Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: stove rusted out around pipe and inspection plate  (Read 4744 times)

horse62049

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
stove rusted out around pipe and inspection plate
« on: January 16, 2013, 03:44:04 PM »

My stove is 4 years old noticed i was using olot of water out of stove thought i had a leak could not find one so i took insulation of the top to look inside the water jacket threw the inspection plate and all around the pipe and half the the plate was rusted out the pipe the only part holding the pipe is where it is welded going threw the water tank into thebarrel where the wood goes i dont know why it did it i keep the pipe caulked around pipe and made a flanch that covers the pipe so water dont come in there any ideas no water leaks yet but would this cause me to lose alot of water by steam coming out of that big area dont make since this isnt even in the water and the insection plate was sealed with caulk just going on fourth winter of burn. shaver did say take some pics send them and they would replace stove just need pics for proof said just for record so see what happens. any info on this anyone

gandgracing

• View Profile
Re: stove rusted out around pipe and inspection plate
« Reply #1 on: January 16, 2013, 07:53:02 PM »

Good luck getting any help from those idiots. My stove rusted out as well. I had the bottom and top replaced by a local welder. Cost me about $900. If  that inspection plate is not sealed really well you are gonna leak out a lot of steam and loose water. When I had the top replaced I had him do away with that plate so it's all solid.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 16, 2013, 07:53:52 PM »

Yea I'd say just hold on to your hind end
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Jason37756

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2013, 08:22:10 PM »

Agreed...shaver warranty is a hoax....better chance of seeing Bigfoot.

Steinacher Sales

• OWF Brand: Shaver Outdoor Wood Furnace Dealer
  • OWF Model: Shaver Pro Series 165 (Phone: 618-401-0726)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2013, 09:18:12 PM »

You must use a boiler treatment for the warranty to be good. The install manual says the warranty is void if the treatment is not used. If the treatment is used as it should be and there is a rust problem. Shaver will replace or repair the furnace. You must show proof of purchase of the treatment and the water analysis from your water test for the treatment. They also need pictures of the problem. They will then move forward on the replacement or repair.
It is sad to say, but a lot of customers to not treat their furnaces. This is very important! Please read the manuals on any furnace

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 29, 2013, 02:07:23 PM »

Did you contact your dealer????   
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

rugerman

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 30, 2013, 10:09:16 AM »

I bet if you tried to contact you wont get a answer

Jason37756

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 16, 2013, 07:50:05 PM »

Did you contact your dealer????

Yes I contacted the dealer...we both spoke to shaver and nothing happened. The bottom line is shaver does not want to repair their problems and will use many excuses to get out of the repair. I treated my water to the very letter, checked it weekly, and had it checked yearly by a local water treatment facility. The problems was not the metal it was a faulty weld on the unit. 3/8 of an inch opening that was insufficiently welded...I fixed it right.

Buyer beware.