Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Husqvarna 372XP oil leak  (Read 2825 times)

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
Husqvarna 372XP oil leak
« on: April 19, 2017, 05:25:26 PM »

Hey I know a bunch of you guys are running this saw. Any of you have oil leaking from the bar oil res when it sits. Mine is only maybe year and half old and every time it sits for any length of time there is a puddle under it. I have taken it back a couple times and they did something to it but it starts doing it again not long after. I don't really care love the saw just makes a mess and was wondering if you guys had this problem too.
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Husqvarna 372XP oil leak
« Reply #1 on: April 19, 2017, 05:46:59 PM »

It's got to be from lack of use, if it's not sitting in the shed it won't leave a mess, bring it up here along with some steaks from last years harvest and we will allow you to test run it on my woodpile for the weekend and I bet it will not leak anymore!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

aarmga

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-250
  • Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2017, 09:21:39 PM »

This happens on lower end saws because the oil gear tolerance isn't as tight as some.  Now I know this is an xp pro saw so it should not leak. None of my Stihl saws leak a drop ever but the old cheap Remington leaks after a while, usually after a month.  I just drain my oil out of that saw and that's good enough for me.
Stihl 211 - 16"
Remington Rodeo Pro - 20"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
SpeeCo 22 Ton Honda splitter
JD 1025r with FEL
Natures Comfort NCB 250 custom added overhead air injection

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2017, 05:54:05 PM »

Rich you are absolutely right it doesn't leak when it's hard at work or you don't notice it anyway. I might make my way up there one of these days but I'd rather hit the pool tables than the wood pile and yeah I'll bring you something tasty from last years harvest. You should try the goose italian sausage can't make it fast enough , 50 pounds gone already.
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.