Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: Dealer Meeting...  (Read 11366 times)

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
Re: Dealer Meeting...
« Reply #15 on: May 06, 2017, 05:53:49 PM »

Hmm. What kind of extras?

userdk

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnaces - Pineview Woodstoves
« Reply #16 on: May 06, 2017, 06:14:45 PM »

Sight glass. Perhaps remote monitoring in the future. The sky's the limit in a way.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #17 on: May 07, 2017, 04:26:31 AM »

So it's using a blower or a draft inducer?
Is it using a solenoid for draft control or still  the damper plate?
I only ask because the one I saw in the lab certainly had those changes in the works!
If either of those have changed then I would think it would need to be retested.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #18 on: May 07, 2017, 07:02:05 AM »

Well well well, I wonder who's idea the sightglass was! Just for the record here folks, I told them that a cheaper G series was a bad idea 2 years ago,  I preferred fixing the small issues on the older model first and making it better,I see issues right out of the gate from the pics on this one and will at this point  take the wait and see attitude!

I for one and at least in our area feel that having a more affordable model isn’t such a horrible ideal.

Years ago about the time our last fearless leader took office our area was hit very hard by the “economic downturn”. Just to the east of us is a very large Amish population, with that able workforce we were known as the RV capital of the country. Motor coaches, popups, fifth wheels, bumper pulls, utility trailers, snowmobile trailers, just about any kind of recreation trailer you could imagine was built in that area, next town over same thing. Once things slowed down a lot of those factories shut down, to this day you still drive by empty buildings.

When things were booming people were getting all the overtime they wanted, so they bought toys, and a lot had a horse or two even for the kids, over 60% of my hay production went to feed horses, I was even delivering at a premium to a guy who was raising and selling miniature horse, he must of had 40-50 miniature mares at one time for breeding purposes, last time I went buy he may of had 15 on the whole place. These days I’m making half as much hay as I did pre 2008 as there just isn’t a market for much more.

A lot of small cabinet shops were around the area supplying cabinets for all those RV’s went under as well, as did a lot of small welding shops that may have been building the frames or even the LP tank holders.

If it wasn’t for Notre Dame constantly expanding or upgrading a lot more union jobs would have been lost as well. Even  AM General is slower than they used to be with a lot of guys taking early retirement when it was offered.

Things have picked up some since then, but like I pointed out before a lot of empty buildings still in those towns. Then of course the county governments in all their wisdom instead of cutting spending when revenues fell instead raised taxes on those still working. County and property taxes never did go back down (of course) and a lot of temporary taxes were put in place that are still “temporary” according to the county governments but have become permanent.

Doesn’t matter how well something is made if people just can’t afford it, a lot of those small welding shops are now sending boilers out the back door claiming since it’s “homemade” it’s exempt. Indiana passed their own laws on OWB’s, even if federal is revoked I can guarantee Indiana will keep their’s, maybe once the IDEM (Indiana Department of Environmental Management) pays em a visit and the first guy needs to visit a proctologist afterwards then the boot leg boilers will stop when the message gets across homemade only applies to your own use.

Most potential sales end rather quickly when people ask the price and that doesn’t include installation, underground line, labor, etc. Being able to arrange financing hasn’t helped either as a lot of people took advantage of easy credit when the money was just rolling out of the RV factories, then a lot of em got caught with their pants down when they got laid off.

If a more affordable boiler will actually get people to purchase a legal unit then so be it, I think there could be a rather large market for em in my area. If it’s affordable enough then the ROI is better. I built my first one as for just heating the house a commercial unit didn’t pencil out at all, would have been like paying my monthly heating bill year round for five years, however once the shop and sidewalk was added things changed. I have natural gas here at the farm, still make more sense to heat with wood, we have our own 250 acres to keep the fencerows cleaned up and over a 1000 acres of rented ground to keep up with, if we weren’t burning it, then we’d be shoving it in piles to rot. If the initial investment goes down maybe more people will become more self sufficient.

Of course, actually having winter here again would help tremendously, set several new highs this past one. People have already forgotten when several years ago that winter when we had polar vortex after polar vortex that LP hit $5/gallon and you could only buy a hundred gallons at a time as the supply was that short.

