Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Pex/Pump sizes  (Read 1425 times)

tinfoilhat2020

• OWF Brand: POS
    • View Profile
Pex/Pump sizes
« on: July 27, 2015, 10:31:46 AM »

what size pex are u guys/gals running??????? 1" or 1 1/4"?????  I currently have all 1" lines installed for house loop and shop loop. B&G NRF-36 for the house loop and B&G NRF-22 for the short shop loop.  House loop is approx. 250' total and hit 3 exchangers along the way. Shop loop is only approx. 30' total and only hits 1 exchanger. Im hoping that this is adequate....one of the dealers i spoke to kept trying to sell my on the 1 1/4...he went as far as to try and convince me that i should rip all my previously installed 1" lines because the boiler calls for 1 1/4"...I hope i will be ok!!! to much work to redo, at least for this year!

Any info or insight would be great....i would like to know what size lines or pumps you guys are currently using?????

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
Re: Pex/Pump sizes
« Reply #1 on: July 28, 2015, 12:11:04 PM »

Ran Logstor from the boiler to the house and the shop, slightly over 1” inside diameter.

Used 1 1/4” lines in the shops to each heat exchanger but smaller pumps. Was actually more cost effective to pay for bigger line but ended up costing less with smaller pumps.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana