Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Broeder 3 Speed Circulating Pump  (Read 18103 times)

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
Re: Broeder 3 Speed Circulating Pump
« Reply #30 on: March 04, 2013, 07:56:53 PM »

Have you checked how much power the pump is actually using? Those Broeder pumps seem to vary quite a bit.
Some of them last a long time too. I think they are just can't tolerate certain stuff in the water. If your power usage isn't too bad it might be worth just keeping it and see how long it lasts. Then when it/if  it dies you can probably just replace the cartridge and get a replacement at that time.

If you don't already have a watt meter, they are only around $20 for a kill-a-watt. 

Drivebymashing

• OWF Brand: Earth Outdoor
  • OWF Model: 305 Bear Cub
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2013, 08:01:07 PM »

I have a killawatt monitor it shows 240ish at the highest speed really not much change on the middle speed like 218 i think and 180 ish on low and its bearly moving water at the lowest speed.
Husqvarna 445
Husqvarna 262xp
Husqvarna 55
2004 Corvette Z06
1971 Deuce and a half 10x10

Guru

• View Profile
    • Mike's Advanced Heating
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2013, 10:56:01 AM »

You must also keep in mind the circulation in the boiler itself!  I have actually heard the water boiling in the water jacket due to not enough circulation.
Mike
Nature's Comfort Territory Manager
Caro MI
http://www.mikesadvancedheating.com/

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2013, 10:57:56 AM »

You must also keep in mind the circulation in the boiler itself!  I have actually heard the water boiling in the water jacket due to not enough circulation.

That's true but the pump is only part of that equation.  Return/supply placement and overall design are very important as well.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

MD20/20

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: 325G
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2013, 08:14:12 PM »

I have the Broeder 39-20 supporting a 500 ft. loop(250ft. each way) of 1inch pex.  No 90's and a 80 plate HE.  I've spoken with Scott about this and he feels it's insufficient, but when i look at the graphs it seems to fall w/in the parameters.  Anyone have any thoughts. Thx.

Central MD

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2013, 08:52:04 PM »

I have the Broeder 39-20 supporting a 500 ft. loop(250ft. each way) of 1inch pex.  No 90's and a 80 plate HE.  I've spoken with Scott about this and he feels it's insufficient, but when i look at the graphs it seems to fall w/in the parameters.  Anyone have any thoughts. Thx.

I feel it's not big enough though because of the big difference in your supply and return temps, have to remember there is a huge heat load on this house as I believe it's over 7200 square feet
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

victor6deep

• OWF Brand: Burnrite
  • OWF Model: 228
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2013, 09:09:49 PM »

Sir, you should've bought the logburner. :bash:

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #37 on: March 06, 2013, 09:25:06 PM »

If it is heating the house fine and the only problem is low return temp, I would just put in a mixing loop at the boiler.
Just use the spare port on the boiler for another building (add a tee if it is already used)
Put small pump (15-58 or 007) on it.
For the return, since it is a single point for multiple connections, put a section of 1.25" iron pipe with a tee on it for the existing return and the return from the new pump.

This pump could be connected to a strap on aquastat so it only runs when the house is drawing a lot of heat. I would also either wire it to the blower on the boiler or put in a sensor on the chimney that turns it on. This should circulate much better to give better heat transfer and possibly use a little less wood.

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #38 on: March 06, 2013, 09:31:38 PM »

If it is heating the house fine and the only problem is low return temp, I would just put in a mixing loop at the boiler.
Just use the spare port on the boiler for another building (add a tee if it is already used)
Put small pump (15-58 or 007) on it.
For the return, since it is a single point for multiple connections, put a section of 1.25" iron pipe with a tee on it for the existing return and the return from the new pump.

This pump could be connected to a strap on aquastat so it only runs when the house is drawing a lot of heat. I would also either wire it to the blower on the boiler or put in a sensor on the chimney that turns it on. This should circulate much better to give better heat transfer and possibly use a little less wood.

Sounds good to me, definitely a unique and effective approach
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697
Pages: 1 2 [3]