Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: bl 28-40 front air chamber plugging  (Read 10254 times)

Joks79

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40 replaced ML-30
    • View Profile
bl 28-40 front air chamber plugging
« on: January 06, 2017, 10:34:13 AM »

I have trouble keeping the front air chamber clean. Does anyone have any tricks? I'm getting a hot fire and keeping the creosote down everywhere but there. I'm not sure if it is related or not but I have the re-bar spacers in the bricks. I sure wish I had the new style bricks, but I tried to get P&M to give me those at a reasonable price when my stove was new, but Rory won't work with me.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: bl 28-40 front air chamber plugging
« Reply #1 on: January 06, 2017, 03:52:04 PM »

Rory no longer works there so perhaps give Brian a call, tell him I said he should take care of you or I won't let him ride on the Magic Bus this year at the shows!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

fireboss

• OWF Brand: central boiler
  • OWF Model: 6048
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 06, 2017, 04:59:09 PM »

Slim don't forget to up date the shows a on here!   I would love to catch a ride on magic buss ! Hopefully you can get it down. Here to Sussex county
Sussex county new jersey                                                                   cb 6048 instald may 2010, heating 3000 sq and 15,000 gal pool,sure track dump trailer,35ton splitter,029,ms200,homlite xl

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: January 06, 2017, 05:08:20 PM »

You know there is a chance that the office might ask me to go back to Harrisburg for the outdoor sports show in a few months, we could visit you and MD20/20 at the same time, DO I HEAR ROAD TRIP!

Crow

• OWF Brand: Portage & Main
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40
  • Eastern Ontario
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 07, 2017, 06:47:52 AM »

I have trouble keeping the front air chamber clean. Does anyone have any tricks? I'm getting a hot fire and keeping the creosote down everywhere but there. I'm not sure if it is related or not but I have the re-bar spacers in the bricks. I sure wish I had the new style bricks, but I tried to get P&M to give me those at a reasonable price when my stove was new, but Rory won't work with me.

Joks79, I switched over to the newer style of bricks midway through last season. I think I get more smoke when loading my stove than with the original ones, not sure why.

I also used to get more creosote in the front air loop then but I also found I had moisture in the front of the ash tray area against the door. I wrapped pink insulation around the ash door extension and built a wood box to place against the ash door area, it stays dry in there now.

I could be the bricks, the insulating of the door or combination of them both that helped to keep the air passage from plugging. If you don't have something around the ash door now, maybe try that first - its much cheaper than new bricks.

Joks79

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: BL 28-40 replaced ML-30
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 09, 2017, 05:10:25 AM »

Thanks for the replies. I'll give Brian a call this week.

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: January 09, 2017, 05:44:36 AM »

Rory no longer works there so perhaps give Brian a call, tell him I said he should take care of you or I won't let him ride on the Magic Bus this year at the shows!

Slim, where can I find a schedule for Midwest shows for heatmaster for 2017? Particularly southeast michigan.

Thanks!

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #7 on: January 09, 2017, 06:14:15 AM »

I think that like me, most dealers have been negligent on updating the office on our show schedules so that they can be put on the company website, I'll be working on mine this week.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #8 on: January 09, 2017, 06:14:30 AM »

Slim, where can I find a schedule for Midwest shows for heatmaster for 2017? Particularly southeast michigan.

Thanks!

Should be listed on Heatmasters website. I’ll be at the Blueberry Festival again this year, Plymouth Indiana might be farther than you want to drive though.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #9 on: January 09, 2017, 06:17:32 AM »

I think that like me, most dealers have been negligent on updating the office on our show schedules so that they can be put on the company website, I'll be working on mine this week.

Yah, I know for sure I can do a live burn at the one show, still working on a few others.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 09, 2017, 06:50:25 AM »

Thanks fellas!

jreimer

• OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 09, 2017, 03:32:23 PM »

From my experience, Brian has been good to work with.  He went above and beyond when I needed some parts.
Shindaiwa 488
GMC Duramax 2500HD
Homemade splitter
Portage and Main Optimizer 250
Kubota B7500 w/loader
An understanding wife

Super44

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: Ultimizer BL 2840
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2017, 06:46:17 AM »

Joks79, I switched over to the newer style of bricks midway through last season. I think I get more smoke when loading my stove than with the original ones, not sure why.

I also used to get more creosote in the front air loop then but I also found I had moisture in the front of the ash tray area against the door. I wrapped pink insulation around the ash door extension and built a wood box to place against the ash door area, it stays dry in there now.

I could be the bricks, the insulating of the door or combination of them both that helped to keep the air passage from plugging. If you don't have something around the ash door now, maybe try that first - its much cheaper than new bricks.

I got a call from Heat More in December wondering if I was getting moisture in my ash pan.  I was not, but they had made up a baffle to help fix the issue for those who are. All I had to do was pay shipping to get it. It's a U shaped piece of sheet metal with fiberglass insulation stuffed in it and it sits just inside the ash door.  I was not having a moisture issue before but am using it anyway.

Oak Hillbilly

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: BL-2840
  • Southern Ohio... Fired up Dec. 6th 2014
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 06, 2017, 06:09:14 PM »

I got a call from Heat More in December wondering if I was getting moisture in my ash pan.  I was not, but they had made up a baffle to help fix the issue for those who are. All I had to do was pay shipping to get it. It's a U shaped piece of sheet metal with fiberglass insulation stuffed in it and it sits just inside the ash door.  I was not having a moisture issue before but am using it anyway.

Thanks for sharing...   great to know.

Super44

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Model: Ultimizer BL 2840
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 06, 2017, 07:56:17 PM »

On another note, lately it seemed the boiler was having some trouble staying up to temp.  Tonight I cleaned out the ash pan and shined a light in to see if I had an air obstruction and sure enough the elbow just before the ash pan was half full of ash blocking the air flow.  Now to see in the next few days if that was the issue.
Pages: [1] 2