Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Heat loss  (Read 2493 times)

Cjbenedict

• OWF Brand: Heatmore
  • OWF Model: 400
    • View Profile
Heat loss
« on: January 09, 2015, 03:50:41 PM »

I have a heatmore  model 400 ,the high is set on 180 deg. The low is on 160 deg.It has been running very well for the last 6 years, even in very low temps .The last few nights it has been in the single digits  and my thermometer  on the burner has been reading between 160 and 180 ,but water going out is at 100 deg. From burner and at the heat exchanger.Does anyone have any ideas on this problem? Any info would be gratefully appreciated.

Big Wood

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler Heatsource 1
  • OWF Model: E-2300 Model 2000
    • View Profile
Re: Heat loss
« Reply #1 on: January 09, 2015, 05:40:23 PM »

Maybe the impeller on the circulator
Outdoor wood boiler repair and help

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #2 on: January 10, 2015, 03:04:07 AM »

Are you measuring it at the wood boiler or inside the building?
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

hrc200x

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: January 11, 2015, 07:47:42 AM »

The gauge thats reading 100, is it the same gauge thats been installed for the last 6 years or something new, or are you using a infrared gun? Do you have more than one gauge that reads 100?

If its just one gauge thats reading 100 maybe its a fault gauge, or if your using a infared gun sometimes when they are used on different materials they won't be accurate at all, I've noticed the accuracy being way off when using them on copper and galvinized.

If it is truely 100 degress when it used to be 160+ you should be able to keep your hand on a 100 degree pipe for quite awhile, at 160 I'd think you'd only be able to hold onto it for a second.

At 100 degrees trying to heat your house I would think the circulator pumps would run almost constantly, or the fan if your using forced air.  Does everything seem normal on the house side of things?