Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Anyone running an x300 for monitoring??  (Read 8599 times)

greasemonkoid

• OWF Model: NCB175
  • wnc mountains
    • View Profile
Re: Anyone running an x300 for monitoring??
« Reply #15 on: March 15, 2019, 01:52:35 PM »

I saw that was an option in the manual. Pretty slick, but with the existing logic software (is it called software?) there didn't seem to be a need to make my own, which would have been an entire can of worms to sort through having never dabbled in logic scripts.

The sky is the limit whit these units, although it would be handy if an output could be triggered depending on an input sensor's temperature gradient, ie. too long for boiler temp to ramp up would disable a HX pump or boiler temp drop too rapid would trigger an early call for heat.

I'm not sure how I feel about letting one of these things do the actual controlling of whether the house and water are warm though, would have to have overrides.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #16 on: March 15, 2019, 10:43:01 PM »

The existing logic functions really aren’t there for having it only control a relay if sensor 1 is over a minimum setpoint and over sensor 3.

My primary backup is controlled strictly by two Ranco’s and the clever use of single or double pole double throw relays.

The secondary backup for now is controlled by a Honeywell aquastat and a snap disc.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #17 on: March 20, 2019, 09:03:54 PM »

I saw that was an option in the manual. Pretty slick, but with the existing logic software (is it called software?) there didn't seem to be a need to make my own, which would have been an entire can of worms to sort through having never dabbled in logic scripts.

The sky is the limit whit these units, although it would be handy if an output could be triggered depending on an input sensor's temperature gradient, ie. too long for boiler temp to ramp up would disable a HX pump or boiler temp drop too rapid would trigger an early call for heat.

I'm not sure how I feel about letting one of these things do the actual controlling of whether the house and water are warm though, would have to have overrides.

That could be done although I’ve not played with any of the delay functions that can be used in scrips.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

greasemonkoid

• OWF Model: NCB175
  • wnc mountains
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 20, 2019, 09:44:53 PM »

Is there a universal script language or is it specific to the system? I read through the x410 manual on making a script, but can't really make heads or tails of it. The commands seem to make sense, but the format is confusing.

mlappin

• Global Moderator
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2019, 08:40:48 AM »

Is there a universal script language or is it specific to the system? I read through the x410 manual on making a script, but can't really make heads or tails of it. The commands seem to make sense, but the format is confusing.

Well of course not, the X-410 is slightly different than the X-300. Pretty much like Basic but no line numbers and the Control By Web devices have commands specific to them.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120

Pages: 1 [2]