Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: So far....knock on wood.....  (Read 5440 times)

lugnut

• View Profile
So far....knock on wood.....
« on: May 04, 2013, 09:37:12 PM »

I've not had any issues with my shaver.  I opriginally had the 165, but it was a piece of crap and I told THE boss man so and they sent me a new one, but I had upgraded to the Pro serie3s 290 and I told them that I want my unit something that they woould be proud to have in their living room with their finisest dishes in it.

I did receive the second one in a tmely fashion...and regarding the phone calls that have gone unanswered, depends what number you dialed.  I never had an issue, but then too I was never one to fool around with the shop foreman or person in the office pushing the pencils around...i have ALWAYS gone directly to the person in charge.

I did a number of mods on my Shaver, thanks in part to several before me who had done similar updates.  to this date I can honestly say that I have had no issues.  thought I was having a heat loss issue this past season and thought it was due to the pex lines, but the fact was the wood I was burning, that and the fact that I did not have the lines that ran into the house and to the basement wrapped with insulated foam.  this coming season I WILL be brung hardwood and will be able to bump up the t-stat to 189* vesus the 160* I did last season.

Regarding the draining of water at the end of the season and testing the water...NO and NO!!  I was told by Billy shaver that one does NOT have to drain the unit at the end of the season...besides after adding the "expensive" additive, why on earth would you do this...drain the system??  It IS recommended that every FIVE years you replenish the system with the rust inhibitor.  Alos, in the manual and according to Billy...we do NOT have to test the water.  Y'all might want to re-read the ENTIRE manual.

The ONLY issue I had with my shaver at the beginning of last season was the pump locked up on me...and this was through my OWN fault.  I did NOT run the pump every so oftenduring the summer and my well water locked it up.  This time around, I'm letting the pump run all summer long as it doesn't cost but pennies a day.

Lugnut

Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Shaver Pro series 250 - Installed 10/28/2011
Cub Cadet / Yanmar 2450  sub-compact tractor
Husquvarna 455 Rancher
1999 Ford F-150 4x4 w/207k miles

Jason37756

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
Re: So far....knock on wood.....
« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2013, 08:19:18 PM »

According to billy we have a warranty...long story short I fixed their fault weld myself when they ignored the issue...buyer beware.

[attachment deleted by admin for space issues]

rugerman

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 18, 2013, 11:55:36 AM »

how about posting billys number or email  maybe he will answer this year

Steinacher Sales

• OWF Brand: Shaver Outdoor Wood Furnace Dealer
  • OWF Model: Shaver Pro Series 165 (Phone: 618-401-0726)
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2013, 10:26:55 PM »

You do need to flush your systems, five years might be OK, but it needs done. They don't offer the expensive treatment any more because folks weren't using it. To expensive for the customer.
Now shaver recommends a traditional treatment where you do sample the water for PPM of nitrates. I used the Rust Blocker in my own furnace and I am flushing this spring and going to a traditional boiler treatment.

If you have a warranty problem tell your dealer!

Jason37756

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Shaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 16, 2013, 08:00:14 PM »

I have had numerous emails from folks asking for advice for their leaking and odor problems...seems a picture is worth a thousand words.

People please don't be fooled by the excitement of saving $$$$$ by using one of these units. Be prepared to work your can off splitting and gathering wood or buying it. Also be aware that you will most likely be repairing the leaks yourself. At least this is my experience.

I have to continually say that all attempts were made to take advantage of the warranty, also all chemicals, testing and maintenance for the unit were followed as recommended, but still leaked due to a faulty weld.

Think long and hard my friend...print my picture and hang it on the fridge...

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #5 on: November 17, 2013, 04:54:38 AM »

Hey Rugerman, check your PM's, I have contacted Stienacher sales to try and get you some help and he tells me that he has sent you 2 PM's, did you get them?
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 17, 2013, 08:05:42 AM »

I see this again and again. Very irate Shaver customers with little to no warranty support from the manufacturer. I think it is stand up of Steinacher to try to help out however he can. Unfortunately these people who have been slighted by Shaver's warranty are going to be very bitter for having to solve their own issues after doing everything right such as water tests and treatments. Steinacher, please don't get discouraged with trying to help, it will be hard to fix what Shaver did to past customers but hopefully you can help some people with future issues.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: November 17, 2013, 08:37:08 AM »

I've not had any issues with my shaver.  I opriginally had the 165, but it was a piece of crap and I told THE boss man so and they sent me a new one, but I had upgraded to the Pro serie3s 290 and I told them that I want my unit something that they woould be proud to have in their living room with their finisest dishes in it.

