Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Concrete Slab Inlet and outlet temps  (Read 5608 times)

slimchance

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H2
    • View Profile
Re: Concrete Slab Inlet and outlet temps
« Reply #15 on: December 12, 2018, 02:49:05 PM »

Speed your water up to close that delta-t ! ......and don't be running full on hot water thur that concrete floor !

I currently have the supply water temp to 100, and thought about going down to around 95 or so.  At the 100 degree supply water, I am getting right at 80 degree return water.  The pump speed is something I have not thought about too much and have not had time to experiment with.  The pump is a 15-58 that I am running on medium speed.  I started with medium and have never changed it from there.  I read a lot about higher speeds being the cause of cavitation, maybe that is why I have stayed from high.  I never really had an explanation on the advantages/disadvantages of pump speed....I'm all ears!   :)

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 12, 2018, 05:27:57 PM »

Speeding the pump up on your floor is going to do nothing besides raise your electric bill

slimchance

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 13, 2018, 07:14:56 AM »

Speeding the pump up on your floor is going to do nothing besides raise your electric bill

Thanks wreckit87!   That being said, do you like medium or low in my application?  On the medium setting all circuits are moving about .6 GPM.  I really don't know what the GPM's are on the low setting, I can switch it and see. 

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 13, 2018, 04:49:15 PM »

Those flowmeters aren't always accurate, but .6 is about max flow for a 300ft loop of 1/2". At that rate, you've got about 7 feet of head to overcome which is just out of range for speed 1. You could drop to speed 1 and slow the flow a bit while still probably maintaining temp, but it'll broaden your delta T and isn't really worth it unless that 50 cents a month is a big deal to you. I'd leave it on 2 personally
Pages: 1 [2]