Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]

Author Topic: Heat exchangers  (Read 13337 times)

jtepn87

• OWF Brand: Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 140
    • View Profile
Re: Heat exchangers
« Reply #60 on: March 04, 2014, 07:39:10 AM »

The only time I ever get called Mr. is when I'm in trouble, I guess I really am getting older. LOL. Did they cut the hole under the furnace bigger to allow more air to flow, or did they just leave it and butt the box against the subfloor?

CountryBoyJohn

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: MF 10,000 E
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: March 04, 2014, 08:38:30 AM »

Ha!  Well, I just call everyone on here Mr.  It works for me.   :)

He hasn't installed the box yet.  But, I'm sure he will just connect the main trunk into the top of the box with the same size it comes out of the hole as.  I'm sure he'll connect flexible duct to the floor, run it to the box, then he'll tie the other end of the box to the other branches. 
2013 F250 6.2L Lariat
Stihl MS290
DHT 27 Ton Log Splitter
Woodchuck Log Jack
56, 57, 58 Ferguson TO-35
Knox County, IN

jtepn87

• View Profile
« Reply #62 on: March 04, 2014, 11:47:36 AM »

Sounds similar to what I'm wanting to do, only I'm going to put the box below the floor insulation.  I cut that stuff once to work on water lines, and its a pain to get that stuff to stay in place after that. This post is full of redundancy. :bag:

cantoo

• OWF Brand: Western Pacific
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: March 04, 2014, 06:08:45 PM »

I just installed one in my mobile home. It was an electric furnace in a small closet. All I did was built a tin box for the exchanger and moved the furnace up that amount. Lots of room to raise it. Not sure about the gas but I bet it's a lot of empty space I would start removing stuff and take a look. I would do any cutting underneath if you don't have too. And it actually is easy toi fix if you buy the proper insulation and belly tarp to install it. The insulation is available in 48" wide batts by as long as you want, same stuff as used on ceilings and walls of steel commercial buildings, belly tarp backing material is already glued to it. just cut the material to length and there is a 1x4 piece of wood screw nailed to the bottom of the floor joists that you can screw nail it to. If you do a search on utube for trailer floor repair there is lots of videos of what you can do to repair the floor insulation.

jtepn87

• View Profile
« Reply #64 on: March 04, 2014, 08:39:36 PM »

I would have to change my cold air return and something else to raise the furnace. And i ended up using black plastic, gorilla tape, and 1x4's on the insulation under the house last time

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: March 04, 2014, 08:49:00 PM »

I just installed one in my mobile home. It was an electric furnace in a small closet. All I did was built a tin box for the exchanger and moved the furnace up that amount. Lots of room to raise it. Not sure about the gas but I bet it's a lot of empty space I would start removing stuff and take a look. I would do any cutting underneath if you don't have too. And it actually is easy toi fix if you buy the proper insulation and belly tarp to install it. The insulation is available in 48" wide batts by as long as you want, same stuff as used on ceilings and walls of steel commercial buildings, belly tarp backing material is already glued to it. just cut the material to length and there is a 1x4 piece of wood screw nailed to the bottom of the floor joists that you can screw nail it to. If you do a search on utube for trailer floor repair there is lots of videos of what you can do to repair the floor insulation.

Yep those are the easiest.......   
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Sprinter

• Do it right the first time, its cheaper In the long run
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: Indoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: Menominee
  • In the long run
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: March 04, 2014, 09:57:40 PM »

Thanks for the info,

I also came across this water to air heat exchanger sizing data and specification charts that shows what you're saying.
http://www.firstco.com/getattachment/Products/Multi-Family-Residential-Products/Miscellaneous/HWC/hwc209.pdf

And some braztek plate and finned water to air exchanger sizing and specs
http://www.brazetek.com/finned-coil-water-air-heat-exchangers
Michigan Thumber
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 [5]