Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Owners of Midwest Outdoor Wood Furnaces  (Read 29866 times)

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
Re: Owners of Midwest Outdoor Wood Furnaces
« Reply #15 on: December 18, 2010, 03:08:12 PM »

I like the timbers idea, I guess you could dig them into the ground and level them up. I just know that a pad can be a lot of work and money and many of my customers are looking to do it as cheaply as possible.

Thats when I sell em a  natures comfort lol.  in regards to wanting the legs and 4 cap block.    I've had customers who really like the looks of the stoves that go all the way to the ground.  We can make some panels to make the NC do that but I like the idea of having a stove that comes that way from the factory.  I'm just looking around.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

jackel440

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: December 18, 2010, 04:23:44 PM »

I just went to thier site ,and I like how they cut and pasted thier stove on the overview page of how it works .Its the same picture of the cutaway house that CB uses.LOL!
LPK-440 wood gasification furnace
New Holland LS170
24' Titan deckover gooseneck
96' Dodge Ram 2500 V10 4x4
Stihl 025
Stihl 038 Magnum
Stihl 041 AV

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: December 19, 2010, 07:28:44 AM »

I just went to thier site ,and I like how they cut and pasted thier stove on the overview page of how it works .Its the same picture of the cutaway house that CB uses.LOL!

that's the most popular cut and paste photo in the industry.
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 20, 2010, 06:43:35 AM »

I like the timbers idea, I guess you could dig them into the ground and level them up. I just know that a pad can be a lot of work and money and many of my customers are looking to do it as cheaply as possible.

Thats when I sell em a  natures comfort lol.  in regards to wanting the legs and 4 cap block.    I've had customers who really like the looks of the stoves that go all the way to the ground.  We can make some panels to make the NC do that but I like the idea of having a stove that comes that way from the factory.  I'm just looking around.
That is interesting, I can't remember anyone asking me if I sell a furnace with siding that goes to the ground. It just goes to show that not all markets are the same and a dealer has to adapt to where he is selling.
 I to would love to find another line of furnaces. In my opinion I sell a great line of SS furnaces but I do run into people looking for a mild steel furnace. If I could find a brand I like I would do it but I haven't found one.  CB and NC both have large dealer in the area and woodmaster doesn't allow their dealers to sell another brand. Those are the only brands I would feel comfortable selling, any suggestions?
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

poncho64

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 20, 2010, 08:56:59 AM »

That is exactly what I did. I used 4X6 treated tembers and dug them in level.  II had some utility pole crossarms and consideredusing them but opted to go with new timbers.  Cheap and works great!

tulenutn2o

• OWF Brand: HeatSource1
  • OWF Model: Earth Energy 190
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 20, 2010, 01:36:41 PM »

$100 for my pad. Quick and easy.

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: January 06, 2011, 04:49:39 PM »

i know a guy who built his own and used spray foam on the water jacket...bad idea! he boiled the stove dry by leaving the door open, that caused the spray foam to start to melt  and he ended up with a big gap between the foam and the stove and i think that when the foam melted a lot of the insulation value was gone due to many many of the little air bubbles bursting and the foam shrinking. He said he would not use it again as boil overs do happen when you do something silly

just something to consider
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

hifonics5

• View Profile
« Reply #22 on: March 01, 2011, 07:48:05 AM »

Hello
Glad I found this site.  I bought a Midwest stove last summer so this is my first season with it.  The only two complaints that i have is, one- the heat baffle at the top of the fire box is starting to warp downward, i just hope that is does not break away.
two- is it me or is Craig the hardest person in the world to get a hold of?  I can get through to the president faster.
other than that the stove has been good, heating the house and garage.

rosewood

• View Profile
« Reply #23 on: March 01, 2011, 03:40:52 PM »

hifonics5,here 's an idea, call him from a unknown #,leave message your interested in buying a furnace,wait ten minutes for callback! new money always get a call.

GBpackers

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 02, 2012, 06:49:15 PM »

That would be a great idea if he has voice mail set up but he does not.

Midwest may have a well built stove but that does you no good when your customers service is as bad as it is....I do not know how he has survived this long.

CREW1

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Midwest Outdoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: JUNK
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 11, 2012, 02:51:51 PM »

I had enough of Craig after I purchased the boiler it finally showed up MINUS the pex and all the other hookup items I paid for. I simply asked to get the stuff shipped and weeks later it still was not here. He told me it was on its way multiple times but would not give me tracking info. At one point he sent me an email with links from Craigslist where he said I could buy pex locally....crazy. I filed a chargeback on my CC.....I think I will win with no problem. Stay clear of this clown. Lies nuttin but Lies....I should have bought a good boiler from Scott7m but tries to save money.....sometimes it pays to pay a few bucks more.....

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2013, 04:51:32 PM »

Hey buddy, I warned ya and tried to tell you what was about to happen!  It pretty much went the way I figured it would!  Better luck next time, do you need help getting parts or what's going on now?  Give us an update
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

todd

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: midwest
  • OWF Model: 500
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 08, 2013, 05:14:19 PM »

I am on my third season with my midwest, today i cut out the bottom foot of what was left of the flue inside of the fire box now i only have about eight inches until it will breach the water jacket!!!! I know from past experience from this company that a call is futile.  Do not buy one of these!!

Scott7m

• View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 08, 2013, 06:26:43 PM »

I am on my third season with my midwest, today i cut out the bottom foot of what was left of the flue inside of the fire box now i only have about eight inches until it will breach the water jacket!!!! I know from past experience from this company that a call is futile.  Do not buy one of these!!

It takes a lot to be honest about a bad purchase.  Maybe you'll get a few more years out of it
Furnace Parts Dealer
606-316-9697

CREW1

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Midwest Outdoor Boiler
  • OWF Model: JUNK
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 26, 2013, 07:05:38 AM »

Hey buddy, I warned ya and tried to tell you what was about to happen!  It pretty much went the way I figured it would!  Better luck next time, do you need help getting parts or what's going on now?  Give us an update

The moral to the story is find the right person to purchase your boiler and accessories from. Scott7m gave me a great deal and I passed due to a couple hundred dollars difference.

If I would have went with Scott right now I would be heating my home with the boiler he wanted to sell me.  I have had to buy fuel oil at 4 bucks a gallon since October while the credit card company tried to help get the transaction completed with Lying Craig at Midwest. It STILL is not resolved. The guy could have resolved the missing parts issue in less than 3 days but chose to blow me off and lie for a month.

I ended up calling Scott on Wednesday night to order the missing items from my purchase with Midwest. The pex and hot water heat exchange showed up in 2 days. I am working in 9 degree weather today trying to get the boiler going. Scott has been helping me with the hookup questions as well....and not charging me for his knowledge.

Scott IS a person who stands behind his business, wood boilers, he will be there after the sale as many others aren't when it comes to boilers. They wanna sell you and then they are gone. Scott was there for me even AFTER I bought elsewhere.

Do yourself a favor if you are researching buying a boiler. Call Scott7m and you will get the answers you need and the service you deserve. His number is under his ID on these threads.

Nope he isn't paying me to plug his business. I can assure you he knows his business and can help you research your needs and get a great deal for you. It's worth paying a few dollars more now than losing your butt long term. Boilers and accessories he is the guy.

JMHO

Crew1
Pages: 1 [2] 3