Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: So that's what that does...  (Read 3149 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
So that's what that does...
« on: March 03, 2018, 05:01:58 PM »

So, around 4:00pm getting ready to go have dinner with one of my brothers.  I took a glance at the temp in my living room and it read 68 degrees, the stat is set for 70.  I go into the den to have a look at the water temp from the E-Classic 1400 and it's only 156 degrees F.  Dang it (well not really but I'm trying to keep it clean) so I change back into my grubby clothes to see what happened to the OWB.  I kind of figured the display would be flashing F. O., meaning fire out.  Nope!  Nothing!  The digital display is blank.  No power to the 1400 whatsoever!  It must be the fuse, I pull it and test it, it's okay; it must be the circuit breaker tripped, nope, not tripped.  What the HE double toothpicks is going on!  Then my stomach did a flip; I bet the controller died.  Before I cry in my beer, I decided to check the controller in the basement to see if it's something in there that's interrupted the flow of electrons.  Everything is dead!  Now, I know the circuit breaker hasn't tripped, and then I saw it.  My brother and I were re-routing a few electrical cables and in our haste to finish the job we must have accidently bumped the disconnect that kills all power to the entire heating system, including the OWB.  I flipped it and walla!, we have power!  Now, back out to the OWB to get the fire rekindled.  That was easy.  I used my flame thrower I use to get the brush fires started and in no time I had a nice roaring fire again.  Phew!  I feel better now.  Now I can enjoy dinner and not have to cry in my beer.  :)  Roger     
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
Re: So that's what that does...