Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: March 21, 2019, 08:40:48 AM 
Started by ralphxj - Last post by mlappin
Is there a universal script language or is it specific to the system? I read through the x410 manual on making a script, but can't really make heads or tails of it. The commands seem to make sense, but the format is confusing.

Well of course not, the X-410 is slightly different than the X-300. Pretty much like Basic but no line numbers and the Control By Web devices have commands specific to them.

on: March 20, 2019, 10:16:36 PM 
Started by mlappin - Last post by mlappin
Played with the Raspberry Piís for a bit, but Iíve found the Control By Web stuff while spendy to work VERY well. Havenít had to reboot one yet and their Mobile App also works very well.

SO far have a X-300 in the shop monitoring temps and have wrote a script to control the pump between the waste oil boiler (storage of 450 gallons) and the G200. I had a Tekmar differential controller doing that and it took a dump, the X-300 cost less than the Tekmar and can do so much more.

It has three built in SPDT relays, one is controlling the pump on the storage, the second I can turn on all the heat in the shop remotely and the third Iím going to write another scrip or maybe use the built in logic functions to control the ceiling fans in the shop.

I ran a single run of of ethernet cable for all the sensors and SSR in the shop. You must use a SSR, a standard relay when it shuts off the collapsing magnetic field in the coil will create a voltage spike then the X-300 will drop sensors. Sometimes it picks em back up and sometimes needed restarted. Since SSRís (solid state relays) have no coils, no voltage spike when they shut off. I simply bought the ones with a 3-32VDC input and used the same power supply thats powering the X-300 to power the SSRís then simply wired them in to bypass each thermostat in the shop. Press a button in the app and all the heaters start, when it hits 60F they shut off, drops to 59 they restart.

Also running a X-400 with a X13 companion module to read a stack thermocouple and a reaction chamber thermocouple. Have a X-410 in the basement, can start the snow melt remotely and if the temps drop low enough on the supply from the G200 it kicks a relay in to start the furnace secondary loop pump so the furnace can back feed heat to the boiler.

X-300 by Marty Lappin, on Flickr

on: March 20, 2019, 09:44:53 PM 
Started by ralphxj - Last post by greasemonkoid
Is there a universal script language or is it specific to the system? I read through the x410 manual on making a script, but can't really make heads or tails of it. The commands seem to make sense, but the format is confusing.

on: March 20, 2019, 09:13:23 PM 
Started by Roger2561 - Last post by mlappin
wreckit - LOL - The first complaint we got from our neighbors who moved from NYC was, there are no street lights.  I told them, yes, there are, you're looking in the wrong place.  Now they thought I had 2 heads on my shoulders.  I told them to meet me outside at 10:00pm.  It was a nice summer evening, not a cloud in the sky and warm, so I brought a couple of beers with me.  They asked where the lights were I told them about?  I told them to look up - they had never seen such bright stars.  I stayed with them for about an hour chatting about whatever it was before I went home to go to bed.  I doubt they made it to bed.  They were genuinely awestruck.

Hahaha awesome! I have a cousin who lives in Jersey. Actually all 3 of my uncle's children relocated to NYC or Jersey. The oldest one has a son maybe 4, last year he finally came home for Christmas and the little fella's head almost exploded when he saw a tree in Grandma's front yard. Poor kid went the first several years of his life and had never seen grass or a tree. Actually screamed bloody murder after seeing me, which was later explained that he'd never seen a beard before. I was quite convinced I was just that ugly but papa was adamant that it was the beard lol. I don't see how one could live that way

My Dads best friend got married and moved to Alaska, several years passed and they came for a visit with there three year old, his Dad plopped him down in the grass and the kid screamed bloody murder like you plopped him on a hot grill or something. No grass up there in their part.

on: March 20, 2019, 09:03:54 PM 
Started by ralphxj - Last post by mlappin
I saw that was an option in the manual. Pretty slick, but with the existing logic software (is it called software?) there didn't seem to be a need to make my own, which would have been an entire can of worms to sort through having never dabbled in logic scripts.

The sky is the limit whit these units, although it would be handy if an output could be triggered depending on an input sensor's temperature gradient, ie. too long for boiler temp to ramp up would disable a HX pump or boiler temp drop too rapid would trigger an early call for heat.

I'm not sure how I feel about letting one of these things do the actual controlling of whether the house and water are warm though, would have to have overrides.

That could be done although Iíve not played with any of the delay functions that can be used in scrips.

on: March 20, 2019, 09:01:28 PM 
Started by MD20/20 - Last post by mlappin
Depending on what your using to monitor with might just be easier to plug it into a repeater or wireless access point and use wifi.

on: March 20, 2019, 08:59:54 PM 
Started by mlappin - Last post by mlappin
This topic has been moved to General DIY remodeling without Hydronics.

http://outdoorwoodfurnaceinfo.com/forum/index.php?topic=9841.0

on: March 20, 2019, 06:06:04 PM 
Started by Roger2561 - Last post by hoardac
At least if someone barges in they wont see you pooping right away. :D

on: March 20, 2019, 05:13:48 PM 
Started by Roger2561 - Last post by RSI
I thought about doing a half wall but seems like that would make the room seem much smaller.
I was looking at those hinge stoppers but seems like that would  put a lot of stress on the hinges. I will have a solid core door on it but it is just particle board with veneer on it so not sure how strong  they are.

on: March 20, 2019, 03:34:35 PM 
Started by Roger2561 - Last post by Pointblank
I think you'll be alright doing it like your sketch .  They have door stops that go on the hinge if you want to avoid mounting one on the floor. They work best with a solid core door however, as ive seen them get pushed through a hollow core veneer type door.

You could also build a small 1\2 wall behind the door to seperate it from the toilet if room permits

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10