Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Particle filter in OWB circuit before heat exchanger  (Read 3322 times)

coonsrich@yahoo.com

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WoodDoctor
  • OWF Model: BP 8000
    • View Profile
Particle filter in OWB circuit before heat exchanger
« on: November 09, 2017, 09:07:30 AM »

Anyone ever hear of a particle filter in the pex line betreen stove and heat exchanger?  I saw it recommended for Hawken.

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
Re: Particle filter in OWB circuit before heat exchanger
« Reply #1 on: November 09, 2017, 05:14:39 PM »

i have one on my return line after the heat exchangers....works great....3rd year np issues

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 09, 2017, 08:10:22 PM »

A customer of mine has a big ol' inline domestic water type filter in his supply line right after it enters the house. Says he changes the filter once a year and it's usually pretty gross, which I definitely believe. He's running domestic, 3 loops of radiant, and an air to water exchanger in the plenum off a Heatmor 200. One of these next days here I'm going to separate his radiant with a plate exchanger and mixing valve because his return water is <100 degrees from 180 due to the radiant and his A/W coil is near useless. I did dump a little water the other day into a bottle and it's crystal clear though, I was surprised that filter would take 180 degree water but it does a darn nice job.

Before anyone says it, I replaced his old homemade underground with Rehau foam filled 3 years ago and upped his pump size. That radiant just sucks the life out of the water.

hoardac

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster G-200
  • OWF Model: Formerly Wooddoctor
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: November 11, 2017, 06:16:11 AM »

I have a y strainer before my heat exchanger on boiler and radiant side. I clean them every fall, they have stopped a few globs of crap from getting into my heat exchanger.

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 13, 2017, 11:18:55 AM »

I have a Rusco 1 1/4 spin down hot water filter. works great here is a link....they make them in 3/4 1 1/4 and 1 1/2 I believe:

https://www.water-softeners-filters.com/rusco-1-1-4-30ht-f-1-1-4-hot-water-flush-filter.php?gclid=EAIaIQobChMIy6PBxJS81wIVyLjACh2rwQMLEAQYBCABEgJXOvD_BwE