Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Nibco pex  (Read 2136 times)

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Nibco pex
« on: December 11, 2017, 09:04:24 AM »

So looking to just start taking sticks of pex to jobs instead of fighting coils, only thing I can find locally is Nibco, I know awhile back there was a lawsuit against em as they supposedly had a premature failure of the pipe at the joints, anybody know of what came of this and has the issue been resolved.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
Re: Nibco pex
« Reply #1 on: December 11, 2017, 09:49:32 AM »

I don't know anything about the outcome there, but I do know I've got miles of Nibco out there and never had a failure. What can you get in sticks? I looked specifically for Nibco before I went to Viega and couldn't find any. The short rolls of opaque pipe from Menards are a lot easier to work with than Rehau off a roll, so I thought those sticks would be nice but couldn't find em

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #2 on: December 11, 2017, 10:23:41 AM »

Menards offer the 20’ sticks of Nibco 1” in both red and blue for $15 a stick, minimum order of 15 sticks, they don’t stock it but will order and deliver to store for free. Take my trailer up and do a Darin and horse shoe em in. Some basements however may be near impossible to actually get a 20’ stick in unless they have a window that opens. This last one I worked on was REAL nice, backed the trailer up to the walkout and bingo. Took the leaf blower along and blew all the snow away from the basement door as well so no tracking crap on their cement.
« Last Edit: December 11, 2017, 10:26:38 AM by mlappin »
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

wreckit87

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 11, 2017, 11:02:53 AM »

Funny you say that actually, I did a job awhile ago that took 200ft across the basement to a second furnace HX and had a real hard time getting sticks down the stairs so I brought them all in through a window! I had no idea Menards would sell sticks, I even asked and the guy thought I was nuts lol. A guy can horseshoe em in the back of the truck too if you don't wanna drag a trailer to town. My box is only 5.5ft long and takes them just fine. Put the loop in front and let the tails hang over the closed tailgate. DO NOT go the other way though, the wind will grab the horseshoe and pull the pipe out on to the highway- ask me how I know

wreckit87

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 11, 2017, 11:09:12 AM »

Well I'll be a SOB! Just checked their site and a guy can blue and red for $15 like you said. But even more fun is that you can get the same 20 footers in white for $12.29! I actually prefer neutral colors like black and white anyway so they're not confused with hot (red) and cold (blue).

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #5 on: December 11, 2017, 05:35:23 PM »

I have used a bunch of it and never had a problem. It is PEX C, if that makes any difference to you. They claim that the coils are supposed to have memory to go straight instead of coiled but I never noticed that much difference with it.
It does seem to stay where you bend it more than the pex A and B I have used.