Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: auto damper for shaver 165  (Read 4355 times)

doow14

• OWF Brand: shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
auto damper for shaver 165
« on: October 01, 2013, 06:56:25 AM »

In need of some suggestions on where to get the auto damper mod for my shaver 165,what kind of increase in efficientcy will I see by adding it.as always thanks again guys for your input.Dwight
"Some People Don't Know, And The Problem Is They Don't Know That They Don't Know"

brink1963

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: auto damper for shaver 165
« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 08:46:43 AM »

Dwight,
A link to alternative heating and supply is attached. It is for the auto damper for the shaver. Not sure how much more efficient it makes the Furnace but it is highly recommended.
http://www.altheatsupply.com/catalog/product/view/id/1232/s/sd-kit/

doow14

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 05, 2013, 02:44:22 AM »

Thanks,looks easy enough.
"Some People Don't Know, And The Problem Is They Don't Know That They Don't Know"

beeman

• OWF Brand: homemade
  • OWF Model: her name is HOT CHICK
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 05, 2013, 09:23:36 PM »

alternative seles it also as a kit  wasent around when i built mine if was i would have bought it  i love this mod i also put a kill switch with light i can see the light and know the fan is comming on and the switch i turn it off when loading the stove so i dont get a face full of smoke
work like a bee  1970 mgb stihl 029

Steinacher Sales

• OWF Brand: Shaver Outdoor Wood Furnace Dealer
  • OWF Model: Shaver Pro Series 165 (Phone: 618-401-0726)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 06, 2013, 12:08:44 AM »

The auto damper is the only way to go. The furnace works a lot better with it. Check with your dealer, he can probably help.

doow14

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: October 08, 2013, 05:42:06 AM »

ordered the damper kit yesterday,should be here wed.$112 with shipping.Should make my wonderfull shaver even more wonderfuller.Thanks for the input.

doow14

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: October 17, 2013, 06:52:27 PM »

got the auto damper mod last week,The bracket was backwards?had too modify the mod a bit but it works. I bench tested it and when that solenoid snapped it scared the hell out of me.I wonder if the solenoid fails to cycle how hard would it be on the blower motor,not being able too draw any air.Maybe I'm just being a little skiddish about it but I'm thinkin maybe it comes with the territory when you own a shaver.Is this a standard type of air control on other brands of stoves?Thanks for any input. Dwight

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: October 17, 2013, 06:54:36 PM »

got the auto damper mod last week,The bracket was backwards?had too modify the mod a bit but it works. I bench tested it and when that solenoid snapped it scared the hell out of me.I wonder if the solenoid fails to cycle how hard would it be on the blower motor,not being able too draw any air.Maybe I'm just being a little skiddish about it but I'm thinkin maybe it comes with the territory when you own a shaver.Is this a standard type of air control on other brands of stoves?Thanks for any input. Dwight

It's similar, no worries in regard to fan
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

doow14

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: October 21, 2013, 07:14:32 AM »

Auto damper mod works good just a trickle of smoke coming out now when blowers off,before it looked like one of those old shay locos climing to the top of bald nob down there in cass W.Va.Thanks again for the heads up on the mod.