Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Perseverance  (Read 1442 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Perseverance
« on: November 09, 2017, 03:58:25 AM »

My co-worker just turned 50 and shot his first deer, ever, yesterday.  He's been hunting since he was 15 years old.  It was around 110 pound doe but you swear he won the powerball.  I have never been happier for someone than this guy.  Patience and perseverance pays off.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

shepherd boy

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
Re: Perseverance
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 04:21:23 AM »

That's good to see, when someone can realize a dream.

While on a hunting theme, had an interesting happen to me last eve. Shot a doe with a smoke pole, a little too far back and high, broke it's back and needed to reload for a second shot. A black bear about 300 lb tried to claim the deer. It was in a field and I ran him off over the hill with the truck and came back and finished off the deer but he came back as well and watched . I reloaded and gutted the deer and left. bet he hit the gut pile. Bear season opens for black powder tomorrow. Let him come back, we'll have some fun.
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

Buckeyenut

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
Re: Perseverance
« Reply #2 on: November 11, 2017, 04:20:46 AM »

I am in the same boat as your co worker but with turkey. I didn't start hunting till I was 22 and didn't have anyone to show me the ropes so learned the hard way by mistakes. My dad hated guns since being drafted into Army for Vietnam, so no guns in his house. Didn't take up turkey hunting till 1996, but still haven't shot one yet. And to this day is still my favorite thing to hunt. Oddly enough I have called 3 turkeys in for other people to shoot....