Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4

Author Topic: sharkbite radiant style / sidearm double wall stainless / Pumps  (Read 12195 times)

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
Re: sharkbite radiant style / sidearm double wall stainless / Pumps
« Reply #15 on: August 12, 2017, 07:53:33 AM »

Yes, two pumps would give a safety net. My point was that something like a 15-58 Grundfos, B&G NRF-22 or 25, etc have higher pressure output at about the same price as a 007, and nowhere near the cost of a 0011.
Pushing on the supply line is much less likely to cavitate rather than pulling somewhere "downstream", especially with a 0011.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: August 12, 2017, 05:37:23 PM »

Yes, two pumps would give a safety net. My point was that something like a 15-58 Grundfos, B&G NRF-22 or 25, etc have higher pressure output at about the same price as a 007, and nowhere near the cost of a 0011.
Pushing on the supply line is much less likely to cavitate rather than pulling somewhere "downstream", especially with a 0011.

Thanks great info I will in look in to them :) With the 2 pump Idea . I wonder if any of these pumps without check valve . How much flow
you would get if one stopped . I have one old 007 I got at flea market I could test. But I'm sure Grundfos and B&G has no check valve also.
I'm thinking I don't want check valve to close on either pumps. But they might just be directional flow and still open .

Heat550

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: August 12, 2017, 05:43:03 PM »

Flow test when boilers cold .. Has anyone seen these or maybe found a cheaper way to check flow after full systems installed .
This I idea would check when cold and use a bypass . and it measure in liters but you just convert . Spotted it on ebay .
http://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/JCoAAOSwNRdX-Lf2/s-l1600.jpg.

Heat550

RSI

• OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #18 on: August 12, 2017, 05:57:17 PM »

If it causes any restriction it may not be real accurate compared to flow when removed.

I have never tried it but you should be able to estimate flow pretty close by using a pressure gauge near the pump outlet. If you check pressure with pump off then run pump and subtract pressure when not running you should be able to convert it to head pressure then look it flow curve chart for the pump to find flow.

shepherd boy

• OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: August 12, 2017, 06:59:55 PM »

Pressure gauge at the outlet of the pump. Now that is an intriguing idea! I'll have to try that sometime when puttering around on a slow day. Wouldn't that be a novelty to add to a show trailer for the engineer at heart to observe.
« Last Edit: August 12, 2017, 07:03:16 PM by shepherd boy »
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: August 12, 2017, 08:55:21 PM »

Ok I have a taco 011 with psi gauge mounted 5 inches from pump outlet . It reads 2 psi when off and 12 psi when running .
so it be 10 PSI how do I convert it to head pressure . I have the pump curve chart here .

Heat550

If it causes any restriction it may not be real accurate compared to flow when removed.

I have never tried it but you should be able to estimate flow pretty close by using a pressure gauge near the pump outlet. If you check pressure with pump off then run pump and subtract pressure when not running you should be able to convert it to head pressure then look it flow curve chart for the pump to find flow.

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 12, 2017, 09:12:45 PM »

Let me know if I'm close :)

would be in a vacuum or atmosphere.

Heat550

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #22 on: August 12, 2017, 09:15:54 PM »

Multiple psi x 2.3 to get head pressure. I am on my phone right now so can't easily post a flow chart. Just search Google images for "taco 0011 curve"
Looks like it should be about 10gpm.

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: August 12, 2017, 09:45:59 PM »

Wow that's a rethinker .. How correct is that ? Yes chart says 10gpm .. This really supports I don't have enough baseboards . I need to makesure all zone valves are open yet but that's amazing . This might be a fix for my system add couple air exchangers in the zones . and put another taco 011 on the return line . Thanks for the info ...... I will let you know my findings .

Heat550

I will put pressure gauge after pump on system I'm putting in also :)

Multiple psi x 2.3 to get head pressure. I am on my phone right now so can't easily post a flow chart. Just search Google images for "taco 0011 curve"
Looks like it should be about 10gpm.

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: August 12, 2017, 10:07:21 PM »

See now it openes up how to put a low pressure gauge on the vent on outlet of pump on my other house :)
to see what the GPM is there :)

Heat550

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: August 15, 2017, 04:31:11 AM »

I made sure all zones were open . and tested a couple times and its holding at 10-11 psi  So that works out to 8-10 GPM taco 011
That means 80,000-100,000 btu it could supply . It makes me wonder if I put 2 armstrong 20-20CI pumps in if it help out
my base board system and then add couple small air ex changers . to my old system . instead of making a primary and secondary system . because now my baseboards don't have enough output .  in my system . thanks for the tip to ckeck GPM .

Heat550

aarmga

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-250
  • Central Wisconsin
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: August 24, 2017, 12:37:06 AM »

I just wanted to comment on the shark bite fittings, or use them the first year I installed my woodstove in my new house, they sealed fine for about three months into the second heating season and started to lick slowly. The O-ring ended up becoming flat and water could Seep past.    I ended up just soldering some copper to pex male fittings on the exchanger.  If you're in a pinch and want to get the stove rolling the shark bites will be fine but they do not last.  If u have some time to do it, do it right and skip them.
Stihl 211 - 16"
Remington Rodeo Pro - 20"
Stihl 661r magnum - 36"
SpeeCo 22 Ton Honda splitter
JD 1025r with FEL
Natures Comfort NCB 250 custom added overhead air injection

heat550

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: August 24, 2017, 03:21:20 AM »

Thanks for the input  :thumbup: I will solder some ends on then . About year ago I found these 1 inch copper to 1 inch pex fittings
made of copper .
witch work great but I cant find them now . I Think they work better then the bass fittings . for heat transfer when soldering . still hunting .  :bash:

Heat550

I just wanted to comment on the shark bite fittings, or use them the first year I installed my woodstove in my new house, they sealed fine for about three months into the second heating season and started to lick slowly. The O-ring ended up becoming flat and water could Seep past.    I ended up just soldering some copper to pex male fittings on the exchanger.  If you're in a pinch and want to get the stove rolling the shark bites will be fine but they do not last.  If u have some time to do it, do it right and skip them.

E Yoder

• OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #28 on: August 24, 2017, 05:24:11 AM »

http://www.pexuniverse.com/pex-fittings Has 1" all copper sweat to pex adapters down at the bottom on the copper pipe adapter page. But brass has worked fine for me.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

RSI

• View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #29 on: August 24, 2017, 06:14:43 AM »

Putting 2 pumps in series will double the head pressure but the max gpm will be the same as one pump.
\
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4