Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: HeatMaster MF10000e  (Read 4172 times)

woodbutcher

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: MF10000e
    • View Profile
HeatMaster MF10000e
« on: July 07, 2015, 08:46:22 AM »

Maybe Slim can help with this. Dealer in my area told me he can't sell a conventional unit if it is not in stock. If he has to order it, it can only be for a business. Got a price on the MF10000e and for $9,300 he can order me one and say it is for a business. He is out of stock, he got 4 units in a couple of weeks ago and a guy came in and bought up all 4. Still thinking of replacing my old CB, going on 17 years now. I don't like the gassers, don't have a building to store the wood to keep it dry.

AirForcePOL

• OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
Re: HeatMaster MF10000e
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2015, 09:27:29 AM »

There are still some 10,000e's available out there.  I can get a hold of a few from my distributor.  Now, who knows what the fine will be if you purchase a furnace from a dealer after 31 December and tell them that it's for commercial use and get caught (if the EPA even inforces the laws).  As a dealer, that's not a game that I would want to play especially knowing that the end user isn't going to be using it for a commercial application. That puts both parties in a bad situation.   
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2015, 10:02:03 AM »

I do have some 10,000s that were in stock before the May 15 deadline, I'm not sure how many because I'm 3 1/2 hours from home, as I understand it any unit produced before the May 15 deadline is Ok to sell to residential customers, providing the local lass are adhered to. Shipping the unit could be a deal breaker with me but you could certainly try calling the office and they can tell you if a closer dealer has any stock left. I know the Yoder's have some at their place in Floyd VA.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

AirForcePOL

• OWF Model: G400
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2015, 10:11:01 AM »

Where are you located woodbutcher?  The way I understand the law, as long as the furnace was built and in the United States before 15 May it can be sold anyhwere until 31 December. 
Athens, Illinois
Dealer for HeatMaster SS
Stihl MS 290
Troy Bilt 27 ton splitter

shepherd boy

• OWF Model: C375
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2015, 11:58:39 AM »

We have two MF10000e left here in Floyd VA. Monterey,VA has one last I knew. By the way, we had one person checked by epa and they had a pre May 15 stove and were told they were legal. good to go, burn wood, let her smoke.
« Last Edit: July 07, 2015, 07:04:07 PM by shepherd boy »
Let the youngin's have it
 Gettin' old and lazy
 Lookin' for the next good fishing hole

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2015, 12:20:19 PM »

Good to see you posting Shepherd boy, if you need any more of them, let me know!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

woodbutcher

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2015, 07:57:11 PM »

Where are you located woodbutcher?  The way I understand the law, as long as the furnace was built and in the United States before 15 May it can be sold anyhwere until 31 December.
I'm located in Wis. about 50 miles north of Milwaukee. I can only tell you what the dealer told me, that is he is out of stock and would have to order the boiler and if it is ordered, it can only be sold for commercial use.

woodbutcher

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 31, 2015, 09:28:39 AM »

Dealer in my area found another dealer that is overstocked and is willing to sell my dealer which is closer to me for $9,050 for the MF10000e. He is trying to get another 2 customers to buy to save on shipping.

woodbutcher

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 04, 2015, 07:53:30 AM »

Just made the deal with the Heatmaster dealer on a MF10000e for $9,050 if I pick it up. Only a 28 mile drive. He has 2 other people buying and is giving us a deal because he is saving on shipping. I don't know where he is getting them from but he know about the EPA law and I don't think he would try to sell one illegibly.  I'm going to install next summer and run the old CB one more year. The dealer has a guy that buys old boilers and fixes them up and resells them. The dealer got $1600 for his old Taylor and will give me his number when I pick up the Heatmaster. Hope I can get close to that price for mine.

woodbutcher

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 07, 2015, 08:14:52 AM »

I'm still waiting on my dealer. I contacted him a week ago and he said there was a delay in the shipment, and it would be here in a week. Still waiting. I don't know where he is getting it from or if he is giving me the runaround. Dealer up north, about a 7 hour drive, has about 4 or 5 MF10000e on hand. I going to contact my dealer to see what is up.

woodbutcher

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 30, 2015, 09:57:16 AM »

Just picked up my Heatmaster 10000e on Friday. Dealer told me it was in the US at a dealer or warehouse up north in WI. He said it didn't have to be in the US before the 15th of May. Just had to be made before the 15th. I checked the date and it was made in April. I'll be installing it next summer, one more year with the CB. Dealer also said he would tell the company that I will not be using it until next fall and the warranty won't start until then. Looks like a big improvement over the old 17 year old CB. And I did get it for $9,050.