Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10
 on: February 13, 2023, 09:01:10 AM 
Started by zimmer988 - Last post by zimmer988
I finally got this boiler installed and have it heating my house and a 45x60 shop with floor heat.  It works great!
https://photos.app.goo.gl/YY3SUF3RA7HLLSeeA

on: January 27, 2023, 08:03:13 PM 
Started by Super44 - Last post by Super44
Burning a fair amount of iron wood this winter.  If dry it burns very nice. :)

on: December 31, 2022, 08:39:38 AM 
Started by greendohn - Last post by greendohn
My 4400 has temp reading of 16F and bouncing around as high as 40f
Won't cycle the blower
Set Temp 160F
Restart the blower and it stops at 117F or wherever it wants
Will not recycle
Stove goes cold

on: December 18, 2022, 08:04:48 AM 
Started by Billaban - Last post by Billaban
Greetings.

I have a Central CL4436 which I inherited when we bought the property 7 years ago or so.  Had to replace the pump once and rigged a wireless thermostat controller for the pump but otherwise no issues.  We use it for several months a year here in southern VA.  This year there appears to be problem, i.e., I can't rely on the damper opening when the water temp drops.  The damper will open when I open the door to the control panel but typically will shut again when I close the control panel door.  This morning the fire was practically out and after I played with the control panel door (opening/closing) the damper door stayed open. 

My presumption is that there isn't a problem with the damper door but with the electronics controlling the damper door.  I suspect this will be an expensive fix but I have never dismantled this part of the system.  Perhaps this is best left to a service provider?

Comments or suggestions?

Thanks.

on: December 06, 2022, 03:40:58 AM 
Started by Idahojonesboy - Last post by Idahojonesboy
Hi all,

I have a Woodmaster LT90. I went to fire it up this season and the front panel said fuse. Everything was working fine, then the bottom blower kicked on and would stop. I turned off the fan then went to turn it on and the stove trips. It seems to run fine when I start it cold but when it starts to heat up it trips. Where are the fuses located on a Woodmaster? I’m also replacing the snap disc hoping that might be my problem. Any help is appreciated.

on: November 14, 2022, 09:31:29 AM 
Started by DBeleskey - Last post by RSI
https://www.woodboilersolutions.com/canada.cfm

on: November 06, 2022, 12:28:37 PM 
Started by DBeleskey - Last post by DBeleskey
I have a Polar G2 and when I purchased it there was a gallon of Treatment Solution 101G2 included with it. I have been using it since but it is getting very had to find here in Ontario Canada. Just wondering if anyone has used this stuff and if there is anything better that I could use. And, if changing chemicals is a big issue. Do I need to flush the system or can they be mixed ?
I am not sure about the whole mixing of chemicals thing :-\

on: November 03, 2022, 02:57:20 PM 
Started by MarkP - Last post by OTR
I've thought about doing something similar myself, but never gotten around to it.

I've read reports of being able to store massive amounts of heat this way, with people burning their boiler once every few days to heat their tanks, then using the heat from the tanks after that. I'm a little skeptical of their performance reports, and I'd think not running the boiler for a couple of days could be a problem unless you've got the boiler water loaded up with antifreeze... but I've never tried it, so I don't know anything for certain.

on: October 28, 2022, 12:30:34 PM 
Started by Bourboncask - Last post by Bourboncask
Well, I tried it.  It did seem to help on the really dried out stuff, but didn't do much with the corners that had build up because it was still "gooey" under the top.  Where it did help was on removable blower tubes.  It cleaned them up good.  I doubt I'll use it again, it wasn't worth it in the end.  I probably over do it cleaning the fire box out, but I figure the more I can get off now while it's still a young boiler, the less build up I'll have over time.

on: October 28, 2022, 07:38:47 AM 
Started by MarkP - Last post by MarkP
I'm using a homemade boiler and this is year #5 with it.  All steel, and I'm heating my 1000 sq ft garage with 10' ceilings, and a 1680 sq ft house.  Both structures are well insulated.  I built both around 2003-4.  The boiler is 180 gallons, and uses 3+ cord to heat the garage from mid October to May 1.  I'm very pleased with it, and it produces almost no smoke at all.  In the last 2 years, I've added the house to the boiler.  How much can adding 50-100 gallons of capacity help?  I'm thinking adding a tank in my crawlspace, and insulating it very well.  My last stove was 340 gallons, and it seemed to work so much better with less wood. I know there can be other issues, but capacity was the first thing that comes to mind.  As of today, I have the temperature set point at 145 with a 15 degree differential.  I increase the temperature as the ambient temperature drops over the winter.

Thoughts???

Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 ... 10