maplandia.com/united-states/alaska/yukon-koyukuk-census-area/nenana/   .......LOVE me some NASCAR!!! only sport I can watch... (cause the players don't shower together when they done playing! LOL)  lots of u WI guys on here !! Born in Maplewood/Stpaul mn -till 9yoa, then plumcity,ellsworth,elmwood,area just off the rush river, there after nat guard time in Menomonie wi.... as a kid hearing the tails, shows in the movie houses, outdoor books, an magazine  articles on hunting and fishing ..I had to go!!  30 years latter I can look out the window and see where I'm going to die.........but i'd like to put that part off a bit! LOL............ D-500 weekend !! Go Tony #14 !!!     
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5