Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Heatmaster - is the company still honoring their warranty or ???  (Read 7191 times)

jemmunro

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Heatmaster - is the company still honoring their warranty or ???
« on: September 23, 2017, 06:17:05 PM »

I'm new to the formum and I've been reading a little bit about the issues that Slimjim has been having as a Heatmaster Dealer with the Heatmaster Company.  I haven't found all of the information about what's been happening - mostly Hondaracer 2004's post that briefly discussed some of the  issues that Slimjim has been dealing with Heatmaster.

My question is whether the Heatmaster Company is standing by the warranty that they give on their units.

I'm just in the final process of deciding between the Heatmaster MF7000e and the Heatmor 400css.  There are a tremendous number of Heatmor OWBs in my area and the distributor for my area (SW Ontario) sent me a list of names & ph. numbers of satisfied Heatmor clients that I am welcome to contact.  The Heatmor Rep. in my area seems to be an honest man with a good reputation for solving any problems related to the Heatmor units.

My hubby is leaning towards the Heatmaster MF7000e.  I know from reading past posts about the Heatmaster, that up until at least 2013, Heatmaster had a fantastic reputation for a good solid OWB and that Heatmaster stood 100% behind their products, but I am wondering if that has changed in recent years? 

If anyone is willling to provide feed back (good or bad) on whether the Heatmaster OWB is still as well made as it used to be and whether the Heatmaster company is still honoring their warranty, I would really appreciate it because this is going to be a major investment for us.

shepherd boy

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
Re: Heatmaster - is the company still honoring their warranty or ???
« Reply #1 on: September 24, 2017, 03:26:18 AM »

In US the MF7000e is labeled C375. I'm burning one,and love it for what I'm doing. Two of my sons and my daughter are burning G series. Those units are gaining my trust, I'm an old school dealer and a hard nut to crack, but I'm getting cracked. Heatmaster has always stood by us on warranty. I am told Ontario has a great distributor. I don't know about your local dealer. Sounds like you got a great hubby, give that hubby a hug.

Love the country in western Ontario. Stayed north of Red Lake and Sioux Lookout for two years in my younger days. 1974-76. Been back fishing, last time at Kashabowie nearer to Thunder Bay in 2009.
« Last Edit: September 24, 2017, 05:32:03 AM by shepherd boy »
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 24, 2017, 06:51:06 AM »

As far as we all know heatmaster has taken care of their customers. They are well built boilers and I think many compare other boilers to heatmaster as a standard. As a side note, any reason you aren't considering a gasser instead?

jemmunro

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 24, 2017, 09:12:50 AM »

I'm no expert on the OWBs - trying to learn as much as I can about them. It's a real learning experience after using woodstoves for the past 30 years! 

From what I've read and been told by the dealers of both Heatmaster & Heatmor, gassers can be finicky if using greener wood.  I don't plan to use anything but dry seasoned wood, but on the other hand, I don't have a storage set up where I can keep the wood completely  100% free from snow or rain. 

I am going to be the one keeping the OWB going throughout the cold months and don't want to run into any issues with damp wood.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #4 on: September 24, 2017, 01:02:30 PM »

Valid points.

One of the reasons here in the states conventional were banned is because people regularly burned green wood in em, trash, tires, railroad ties or anything else they could stuff in em, I know of one place that butchers and burns their offal in a OWB.

For the most part if the wood is already seasoned a little snow isn’t going to hurt too much if you can knock most of it off. Takes a lot of rain to get dry wood wet again, not saying it can’t happen though.

Go with whatever your most comfortable with though as it is your check book after all.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 24, 2017, 01:54:32 PM »

You sound like an already expierenced wood burner. Treat your wood like like you did with your wood stove and you will be just fine. The heatmor dealer is definitely going to steer you away from a gasser because heatmor doesn't have a gasser so don't take much of what he has to say about gassers. The heatmaster dealer should be getting comfortable at this point selling gassers, many dealers were scared of what they didn't know. You will enjoy burning much less wood with a gasser over a conventional, even the mfe series which have a heat exchanger. If you can afford a gasser then go for it. The g series is also very forgiving to run, some gassers tend to bridge out and I have only had that happen to me once which was my fault anyway. Like I said if you have the money to buy a gasser then I don't see a real fair fight between a gasser and conventional.

