Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: CB CL5036 display  (Read 1906 times)

MTJAG

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: CL5036
  • CB 5036, Husky 450, Montana 2740 4WD,100% off grid
    • View Profile
CB CL5036 display
« on: November 14, 2017, 09:39:46 AM »

I have a Central Boiler 5036 that has a dot in the display.  So, last night I loaded it up and there were coals in there before I closed the door.  The temp reading at the time was 177.  This morning I go out and the solenoid is open and drafting, but when I open the door, there was never a fire from last night.  I looked at the display and it is reading 1.12 (except the dot is at the top of the display).  I turned everything off and restarted and the dot is still in the display and the solenoid opened again.  I started a fire in it and it is currently burning with the display now showing 1.49 or 149 degrees.  Wondering if anyone else has had this problem and what is the issue with the dot in the display.
Thanks,
"a man is no fool to give up what he can not keep to gain what he can not lose"

boilerman

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: E2400 Currently CL5648 Previously
    • View Profile
Re: CB CL5036 display
« Reply #1 on: November 17, 2017, 06:21:06 PM »

The dot in the temperature is not a problem, it is simply the way it works. You will see it illuminated in the water temperature readout any time the controller is sending power to the solenoid, that opens the damper in the door allowing air into the firebox to create a burn cycle. If your water set point is 185F it will open the damper at 175F and stay open until water temp reaches 185F and will then close until water temp drops to 175F again.