Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9

Author Topic: Ridgewood stoves  (Read 43401 times)

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
Re: Ridgewood stoves
« Reply #30 on: January 23, 2013, 03:16:11 PM »

I would love to take my current propane tank and cut that in half and build a woodstove and then send a pic to my propane servicer. :post: :thumbup:

Hartwa

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: January 23, 2013, 03:32:33 PM »

He may have, I think the primary reason hes using tanks is he's likely getting them wayyy cheaper than having a new piece of steel rolled

He says that by reusing the propane tanks he saves us about a grand. 

In regards to the heat transfer being less with the thicker firebox.... you can still get the same overall heat transfer out of a this boiler as one with a thinner firebox.  Since heat transfer is per surface area I might be making it up with a bigger firebox.... I have not looked at the transfer surface area to thickness on other stoves to see how it compares.  If I get some time I will do that.

victor6deep

• View Profile
« Reply #32 on: January 23, 2013, 03:48:01 PM »

No matter the differences you will save money and love it. Bottom line

superdave

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: January 25, 2013, 07:51:55 PM »

Just my 2 cents,
I bought a ridgewood 3 weeks ago and love it.  I have talked to Craig several times after the sale with questions and he is always helpful and easy to get a hold of.  I bought the smaller model, and heat 3500sqft loading twice a day with 6 month seasoned wood.  I have no regrets.  Worst case he (Craig) goes out of business and warranty is no good, I don't forsee any problems, but if I have one, its not a Swiss watch, you just fix it yourself!

victor6deep

• View Profile
« Reply #34 on: January 26, 2013, 01:22:28 PM »

I was told by a buddy that these ridgewoods are selling like crazy, 40 stoves in a month.

automan77

• OWF Brand: ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
  • Just say no to propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: February 03, 2013, 11:58:28 AM »

I just orderd the 6000 yesterday. I talked with several people that own the ridgewoods and there all very happy with there stoves. I'll be heating a 1,650 sf ranch with basement. I'm going with the thermopex 120 ft run.
Scott K
Stihl ms 311
Husky 455

St Clair County Michigan

Troy Built 27 ton splitter

6pacmac

• View Profile
« Reply #36 on: February 04, 2013, 05:49:17 PM »

I've had the 6000 job for a couple of seasons.  It works fine.  My burn times are all over the place, depending on the wood and temps out side.  I burn junk, rotted and dead wood.  Mostly dead, rotted cherry and dead, rotted poplar.  I have a lot of it.   That stuff burns quick, like about 8 hour quick.  At about 0 to 10 degrees outside.  Now dead and rotted oak, beach and locust,  which I don't have a lot of,  the burn time seems to be about 12-15 hour per load.   My loads seem to take up about 60-75% of the firebox.   What I do not like about my boiler:   The paint lob on mine is crappy.    Like some spots with  a complete lack of paint.  So I touched it up.  Wiring is a joke, but very simple.    I built a shed around mine, which I planned from the get-go , to keep the boiler and log splitter out of the weather.   But as I said, it works ok.   The damper flapper door needs to be lubed with WD40  from time to time, about once every 2-3 weeks,  so that it does not hang open a fraction of an inch.   If it hangs open a bit, it'll run hot.   One fellow on here, mremm,  has a Ridgewood stove but has had some trouble with his running  hot.  I don't know if his ever got sorted out.     Oh well, good luck
Ridgewood 6000

victor6deep

• View Profile
« Reply #37 on: February 04, 2013, 07:19:29 PM »

Just hope someone is home if the flapper don't seal.

automan77

• OWF Brand: ridgewood
  • Just say no to propane
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: February 05, 2013, 04:45:00 PM »

Talked with a guy that has the same stove and he said they fixed that problem
Scott K
Stihl ms 311
Husky 455

St Clair County Michigan

Troy Built 27 ton splitter

woodstovemomma

• View Profile
« Reply #39 on: February 07, 2013, 06:03:44 PM »

Ridgewood Stoves are a great outdoor boiler. Good solid construction and they warranty for 10 years!. My husband and I read many forums and this was by far the best option. We went right to where they were made and watched them being made. The recycled propane tank has 2  purposes: thicker gage steel and it saves the purchaser a ton of money so its a double win. Also Make sure you use good insulated pipe underground for your water transfer, keeping your water as warm as you can from stove to heated structure is what makes all the difference. Over all we love ridgewood and we have many friends and family members who have purchased after seeing how well the stove met our needs. Even my widowed mother in law bought one, it's a common sense buy, not rocket science.

drillkru

• OWF Brand: central boiler
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: February 17, 2013, 06:59:11 PM »

I've been burning a central boiler for the past 12 years, we BUY our wood instead of propain and i've figured i have saved over $30 thousand.  My central boiler is close to being burned out.  I have done lots of research and i've been to the facility where Ridgewood stoves are made.  I believe that Ridgewood stoves are a better stove for half the money of a central boiler. I have know Craig the owner, personally for over 10 years and he is one of the most honest and hardest working people that i know. You can believe whatever he tells you and that means a lot to me.

6pacmac

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: February 18, 2013, 07:03:40 AM »

What happen to Tim ? I thought he was the main man at Ridgewood.
Ridgewood 6000

victor6deep

• View Profile
« Reply #42 on: February 18, 2013, 04:03:17 PM »

I've been burning a central boiler for the past 12 years, we BUY our wood instead of propain and i've figured i have saved over $30 thousand.  My central boiler is close to being burned out.  I have done lots of research and i've been to the facility where Ridgewood stoves are made.  I believe that Ridgewood stoves are a better stove for half the money of a central boiler. I have know Craig the owner, personally for over 10 years and he is one of the most honest and hardest working people that i know. You can believe whatever he tells you and that means a lot to me.

Ridgewoods are a legit stove I wish they would add a bypass handle instead of eating smoke.

golffanman

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: February 23, 2013, 02:32:57 PM »

Hi,  I'm a newbie on this forum and want to put in an OWB this year. Ridgewood is about 12 miles from me. I'm going to visit their shop. It seems like this stove might be just right for me as we have a smaller house and a small workshop to heat. Is the firebox on this stove round and does the water circulate all around it?  This sight is very informative, glad I joined.
Huskee 22 Ton Splitter
Husqvarna 450 Chainsaw
Northern Industrial Timberjack
Northern Industrial Steel Skidding Tongs
Ford 600 Tractor w/front end loader

victor6deep

• View Profile
« Reply #44 on: February 23, 2013, 02:54:59 PM »

Hi,  I'm a newbie on this forum and want to put in an OWB this year. Ridgewood is about 12 miles from me. I'm going to visit their shop. It seems like this stove might be just right for me as we have a smaller house and a small workshop to heat. Is the firebox on this stove round and does the water circulate all around it?  This sight is very informative, glad I joined.

Buy one. I wish I knew about them before I paid 7 grand for my stove.
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 ... 9