Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Took a look at a HeatMaster SS today....  (Read 22592 times)

mcarter

• OWF Brand: HeatMasterSS
  • OWF Model: MF5000e
    • View Profile
Re: Took a look at a HeatMaster SS today....
« Reply #15 on: October 23, 2011, 12:43:38 PM »

Pine = sap = creosote.  Even dry/seasoned jack pine.
HeatMasterSS MF5000E by Yoder Heating
MS 460 Stihl Magnum
Husqvarna 345
8lb Wood Splitter with 'High Performance' Fiberglass Handle
5 acres

Smakman

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: January 21, 2012, 08:45:25 PM »

From the research I have done, it sounds like the gasifier is more efficient and uses less wood.  The local Heatmaster dealer says he can install one of the SS models for $7000.....that's everything, labor included.  Sounds kind of cheap to me and I know you usually get what you pay for......

Well, I called them again to see if they also sell the G models.  They will, but he steered me away from them saying the regular SS model is a much better deal for the money.....which is NOW $9400.  Up $2400 in 11 months?  I don't think so.  I asked how much it would save me if I put in my own line and slab.  $350.  Yeah, I think I will look around for another dealer.

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 21, 2012, 08:48:45 PM »

I've burned almost every model Heat Master makes and I believe that the e models are the way to go. I really could find little difference between an e model and a g model in wood consumption and the standard furnaces are much easier to operate.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

Smakman

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 21, 2012, 09:46:30 PM »

He tried to steer me away from the e models too.  I got the idea that he only wants to install one stove and anything that deviates from that he will try to move you away from.  Plus I have found other brands that seem to be every bit as good in quality that are a couple thousand less.

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: January 22, 2012, 08:17:15 AM »

He tried to steer me away from the e models too.  I got the idea that he only wants to install one stove and anything that deviates from that he will try to move you away from.  Plus I have found other brands that seem to be every bit as good in quality that are a couple thousand less.

What are you pricing?  Can you elaborate on what your comparing them to? 
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #20 on: January 22, 2012, 08:28:11 AM »

If you are worried about wood consumption the e models are the way to go. If you want a basic furnace then the others do fine. I too would be interested in what other brands and prices you have found. As a dealer who can normally under price the competition in my area I find such things fascinating. For example Heat Master doesn't have a G model that lists at $9400.00  Not sure what model you looked at but either the dealer is over pricing the G200 or under pricing the G400.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

kybaseball

• OWF Model: MF10000E
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 22, 2012, 06:13:25 PM »

Well I am going to stand up for my dealer and installer. I have a Heatmaster MF10000E model and we love it. I read for months before I bought one and even went and looked a several in my area. They all have their ups and downs. The gentleman that installed mine went above and beyond to make sure we are happy with our purchase. He has been back to make sure everything is going great and has answered ever time that I call him with questions. The price I paid was in line with ever other OWB that I had looked at. I have an old farm house that has very little insulation in it. It is heating our house and heating our hot water and man the wife loves the hot water. My electric bill has dropped to a fourth of what is was. This is just my opinion on the matter.

Scott7m

• OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: January 22, 2012, 06:19:04 PM »

Hey baseball.  Glad to hear everything is going good for you!  Scrap that electric budget plan!  Won't be long til they'll be out checking your meter to see what happened lol
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

kybaseball

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: January 22, 2012, 08:29:03 PM »

Scott7m

« Reply #22 on: Today at 06:19:04 PM »
Hey baseball.  Glad to hear everything is going good for you!  Scrap that electric budget plan!  Won't be long til they'll be out checking your meter to see what happened lol

That is what I am hoping for. Might have to leave them a little note on the meter maybe saying "gone on vacation with all the money I am saving on the electric"

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 22, 2012, 10:52:46 PM »

Glad the furnace is working out well for you! Your testimony goes to prove what I tell folks all the time, the dealer is just as important as the brand of furnace. 
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

kybaseball

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 23, 2012, 06:37:12 AM »

That is so true. Dave Youder out of Harrodsburg Ky. He really has been there every time that I have had a question. Even after he installed the OWB and got it going we sat down at my kitchen table and he went over everything and back thur the bill changing a few things that made the bill go down a couple hundred dollars!!! Imaging that a honest dealer and then after a week he sent me a letter saying that a price of something had changed and even now saving $13.99. If that had been your average dealer you would have paid the bill and never would have know the difference. I am very pleased with my purchase of a Heatmaster anthe service that I have gotten.

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 23, 2012, 05:57:46 PM »

Very glad to hear this, there are still some honest people and great dealers out there.
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"
Pages: 1 [2]