Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: The novelty of filling the boiler wears off for me mid Feburary  (Read 5545 times)

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
Re: The novelty of filling the boiler wears off for me mid Feburary
« Reply #15 on: January 27, 2019, 04:13:16 AM »

I like the whining about burning wood . Because you can make wood burning as cheap as you want . Depends on your wood hoarding skills..
It really boils down to the person you a coucher or a outside doer. It's that easy . Burning wood my whole life . Some years wood is free. Some years you pay more .  But across years of burning . I would of saved about $500-$3000 a year . When you buy a gas furnace those options are out the window you are locked in just don't forget there is a $3000 furnce that needs attention also.  Service calls need to added to the gas bill . And monthly service charges on meter to your house. Ooo the details . 😎👍

wreckit87

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 27, 2019, 02:23:08 PM »

I like the whining about burning wood . Because you can make wood burning as cheap as you want . Depends on your wood hoarding skills..
It really boils down to the person you a coucher or a outside doer. It's that easy . Burning wood my whole life . Some years wood is free. Some years you pay more .  But across years of burning . I would of saved about $500-$3000 a year . When you buy a gas furnace those options are out the window you are locked in just don't forget there is a $3000 furnce that needs attention also.  Service calls need to added to the gas bill . And monthly service charges on meter to your house. Ooo the details . 😎👍

I do feel obligated to point out that a typical gas furnace is no more than $800 and maintenance/service is decades apart, so there's that. And the monthly charges are there regardless unless you don't want backup which is entirely silly in my opinion.

braveblaster

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 7500
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 27, 2019, 04:47:07 PM »

It really boils down to the person you a coucher or a outside doer. It's that easy . Burning wood my whole life . Some years wood is free. Some years you pay more .  But across years of burning . I would of saved about $500-$3000 a year .  . 😎👍

I've never pay for wood. Way much to be had for free around my area.
Pages: 1 [2]