I did receive the second one in a tmely fashion...and regarding the phone calls that have gone unanswered, depends what number you dialed.  I never had an issue, but then too I was never one to fool around with the shop foreman or person in the office pushing the pencils around...i have ALWAYS gone directly to the person in charge.

I did a number of mods on my Shaver, thanks in part to several before me who had done similar updates.  to this date I can honestly say that I have had no issues.  thought I was having a heat loss issue this past season and thought it was due to the pex lines, but the fact was the wood I was burning, that and the fact that I did not have the lines that ran into the house and to the basement wrapped with insulated foam.  this coming season I WILL be brung hardwood and will be able to bump up the t-stat to 189* vesus the 160* I did last season.

Regarding the draining of water at the end of the season and testing the water...NO and NO!!  I was told by Billy shaver that one does NOT have to drain the unit at the end of the season...besides after adding the "expensive" additive, why on earth would you do this...drain the system??  It IS recommended that every FIVE years you replenish the system with the rust inhibitor.  Alos, in the manual and according to Billy...we do NOT have to test the water.  Y'all might want to re-read the ENTIRE manual.

The ONLY issue I had with my shaver at the beginning of last season was the pump locked up on me...and this was through my OWN fault.  I did NOT run the pump every so oftenduring the summer and my well water locked it up.  This time around, I'm letting the pump run all summer long as it doesn't cost but pennies a day.

Lugnut

The fact your pump locked is a sure sign your water treatment isnt working well.  I am not a believer that you have to run your pump from time to time through the summer, never have,  if there was no corrosion taking place what locked the punp
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

doow14

• OWF Brand: shaver
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: November 17, 2013, 08:39:20 AM »

well said honda
"Some People Don't Know, And The Problem Is They Don't Know That They Don't Know"

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #9 on: November 17, 2013, 04:14:42 PM »

Ditto Honda
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

lugnut

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: December 13, 2013, 10:09:24 AM »

Lugnut

The fact your pump locked is a sure sign your water treatment isn't working well.  I am not a believer that you have to run your pump from time to time through the summer, never have,  if there was no corrosion taking place what locked the punp

As I said it is the well water....I ran the pump ALL summer long this last time around and I've had no issues with the pump locking up.  You can believe what you want and after reading all the posts up to the thread so far, there should be a "whining section" on this site.  You have a dealer who seems to me (Greg S.) to have gone above and beyond to help out this guy called Rugerman, but all Rugerman could do is bitch bitch and more bitching.  I can see why many were getting upset at reading his posts.

I've had my Pro series 290 in operation now for 3 years and outside of the pump locking up on me, I've had no issues.  I DID take the pump apart and there were bits of sediment that had locked the pump.

I bought the Shaver because of the price.  The first unit I received was pure junk, but I got that resolved in a timely fashion, I had been talking ear-to-ear with a fellow by the name of Ray...but he quit the company due to family reasons...so I dealt directly with Billy...he is the sole proprietor of the company.  Sitting on this site bitching every other post isn't taking care of the issue at hand...one or two posts would have been sufficient, heck after just two posts I understood what you were going through...but you , Rugerman, didn't have to continue ad nauseum...

Regarding the pump issue ONE last time...even my heating guy who owns an OWF suggested running the pump/s occasionally off season to keep everything flowing.

Anyway, after reading all these posts, I'm  seeing that nothing has changed...ie: other manufacture dealers bad mouthing Shaver products.......if you don't like Shaver products, then don't come on this thread and bad mouth them.  The owners of the products are going through enough grief without your adding your 7 cents to the issue.

This is all I'm going to say on the subject...other wise I'll begin to read/sound like Rugerman.
Jerry
Greenleaf, Wisconsin
Shaver Pro series 250 - Installed 10/28/2011
Cub Cadet / Yanmar 2450  sub-compact tractor
Husquvarna 455 Rancher
1999 Ford F-150 4x4 w/207k miles