Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Phone Alarm?  (Read 2554 times)

Dillon1630

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: G200
    • View Profile
Phone Alarm?
« on: December 28, 2017, 07:01:43 AM »

Any word on HeatMaster getting some tech so that the alarm will be on your phone?  I had the blinking light this morning (coldest of the year) and we can not see it from our house.  It was just a bridge in the wood, but it would be nice to have an alarm that would wake you up. 

E Yoder

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: GS 100
    • View Profile
    • www.heatmasterfurnace.com
Re: Phone Alarm?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2017, 07:23:35 AM »

I'm not aware of any progress on that. I know it was on the to do list but haven't asked since last spring .
 The cheapest route would be a wireless barbecue temp sensor and a Wi-Fi security camera.
HeatMaster dealer serving southwest VA.
www.heatmasterfurnace.com

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: December 28, 2017, 07:53:16 AM »

quickest fix to that would be putting a wireless BBQ themormeter on the supply and return lines in your house. Set the controller by your night stand and set the high alarm for 200F and the low alarm for 140F. that way it will start beeping at you either way. You can get one on amazon for like 29.99 I have two of them: one for my house lines and one for my barn lines.

smithbr

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 28, 2017, 08:16:00 AM »

Dillon
What's the temperature of your inbound water from the furnace? Instead of a high tech solution, put a thermal switch (high cutout) on the inbound piping, and use it to activate a buzzer.  I'm buying the following today for the same reason; I've already got a wifi unit to monitor performance, and it's great for that, but it doesn't wake me up... :bash:.

http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G20436  (cutout about 162 F)
http://www.goldmine-elec-products.com/prodinfo.asp?number=G16776

I'll energize them from the circuit that powers my furnace pump, so if it's powered but the temp is too low, the buzzer activates.  I'll put an override switch in, of course, but it shouldn't be needed most of the time.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: December 28, 2017, 08:26:43 AM »

I am using the lascar WiFi tp. It is a cloud based program that you can view the temp from anywhere with a internet connection. There is also a app for your phone to view the temp and historical graph from your phone. You can set up email alerts for low or high temp thst you set.

On another note are you having bridging problems? Typically this is a loading issue on the user but could. E something else. Can you tell us about your loading techniques?

Dillon1630

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: December 28, 2017, 09:04:35 AM »

Thanks for all of the info.  This was my first bridging problem.  I had one large piece that fell sideways and messed up everything. I've been burning seasoned oak tie ends, so the blocks are not the best for stacking but they burn great. They have no bark, so the ash is almost nothing.  I will look into the BBQ sensor solutions...sounds like a winner.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #6 on: December 28, 2017, 09:06:02 AM »

You can also add another LED light to the existing one, just mount the auxiliary light where you can see it.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Dillon1630

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2018, 02:34:45 PM »

Just to update....I did add the BBQ monitor to my furnace and it works great.  I have the high and low set and I connected it to my heat exchanger with the clip included.  I taped the sensor to the exchanger with some foil duct tape.  I have the monitor beside my bead and now I sleep well knowing my fire is not out. Thanks for help.