Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: D.O. on E-Classic 1400 this morning  (Read 2184 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
D.O. on E-Classic 1400 this morning
« on: January 03, 2018, 04:17:59 AM »

I went outside to put some wood in the E-classic 1400 this morning and the digital display showed d.o., meaning Door Open.  I smacked the door and that took care of the problem.  The water temp was down to 158 with a reaction chamber temp of 128.  Once I smacked I smacked the door, the blower came on, fire started to roar and she quickly returning to operating temp.  My question for your CB or non-CB folks, what the heck could have caused that?  I changed out the door gasket this spring, made sure I had a good groove showing where the door pressed against against it.  With temps expected to reach -25 to -30 this weekend, I need that thing operating flawlessly.  I know there is a micro switch against which the door presses to indicate to the controller that the door is closed, perhaps it's going south (and, not a bad idea) on me.  Once again, thanks for your help.  Roger 
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

smithbr

• OWF Model: E-Classic 1450
    • View Profile
Re: D.O. on E-Classic 1400 this morning
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2018, 06:21:23 AM »

Roger
Switch, quite possibly.  On my 1450, the switch lever arm sticks out like a sore thumb when the door is open.  Might you have snagged it and bent it yesterday, making it's door sensing marginal?  Also, could be loose wire connecting to switch (suspect this, as hitting the unit transmits a shock through).  Less likely, loose wire in a screw terminal or connector more remote from the door.

Blair

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2018, 05:43:45 PM »

Roger
Switch, quite possibly.  On my 1450, the switch lever arm sticks out like a sore thumb when the door is open.  Might you have snagged it and bent it yesterday, making it's door sensing marginal?  Also, could be loose wire connecting to switch (suspect this, as hitting the unit transmits a shock through).  Less likely, loose wire in a screw terminal or connector more remote from the door.

Blair

Bliar - I just got home from working late at work and I had planned to remove the switch to see what happened.  But, I haven't had dinner yet and I'm starved.  We're expecting a serious snow storm tomorrow but I'm hopeful that I'll have time to make an adjustment to the switch arm.  I hope it's a simple matter of taking a pair of pliers and altering the end of the arm so it makes better contact with the door.  Worse case scenario, I'll have to replace it.  Time will tell.  In the interim, I plan on making sure the door is solidly closed when I'm done servicing the OWB.  Now, to get a bite a to eat and doze a bit before going to bed. :)  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire

smithbr

• OWF Model: E-Classic 1450
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 07, 2018, 05:36:00 PM »

Roger
Any luck with this?

Roger2561

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 08, 2018, 03:18:00 AM »

Roger
Any luck with this?

I haven't had time to make any adjustments but it hasn't given me any trouble since my first post.  I still want to swap it out for a new one so maybe I'll take a trip to my dealer on Saturday morning to pick it up.  It looks like it'll be a simple swap.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
New Hampshire