shepherd boy

• OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2017, 02:49:03 PM »

If you're using nothing but dry seasoned wood I think you;ll love a gasser. But I only have experience with Heatmaster's G series.
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

jemmunro

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 24, 2017, 05:04:10 PM »

Thank you all for your input.  The gassers are out of my price range (the joy of living in Canada  :bash:).  This is such a learning experience for me, but I am determined to make it work, cause I like a warm house in the winter!

hondaracer2oo4

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 24, 2017, 06:14:57 PM »

If you don't mind what is your price range? I thought the gs series would be awful close to the same price tag as a mf7000

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2017, 08:19:35 PM »

Regardless of which brand you choose, you’ll be much happier heating with wood once the fire is outside where it belongs. House will stay much cleaner not to mention your humidity levels in the house will be easier to keep up in the winter.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

E Yoder

• OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2017, 05:27:25 AM »

From my experience Heatmaster is the same reputable company they've always been. We've worked through good times and tough times and they've always stood with us.

Both the MF and G units are very easy to use . You won't be disappointed with either.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

jemmunro

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 26, 2017, 06:05:39 PM »

You sound like an already expierenced wood burner. Treat your wood like like you did with your wood stove and you will be just fine. The heatmor dealer is definitely going to steer you away from a gasser because heatmor doesn't have a gasser so don't take much of what he has to say about gassers. The heatmaster dealer should be getting comfortable at this point selling gassers, many dealers were scared of what they didn't know. You will enjoy burning much less wood with a gasser over a conventional, even the mfe series which have a heat exchanger. If you can afford a gasser then go for it. The g series is also very forgiving to run, some gassers tend to bridge out and I have only had that happen to me once which was my fault anyway. Like I said if you have the money to buy a gasser then I don't see a real fair fight between a gasser and conventional.

Sorry, I was wrong about the Heatmor dealer telling us to stay away from gassers.  We've spoken with 3 different dealers in our area: the first dealer was P&M.  He was the one who really ran the gassers down, sayed he had one himself and sold it because it was too difficult to keep lit. 

I can't recall if the Heatmor dealer said anything negative about gassers.  I do remember telling him that I wasn't interested in a gasification unit and he said that the Heatmor units I was considering were not gassers.

The Heatmaster dealer has only been selling Heatmasters for 2 months.  He used to sell Empyre and then C.B.  He said that the gasifiction units do not burn well on green or damp wood.   He also said that he plans to retire in 10 years, so I'm not sure whether I feel comfortable with that fact.  Two weeks ago I asked him for some names & ph. numbers of any Heatmaster clients in my general area.  He promised that he could provide me with some names & numbers, but has not come up with any yet, so I'm not sure whether I feel confident with his promises. 

jemmunro

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 26, 2017, 06:06:56 PM »

If you don't mind what is your price range? I thought the gs series would be awful close to the same price tag as a mf7000

Sorry I don't recall the price of the MF vs. gs series. 

jemmunro

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2017, 06:12:10 PM »

Regardless of which brand you choose, you’ll be much happier heating with wood once the fire is outside where it belongs. House will stay much cleaner not to mention your humidity levels in the house will be easier to keep up in the winter.

Yes, it is very stressful trying to sleep at night when there is always a niggling little worry at the back of your mind that a chimney fire could occur.  I do kind of like the dry heat from burning a woodstove - thinking I should be living somplace hot & dry like Arizona.   ;)

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2017, 06:24:34 PM »

Yes, it is very stressful trying to sleep at night when there is always a niggling little worry at the back of your mind that a chimney fire could occur.  I do kind of like the dry heat from burning a woodstove - thinking I should be living somplace hot & dry like Arizona.   ;)

Someplace like Arizona used to be you mean. Some places are actually generating their own humidity, too much grass and gold courses being watered in the middle of the desert makes no sense to me, your in the desert, if you want grass then move to an area where it grows on its own.

My wife has many health issues and dry air really makes it difficult to breath at times. We also been remodeling the house a room at a time, all the oak is being stripped and returned to how it was originally, which means many layers of paint and varnish had to go. Hard to keep crown molding joints tight if it shrinks a bunch from low humidity in the winter.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

Pages: [1] 2