Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Ash Pan Latch Broke  (Read 4486 times)

gandgracing

• View Profile
Ash Pan Latch Broke
« on: April 30, 2013, 06:07:06 AM »

Stove has been workin good all Winter but went out Sunday to find water all over the concrete.  I thought for sure it had sprung another leak but come to find out it boiled over due to the latch thats welded to the stove had broke off.  Lasted 3 years.  And you can tell where they tried to weld it and kind of missed the part that needed welded.

Steinacher Sales

• OWF Brand: Shaver Outdoor Wood Furnace Dealer
  • OWF Model: Shaver Pro Series 165 (Phone: 618-401-0726)
    • View Profile
Re: Ash Pan Latch Broke
« Reply #1 on: September 25, 2013, 11:09:15 AM »

Did you report this to your Dealer?

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 25, 2013, 05:32:38 PM »

That sucks!!    :bash:
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

beeman

• OWF Brand: homemade
  • OWF Model: her name is HOT CHICK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 25, 2013, 07:58:59 PM »

will you be able to reweld
work like a bee  1970 mgb stihl 029

rugerman

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: September 26, 2013, 03:01:18 PM »

who is this stienacher sales  they say contact dealer  hell I have talked with factory and get nothing done  I bought mine from some ben guy  from the website in 08  now he is not in the same position now what ///  if you are a dealer maybe you can get something done for all the people on here  not real good publicity   you think

beeman

• OWF Brand: homemade
  • OWF Model: her name is HOT CHICK
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 26, 2013, 07:02:34 PM »

did it lose all the water if so did it trash your pump
work like a bee  1970 mgb stihl 029

gandgracing

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: September 27, 2013, 05:53:30 AM »

The ash pan latch breaking was a minoe issue compared to all the other things that have gone wrong.  It didn't loose the water this time.  Its about impossible to get any help from these guys.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #7 on: October 26, 2013, 06:46:20 AM »

who is this stienacher sales  they say contact dealer  hell I have talked with factory and get nothing done  I bought mine from some ben guy  from the website in 08  now he is not in the same position now what ///  if you are a dealer maybe you can get something done for all the people on here  not real good publicity   you think
  Well he seems to be the guy on here that is trying to help those that have a problem with those units, I give him credit for that, why not try to PM him and maybe he can do something for you, you have to give him a chance though, he did not make any money on your sale and is in no way responsible for your issues, but he does seem to care by his posts.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 26, 2013, 02:50:00 PM »

Well he seems to be the guy on here that is trying to help those that have a problem with those units, I give him credit for that, why not try to PM him and maybe he can do something for you, you have to give him a chance though, he did not make any money on your sale and is in no way responsible for your issues, but he does seem to care by his posts.

Yea at least he says did u contact your dealer, that's a lot more than I've seen from most shaver situations. 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

Steinacher Sales

• OWF Brand: Shaver Outdoor Wood Furnace Dealer
  • OWF Model: Shaver Pro Series 165 (Phone: 618-401-0726)
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 14, 2013, 11:55:11 PM »

Rugerman, This Ben guy every one keeps talking about is the Dealer coordinator. He is over the Dealers and also make sales on his own as a dealer. He lives in North Carolina. Everyone thinks he is at Weld Rite, but he's not.

He has the same position now as he did in 2008! Sounds like he was making excuses so he did not have to  help you! You did not talk to the factory if you spoke to Ben jumper, because there is not Ben there and never has been!

Check the area code if you don't believe me. I think 828 area code is Asheville, NC and Salem AR is 870!

Greg Steinacher