Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]

Author Topic: Anyone make their own water treatment?  (Read 9333 times)

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: Anyone make their own water treatment?
« Reply #45 on: September 14, 2017, 08:52:02 AM »

Yah, I can definitely see the owners point there, however it could be worse, could be like a company that will remain nameless and tell the customer for warranty work the stove needs drained, shipped back to the factory and the owner gets to pay freight both ways.

Not sure why I was even there, but was on Legal Zoom awhile back, they have pages and pages of stuff for warranties.

Personally, and this is personally, installing a new air box wouldn’t bother me that much. I’ve yet to make it to the ranks of a rich farmer yet, had all kinds of issues with the last used combine we bought, paid 140K for it, but the dealer was in no hurry to help out much with problems that arose mainly as he was keeping the new ones running that guys dropped 300K or better on, he flat out said, if you wanted a warranty you should have bought new.

That’s why none of my equipment will ever have a DEF system on em, I like old school far as equipment goes, roll it down the hill if required when the battery is dead or the starter is out. Newest one we have if the alternator is one it’s last legs but still not turning the idiot light on the three point won’t work and sometimes it won’t shift gears. Fought that for weeks once until actually testing the alternator while on the tractor. 

I’ve had injection pumps apart before with some success, have yet been able to take most sensors apart and repair em.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Anyone make their own water treatment?
« Reply #46 on: September 14, 2017, 09:07:05 AM »

Well I can say that if I bought a new ( insert brand and product ) and in less than a year, in reality we are talking a few months of use here any part of the product deteriorating to this point and then I find out that it's the only one they have ever seen at the factory, we will send you another one to replace that one, no we don't need the old one back for diagnosis, that alone tells me that they 1 knew about it, 2 have seen it before and 3 expect me to take my time to repair their mistake! I personally will not want to do further business withthat company,  period
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.
Pages: 1 2 3 [4]