Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Control By Web X-410  (Read 6167 times)

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
Control By Web X-410
« on: January 17, 2018, 08:52:50 PM »

im looking into getting the X-410 by Control By Web. Any members on here have any experience with any of their controllers???

Thanks

ralphxj

• OWF Brand: Eco-Max
  • OWF Model: 125
    • View Profile
Re: Control By Web X-410
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 02:01:11 PM »

Several on here running the x300 and x320. I ordered my x320 on eBay like a hour before they announced the x410!  :bash:

I've been happy with the x320 so far, but the x410 looks even better!!

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 18, 2018, 06:11:44 PM »

What temps are u watching?? Supply and return? Can the data be logged and graphed?

I'm hoping to capture supply/return temps and also flue gas temps

ralphxj

• OWF Brand: Eco-Max
  • OWF Model: 125
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 19, 2018, 09:05:14 AM »

I'm watching supply and return at the boiler, supply and return into the house and currently General outside temp. I plan to monitor my shop temp when I move the boiler and begin heating the shop as well. I also plan on controlling the shop heat with a relay through the x320.

The x410 will do all of the above, and they also now have an add-on module for the x410 that will let you run a sensor to monitor flue temps!

The x320 doesn't let me graph, although there are ways to send your data to a database and setup web based graphs if you know how to stay sort of programing. Marty on here has done it. I messed with it little big but haven't fully set it up yet. The x410 has built in graphing I belive. I would for sure get the x410 over the x320!!

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 19, 2018, 05:59:37 PM »

thanks! For everything I need its a bit costly but will be well worth it !

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #5 on: January 19, 2018, 09:42:21 PM »

Right at this particular moment, I知 looking at an outlay of about $50 to build a monitor based on the raspberry pi zeroWH board. Will have four temp probes and two thermocouples, a friend is a code monkey and he値l handle that part.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 22, 2018, 10:02:52 PM »

Right at this particular moment, I知 looking at an outlay of about $50 to build a monitor based on the raspberry pi zeroWH board. Will have four temp probes and two thermocouples, a friend is a code monkey and he値l handle that part.

yeah I thought about going that route. even talked to my IT buddies about it. But all in all I don't trust my skills for writing a program like that. I ended up purchasing everything I needed which included an expensive cell phone router because I don't have WiFi. It was a bigger upfront cost but I wont have an expensive monthly bill to pay every month for unreliable satellite internet. All said and done I spent about $750 for everything I need. a little costly but it will do everything I want including cloud date logging and real time temps. I will be monitoring Water Jacket temps, supply, return, stack temps and hopefully secondary reaction chamber temps if I can figure out a good way to get a thermocouple in there. Ryan is suppose to be checking with his engineers this week to see if they have an idea on the best placement for one. The entire system will be mounted right out at the boiler. either in the back pump cabinet or in a separate electrical cabinet that I will mount to the outside of the unit. everything should be delivered by next week, I will be sure to keep you all update!

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #7 on: January 22, 2018, 10:19:21 PM »

I figured right above the site glass.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: January 23, 2018, 04:17:55 PM »

I figured right above the site glass.

That's not a bad idea......any thoughts on how to fish it in there with still being able to open the door easily???

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #9 on: January 23, 2018, 04:36:43 PM »

I have one that痴 ten inches long. Take a long drill bit and drill clear thru the door. Tap the outer layer and insert it thru and tighten it up. Take the lead and run it to the right and fasten it to a hinge then run under the stove to the monitor. May have to get some K type wire to extend it. FYI it has to be Ktype wire, not speaker wire, not house wire, but k type wire or it won稚 read accurately as any other wire will change the reading.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

tinfoilhat2020

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 23, 2018, 07:25:55 PM »

not a bad idea. I believe Control By Web will make me any kind of sensor that I need, so I will have to take your recommendation on that.

greasemonkoid

• OWF Model: NCB175
  • wnc mountains
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2018, 09:51:06 PM »

Figured I would post my controlbyweb experience since the thread is/was about the X410. I've got my X410 up and running 100% to my liking. It did cost a bit all together, but it's so much more than boiler monitoring. Hopefully some vacation time is in my future and being able to keep an eye on humidity, temperature, and water leaks in the house is a major plus. I've got the thermocouple adapter with a 4" probe in my flue, it works quite well, and the ability to have the thing email and text my phone if something goes beyond my custom parameters is awesome.

I did find a bug, in the coding apparently, and this week they were very willing to help diagnose and rectify the issue. There is a bit of a learning curve to overcome, but if you like automation, this system is slicker than owl snot.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #12 on: March 15, 2019, 07:07:07 AM »

I知 running a X410 in the basement, using the built in relay to remotely control my snowmelt.

I致e got a script up and running on the X300 in the shop to control a pump.

Right now I have two backups for the wood boiler. If temps drop below 155 then the waste oil boiler kicks in, if for some reason that fails to fire I have a snap disc on the supply line in the house that closes if the water temp drops below 130F. Once it closes it starts the secondary loop to the furnace HX so the house furnace can back feed heat to the boilers.

I知 gonna write a script for the X410 so when supply temps drop it starts the secondary loop and sends me an email.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120