Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Sequoyah Paradise E3400 Solenoid Issue Revisited  (Read 3098 times)

Briyon

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Sequoyah E3400
  • OWF Model: E3400
    • View Profile
Sequoyah Paradise E3400 Solenoid Issue Revisited
« on: November 03, 2012, 07:46:30 AM »

I notice some older posts where people have had solenoid issues on the E3400.  I have an E3400 that I bought about 5 years ago.  It had the earlier version of the blower mechanism.  Before the company was sold I told the old owner (can't remember his name" that I was having issues with the blower door (not the solenoid).  He sent me an updated version of the entire assembly.  Yesterday I was in the back cleaning up and I notice that my problem with the old blower door was continuing.  So I decided to add the new mechanism.  That is when the solenoid (which was included) failed.  I then decided to take the solenoid off the old mechanism and try it.  It was a bigger solenoid so I had to attach it in a different way then the now failed solenoid was attached.  This one two failed. 

Has anyone come up with a viable solution for this problem?  Is there a fix out there that is long term and reliable?

Any help is greatly appreciated.  I will try to attach pictures of both mechanisms.

Thanks, Brian

Briyon

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Sequoyah Paradise E3400 Solenoid Issue Revisited
« Reply #1 on: November 03, 2012, 08:53:55 AM »

Attaching two photos for my post above.  The New Mechanism has the solenoid removed.  It is a Dormeyer 2005-M-1.  The old mechanism has a bigger and beefier solenoid but I can't read anything on it.

[attachment deleted by admin]

Briyon

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 03, 2012, 12:42:51 PM »

Had to reduce the size of the "New Mechanism" photo and post it in a separate post.  The solenoid is missing but it is the Dormeyer 2005-M-1

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]

shoehorny

• OWF Brand: SP E3400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2014, 06:57:03 AM »

The solenoid most likely failed because it was trying to open the door to the blower vent that is stuck shut due to creosote.  This has happened to many people, many times before and it is the reason my the company came up with a revised duct solution.  The company is long out of business, so you will need to fix the problem on your own.

I have had this problem and I solved it by adding extra duct work and moving the trap door and fan upward and way far away from where the flame can lick at it.  I got all of the galvanized duct materials at Lowes.  I modified it to fit on my system.  I am going on two years with the same solenoid. 

Good luck!