Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: A sign of the times?  (Read 5018 times)

aarmga

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-250
  • Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
Re: A sign of the times?
« Reply #15 on: June 11, 2017, 10:07:58 PM »

I asked my daughter which is more important to her. Her phone or car.    She said phone.

Imagine that.

Lol 😝
Stihl 211 - 16"
Remington Rodeo Pro - 20"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
SpeeCo 22 Ton Honda splitter
JD 1025r with FEL
Natures Comfort NCB 250 custom added overhead air injection

NaturallyAspirated

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: M250
  • Golfing, snowmobiling fool!
    • View Profile
    • http://www.nealmastel.com
« Reply #16 on: June 12, 2017, 05:12:58 AM »

Kids in their lower twenties having to take "life skills" classes.  WTF is that.  You can't even do your laundry  and so on.  We have folks around here that learn and do great work. Most of those don't speak English well but they can figure stuff out.  Unfortunately those who want and will do some of that skilled laborer aren't in vogue now........

Yah, no sh*t. they also learn how to balance a check book in those classes…

Seriously, are you f*cking kidding me, my mom was a CPA, Dad always did his own books for the farm, I knew how to balance a checkbook before I ever had a checking account. I’ve heard people complain because schools aren’t teaching common sense stuff anymore like that…

Wanna know something? Balancing a check book and doing laundry is something the parents should have taught em while they were home, period.
Balancing a checkbook is almost a waste of time nowadays.
Miss Farad was pretty and sensual, and charged to a reckless potential; but a rascal named Ohm conducted her home - Her decline was, alas, exponential
Send me your bitcoins!  1GEsGKzP5xK9e45YDjmRzGYpnhwT3oNbvj

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #17 on: June 12, 2017, 10:07:44 AM »

Kids in their lower twenties having to take "life skills" classes.  WTF is that.  You can't even do your laundry  and so on.  We have folks around here that learn and do great work. Most of those don't speak English well but they can figure stuff out.  Unfortunately those who want and will do some of that skilled laborer aren't in vogue now........

Seriously, are you f*cking kidding me, my mom was a CPA, Dad always did his own books for the farm, I knew how to balance a checkbook before I ever had a checking account. I’ve heard people complain because schools aren’t teaching common sense stuff anymore like that…

Wanna know something? Balancing a check book and doing laundry is something the parents should have taught em while they were home, period.

I suppose, maybe. On both my business’s everything gets run thru the check book and actual checks are wrote.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 12, 2017, 12:49:54 PM »

That's very true if you're like me who uses a debit card in place of the checkbook, but old habits are hard to break.  A few times I've found fraudulent charges to my account that wouldn't have been found if my OCD hadn't kicked in.  Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

ST98

• View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 12, 2017, 04:32:59 PM »

We didn't have life skills classes we had life.  Many times that came with a kick in the ass, life skilllesson learned.

I've created many train wrecks in my life, I'm calling myself an engineer now......
Pages: 1 [2]