Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
 on: Today at 11:27:48 AM 
Started by d5knapp - Last post by NaturallyAspirated
Looks good!

:thumbup:

on: Today at 09:14:14 AM 
Started by greasemonkoid - Last post by greasemonkoid
A 26-99 Grundfos is the only current consuming part of our system. The magnets in the copper tube are permanent.

That 1000 hp boiler is (was) one of the local clients, there were more papers of others in the packet. The dissolved O2 was suppose to vent through the top of the conditioner unit. I'm not a boiler expert, but as far as I know the makeup tank must be vented to atmosphere. Condensate (aka lazy steam) returns to the tank, mixed with fresh water, and must be pumped back into the boiler. Many systems are not completely closed and have open steam injection nozzles. All of them - closed or open type system must still be blown down on it's specific schedule, chemical or not.

Only time will tell if it protects the boilers as well as chemicals.

on: Today at 06:47:43 AM 
Started by greasemonkoid - Last post by BoilerHouse
Thanks for posting.
Does the Fluidyne unit use energy besides the circulating pump.  It looks like the magnets are permanent and not electric.   
I believe I interpret that your make up tank had a steam injection.  This sounds to me like it is used as a de-aerator, essentially pre-heating the water which will also vent off dissolved oxygen. 
I found it interesting that the Fluidyne system discussed it's ability to precipitate hardness scale.  It specifically mentioned calcium carbonate.  It didn't say what happened to the "solid white crystal", although it sounds like it would pass into the boiler, not settle on tubes and form a hard scale, but be removed with the blowdown. 
I have to question some of the stats presented by Fluidyne.  Your boiler produces about 30,000 lbs of steam per hour, making it a smaller industrial boiler, but still a decent size.  Pre Fluidyne, the blowdown was 50% and the chemical usage was 200 lbs per day.  If this is accurate, both of these are insanely high, although perhaps possible if the system uses a very high percentage of make up water.  Post Fluidyne, the blowdown was 4%, which is normal even with chemical use.  It does not state weather you currently use any chemicals, although, I am assuming not.

I am one of those sceptics - basically a chemical guy, although I never sold them, however I used them and it is all I understand.  However, always willing to learn something new.  You say the boiler is very clean upon inspection with no scale or rusting.  This is the proof of the pudding.  However for me, I will stick with what I know. LOL.

on: September 22, 2018, 09:42:41 PM 
Started by RSI - Last post by nd guy
Pm you.

on: September 22, 2018, 06:35:06 PM 
Started by DBeleskey - Last post by mlappin
I filled one one when it was about -20F. I had both the supply and return valves open and the water froze when it got to the cold pump. I should have closed the return valve so the water was flowing fast enough to warm the pump and then switched to the return to make sure that warmed up too. It filled fine and everything looked good but no water would flow. Took the pump apart and it was solid ice.
Nothing else was a problem. After heating up the pump, it was fine.

LOL that sucks.

I finished one last year about the 28th pf December. House had been up and running for awhile. Kid had the heat exchanger unit form his grandpa’s wood working shop. He said everything was drained when his grandfather quit using the old Woodmaster. Might have been drained but was full of mud. Took forever to figure out why it wouldn’t prime, finally got the mud flushed out only to find it leaked. Took the lines off at the manifold, stuck a coupler in them and just left the pump run on low a few days until we got a new coil.

on: September 22, 2018, 06:31:04 PM 
Started by Farmer Rob - Last post by mlappin
Fingers crossed...time is closing in on me.

Yea verily.

Got down to 47 here the other night, opened all the windows and shut the AC down for the year.

on: September 22, 2018, 06:29:25 PM 
Started by DBeleskey - Last post by mlappin
I will look again but usually with the shipping charges, exchange rate and brokerage fees the cost to get the item here is more than the actual cost of the item.
Like I said, I will look around again.
Thanks

Out of curiosity, how does that work exactly? Do the brokerage fees only apply to items over a certain amount?

I bought some Pyrex site glasses when I made my own view ports for the secondary combustion chambers, came out to roughly 4 bucks apiece from Pegasus Glass in Canada, don’t recall the shipping being excessive.

on: September 22, 2018, 03:55:30 AM 
Started by Jon_E - Last post by E Yoder
Yes, I hadn't noticed the difference in length before. Good to know.

on: September 21, 2018, 06:07:26 PM 
Started by Jon_E - Last post by hoardac
What did you do to fix the motor being longer. I have the same one from zoro on the shelf of just in case parts. If there is something I could do to get it ready beforehand would be interested to know.

on: September 21, 2018, 08:59:04 AM 
Started by DBeleskey - Last post by DBeleskey
I will look again but usually with the shipping charges, exchange rate and brokerage fees the cost to get the item here is more than the actual cost of the item.
Like I said, I will look around again.
Thanks 

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10