Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5

Author Topic: More Moderators  (Read 13194 times)

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: More Moderators
« Reply #30 on: September 10, 2017, 07:57:27 AM »

Real life commitments change daily.

Not exactly a paying gig either nor did they swear on their lives to log in everyday.

Not that unusual actually, if anything more than expected. On another forum I help with if a moderator doesn’t log in for quite a long time they are bumped back down to member.

Posted from my iPhone while filling a tractor with fuel to ted hay.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #31 on: September 10, 2017, 09:46:34 AM »

Marty, I fully understand that you put in a lot of effort on here as well as around the farm, i do appreciate your efforts! However I feel that you are a bit closed minded when it comes to getting the facts out in the open, let's face it not once have you or anyone else proven my statements to be wrong or a lie but yet when I attempt to prove a point, I get hit with silly warnings like spanking a child. I feel more Moderators that are not owned by a manufacturer would bring back some of the impartial thinking on the forum!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #32 on: September 10, 2017, 10:39:49 AM »

Possible, but also can’t have members that represent one brand continually bashing another, kinda kills the impartial bit then.

Nor can we have a member who represents one brand continually trying to goad other members who represent a different brand into an online pissing match.

LOL really? “more Moderators that are not owned by a manufacturer”

When I start receiving weekly checks for representing a companies online interests then you’ll have something to worry about, until then all my time spent on this forum is gratis.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2017, 10:45:42 AM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #33 on: September 10, 2017, 12:00:42 PM »

Call it what you will Marty, the truth is the truth and folks should know the truth if the forum is to remain impartial, nobody has ever tried to stop a dealer from defending their or a manufacturers policy, some however choose to ignore criticism and only complain about it to the only moderator who in turn sells the very same product, in contrast, I have now been asked twice by the owner if I wanted to be a moderator, I refused because I personally feel that it would be a conflict of interest, I feel that you do a great job in most areas BUT I also feel that in fairness to ALL the other manufacturers that there should be other moderators active as well and they should be from OTHER companies.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #34 on: September 10, 2017, 12:30:43 PM »

Call it what you will Marty, the truth is the truth and folks should know the truth if the forum is to remain impartial, nobody has ever tried to stop a dealer from defending their or a manufacturers policy, some however choose to ignore criticism and only complain about it to the only moderator who in turn sells the very same product, in contrast, I have now been asked twice by the owner if I wanted to be a moderator, I refused because I personally feel that it would be a conflict of interest, I feel that you do a great job in most areas BUT I also feel that in fairness to ALL the other manufacturers that there should be other moderators active as well and they should be from OTHER companies.

Thats fine and dandy, I haven’t argued that once.

No matter how many there are, folks that go against the new policy will face repercussions whether they be one moderator or a dozen. Not like we are gonna get together and vote on the matter. I’ve moderated sites like that, it turns into a tremendous farce in no time waiting for each one to chime in. If the members were actually paying a fee to be able to be a read and post that’s one thing, then it should be ran as a democracy, however it’s not. Decisions need to be made quickly before the public can view another idiotic washing the boiler out thread.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

userdk

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 400
    • View Profile
    • Outdoor Wood Furnaces - Pineview Woodstoves
« Reply #35 on: September 11, 2017, 08:14:28 PM »

To be fair, anyone seeking to use this forum to promote their product either by attacking their leading competitors or through shameless self promotion should expect, in my opinion, a rebuke from any fair moderator. To expect a moderator to recuse himself over every "potential" for a conflict of interest is in my opinion taking it a bit too far. In looking back in the forum, I see instances where the moderators stepped in to keep the conversation civil long before Marty started selling boilers.

shepherd boy

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: September 12, 2017, 04:11:31 AM »

Well said userdk, seems to me anyone of good character using the forum would want to hear advice from the moderator as to the tone of our comments, even if it is not an outright rebuke. We all have our hangups and need direction at times.
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #37 on: September 13, 2017, 01:41:35 AM »

Ha ha, I must say I did expect something similar from both of you much sooner. This forum since I became a member has always had 3 moderators, I personally think that worked well for fairness all around.
Shameless self promotion, attacking leaders, are you serious? I have brought issues that I personally as well as my customers have experienced to this forum, not one time has anyone ever proven my statements wrong, in fact your little group chooses to ignore those facts and to promote your product as the ultimate, well it isn't! yes I do see this forum declining in reputation, it used to be a place where a person could find good, fair and unbiased opinions and ideas without the misleading sales pitches found at the carnival. I don't see truth as being the culprit here, I see the art of ignoring and covering up the issues as the problem. I see misleading information like promoting 300 degree stack temps (we all know differently don't we?)and a G 100 feeding 200,000 BTUs of heat into hot air exchangers all day and maintaining temps (right Marty) or stainless being indestructible as being the issue, no the issue is meeting an issue head on, admitting there is a problem and then solving it. Lies become your future, Truth becomes your past!

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #38 on: September 13, 2017, 01:55:40 AM »

Want proof of those stack temps? Hey Coolidge, how about we pull the roof off your G 200 and show the piece of roofing material that we used to keep the insulation from burning above your fire tubes and by the way, how about telling the crew here why you came down to retrieve your old P and M 250, wasn't it because it burned a LOT less wood?

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: September 13, 2017, 06:14:24 AM »

Not to get off topic but didn't Coolidge have a failed radiant slab that caused his wood usage to soar?

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #40 on: September 13, 2017, 06:54:26 AM »

Could be but he's not convinced and wants to have his P and M ready if the issue isn't resolved.

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #41 on: September 13, 2017, 07:24:05 AM »

Wouldn't stack temps and delta t tell us where the btus from the wood were going?

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #42 on: September 13, 2017, 08:10:54 AM »

Yup, I'd even donate the time, wanna go with me when it gets cold and he fires it up?

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #43 on: September 13, 2017, 08:17:21 AM »

That would be a fun trip, I would like to if I can swing it. Time is at a premium most times playing daddy day care on my off days while the wife works. We will see what we can do!

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #44 on: September 13, 2017, 08:19:23 AM »

Just thinking that if you were there then perhaps it might add some credibility!
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5