People and their short memories is why tax day and election day are roughly half a year apart, the people running the government might be idiots, but they make up for it in guile.
« Last Edit: May 07, 2017, 07:19:13 AM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

userdk

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: May 07, 2017, 10:13:33 AM »

Slim, we have one on our lot. Same great design. Same great efficiency. No smoke bypass.

shepherd boy

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: May 07, 2017, 12:36:47 PM »

I think the concept is the same as in the auto industry. For a work truck I don't care for power windows, power seats, heated seats,etc. Give me less moving parts, but keep dependability. Give me my cummins, 5spd,4wd and like the old 12 valve, no computer, no def fluid truck. Cheaper in cost not cheaper in dependability. But those that want the comfort and convenience at a little more cost ,that's fine. Most people we sell stoves to are working,country folks that want to save money.It seems great to be tied to a company that wants their gasser to compete with conventionals even if there is no epa mandate. This is one step closer and I know it won't be the last. I understand it's already having an effect. We have a waiting list for GS and are told that Heatmaster has a waiting list and current production run is sold out and it's summer. Can we get units this fall is the Question.
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #21 on: May 07, 2017, 02:13:14 PM »

That's awesome, can somebody answer my questions PLEASE!

BIG AL

• OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: May 07, 2017, 07:47:04 PM »

I like my g-200 the way it is , and yes it was a huge nut to swallow when I bought it. I like the bypass and everything else. I could care less about the window , I was offered to have one fabed for me not worth it. If it was cheaper to purchase I could probably get some people to buy one , but cheaper means you loose the features that makes the one I have better than what my friends have. Like the CB's with the charred fronts. But with that said if more people can burn wood and be happy then I'm all for it , It has changed our life both comfort wise and economicly and I'm glad they are offering choices to have the base model and the cadillac. Keep up the quality and that's what matters.Stay in the business where others have failed and make a decent product that will last the test of time. I keep fixing my old trucks because the new ones are not made to last , and my old tractors same thing.
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #23 on: May 07, 2017, 10:03:03 PM »

That's awesome, can somebody answer my questions PLEASE!
If you are talking about the damper and blower question, the G and GS boilers have the same parts.

userdk

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: May 07, 2017, 11:44:54 PM »

A decade ago when my Dad first got into the boiler business, fuel prices had reached an all time high. Folks weren't buying outdoor boilers for a toy. Quite the contrary. People whose budgets just weren't reaching around were buying then out of necessity. We were paying well over $800/ month for heat. We bought the business from an acquaintance that was moving to Kentucky. During the 2007-2009 era we sold more units per year than ever since and a large portion of our customers didn't have the resources, credit, or cash flow to buy something expensive. HeatMaster at the time was offering an ECO3000 capable of heating up to 3,000 square feet and which sold at a suggested retail of $3995 not on sale. During that time, this unit was a best seller. No it wasn't fancy, but those boilers were built to last and are still cranking out heat today. As dealers, our primary objective should be doing what's right for our customers, which does not always entail the most expensive boiler in inventory. The notion that creating a more affordable alternative is going to sacrifice quality or longevity is nothing but a baseless assumption. The notion that adding a GS-Series to the lineup will somehow lessen the quality of the G-Series is even more absurd.

We're looking forward to offering a fuller lineup to better accomodate our customers' needs. The GS-Series will allow us to reach more of the market, while still offering the same great design and efficiency.
« Last Edit: May 08, 2017, 12:14:12 AM by userdk »

userdk

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: May 08, 2017, 12:27:53 AM »

I also like the minor cosmetic/exterior changes they've made to the units.
Tough to get it into the pictures but I think the new paint they're using is a bit glossier. Part of why they look so sharp.

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #26 on: May 08, 2017, 12:58:45 AM »

Yes RSI that was the question, Thank You for answering it!

Pointblank

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: May 08, 2017, 08:23:54 AM »

Nothing wrong with coming out with a more affordable model with a few less features. With propane and fuel oil as cheap as they are now, I think its a good idea for both Heatmaster, and the industry in general. Its hard to justify spending $10000-$13000 on an OWB system. Unless you live in Minnesota and heat a 3000 sq ft leaky farmhouse,  the payback time stretches out many years down the road. More affordable options are going to be a good thing for the industry.
Central Boiler Classic Edge 550
Previous- Central Boiler 5648- 13 years

Minnesota

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: May 08, 2017, 10:07:05 AM »

Cb did the same thing with the edge line but approached it different with a different design. I think heatmaster is doing it the right way with the same model, tried and tested in the field without having to retest epa tests.

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: May 08, 2017, 07:52:11 PM »

When are the prices going to be released? How did they sell out with no price release?
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4