Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2]

Author Topic: Shavers pro 250 vs. NC 250  (Read 8235 times)

husky 555

• OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: 250
    • View Profile
Re: Shavers pro 250 vs. NC 250
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2012, 08:12:08 AM »

I ordered my Shaver in April 2008 and was told that the furnance would be put on back order right off the bat.   By the first week in July 2008 the stove was sitting on my pad.  I honestly cannot say anything bad about my furnance except that it should have come with the modifications that this forum suggests for the Shaver models.  For $150.00 I did the modifications and can say that the Shaver heats as good as any owf on the market.  I fill my furnace twice a day just like the majority of the folks on this site and it keeps my house and garage as warm as I want them.  When I took delivery of the Shaver, I inspected it and it seemed to be built to last.  The welds were clean and strong. The best thing about my furnace or anyone's furnace on this forum is that we are not spending the money on forgein oil.  I personally have about $3000.00 extra money in my pocket every year!!!!!   Everybody has their opinion whether it's an owf, car, boat, saw, etc,  do your research and buy what you think will work for you and if a company gives you poor customer service - STAY AWAY!!

jimr

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 31, 2012, 07:50:15 AM »

well said husky555. there are a lot of bashers on this and other sites that do there bashing on hear say and rumors. i my self would buy another shaver if i had the need for a OWB.  Jim

hc green

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: January 06, 2013, 04:05:56 PM »

I own a shaver stove, before it was 2 years old the fan burned out, the fill valve had to be replaced, as far as the on site warranty, it's not worth the paper it's printed on.
Oh yeah, also before 2 years old it started leaking. I contacted the dealer, after 2 weeks he tells me I need to deal direct with the factory. I was told I would have to disassemble the outside of the unit, and take pictures, and send them to Ray.( so much for the warranty). After jerking me around for the better part of the summer they offer to send me a 1year newer stove, or come out, and fix the one I have, thinking I can't afford to wait another 4 mons for a repair I said OK. Well I cranked it up, and low ,and be hold I have a 3/4 in gap where the door is warped. Here we go again, I called Ray, was asked if I could seal it with silicone, to make a short story long he promised to send me a new door, that was over 2 mons ago, I haven't heard anything back.
So if anyone is thinking about buying a Shaver OWB, I have one word for them. DON'T.   

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: January 06, 2013, 05:39:27 PM »

I own a shaver stove, before it was 2 years old the fan burned out, the fill valve had to be replaced, as far as the on site warranty, it's not worth the paper it's printed on.
Oh yeah, also before 2 years old it started leaking. I contacted the dealer, after 2 weeks he tells me I need to deal direct with the factory. I was told I would have to disassemble the outside of the unit, and take pictures, and send them to Ray.( so much for the warranty). After jerking me around for the better part of the summer they offer to send me a 1year newer stove, or come out, and fix the one I have, thinking I can't afford to wait another 4 mons for a repair I said OK. Well I cranked it up, and low ,and be hold I have a 3/4 in gap where the door is warped. Here we go again, I called Ray, was asked if I could seal it with silicone, to make a short story long he promised to send me a new door, that was over 2 mons ago, I haven't heard anything back.
So if anyone is thinking about buying a Shaver OWB, I have one word for them. DON'T. '

your pretty much preaching horror stories that are plastered all over the internet.  for some reason folks keep going back, there are quality products out there, shaver imo has always been one of the worst things ive ever seen made

they have claimed gasification, which was pure lies, they have claimed they were epa phase 2, i mean if it could be done, they've done it
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697
Pages: 1 [2]