Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: O-250 Primary Firebox Brick Replacement?  (Read 2376 times)

James

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
O-250 Primary Firebox Brick Replacement?
« on: July 20, 2015, 03:05:17 PM »

Has anyone had the need to replace any of these primary firebox bricks yet?  The red circle is the space where two bricks used to be, but they fell in on my fire one day this winter so I just took 'em out.

Several of mine are broken right down the middle - probably about half of them actually.  They look like standard fire brick but they've got an angled edge cut off the top of each brick to make it taper - so not sure if you can buy them like that or if you have to cut the edge off each brick.

If you haven't seen karlk's nozzle - that's a brand new one I installed ("installed" is grossly overstated ... ;D ... I just dropped it in after breaking the old one out!) this spring after I shut-er-down for the season.  Highly recommended if yours is in need of replacement!

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: O-250 Primary Firebox Brick Replacement?
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 05:49:18 PM »

James, I have a few bricks down here if you need them, did that nozzle come directly from Karl or through the office, it does not look like Karls.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

coolidge

• View Profile
Re: O-250 Primary Firebox Brick Replacement?
« Reply #2 on: July 22, 2015, 06:17:14 PM »

Jim, how did your boiler run for you last winter?  Leave those brick out you don't need them.
Western Maine