Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33

Author Topic: new heatmor and having huge issues  (Read 114588 times)

hrc200x

• View Profile
Re: new heatmor and having huge issues
« Reply #435 on: December 09, 2014, 03:20:19 PM »

Does your model have two aquastats in the back of the boiler? Is one set at 180 and the other 200? If the light isn't coming on when the switch is down and the temp is high it must be reaching the high limit switch which it shouldn't do. Have you had the fan out of your boiler to see if the flapper door on it could be sticking open allowing a draft to keep the fire burning when it shouldn't be?

The light does come on when the water temps are lower and the switch is turned to the down position?

Does the fan come on as soon as the outter door is opened?

roxann

• OWF Brand: heatermor
  • OWF Model: 200ssr11
    • View Profile
« Reply #436 on: January 03, 2015, 08:53:33 AM »

I started the season out with 10 cords of dry wood. Cut and split in June dried in an open field now stored in heated basement. I have used 5 cords so far.

Once again I am having issues fun fun on a good note  able to pin point problem . .. now waiting for part to come in.. not so much a unit issue some but mostly cold water return on the wall of art of copper ...

roxann

• View Profile
« Reply #437 on: January 03, 2015, 09:06:10 AM »

The fan problem is still an issue..
 sometimes comes on when temp is high 189 190 are a few times the light came on when door is open and switch is down

mostly when the temp is 185 and higher the light will not come on when the door is open and or the switch is down

I am not sure I am not sure about the aquastats I see one in the back maybe slim could answer that question

the other morning the temp was 126 asking for water filled with  water temp raised rapidly the water went flying out like a whale but everything was running good.  & house was warm. I noticed the roof of the unit the paint is  bobbling up ....

I look often at the flapper its been clear the stove has been clean so different from last year I guess wood matters

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #438 on: January 03, 2015, 11:30:03 AM »

Good to hear that things are a lot better. When did you start your heating season this year? Yes wood is probably the biggest contributing factor to peoples problems.

roxann

• View Profile
« Reply #439 on: January 04, 2015, 09:10:57 AM »

September

hondaracer2oo4

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster. Past Hardy
  • OWF Model: G200. Past H4
    • View Profile
« Reply #440 on: January 04, 2015, 12:34:04 PM »

When in September? I started October 30th and have been through around 4.

roxann

• View Profile
« Reply #441 on: March 23, 2015, 03:46:04 AM »

I'm up to 19 cords now....
things have been going very well up to now ,,, the unit has been calling for water four time just in this month not sure why>> I'm going to call Bruce and pick his brain.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #442 on: March 23, 2015, 04:28:45 AM »

19 cord, full cord or face cord and did you get all the tightening up done on the house we spoke of? that sure seems like a lot of wood for that little stove! I still have that slide hammer I made up for you to clean the heat exchanger if you need it.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

roxann

• View Profile
« Reply #443 on: March 23, 2015, 05:32:46 PM »

19 full cords yes I did a lot of tightening up. I had an audit done still lots to do ugh the guy said that the unit should heat this whole house

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #444 on: March 23, 2015, 05:39:26 PM »

That's a lot of wood for your place, what is it maybe 2500 square feet, where the heck is all the heat going?

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #445 on: March 23, 2015, 06:21:13 PM »

That's crazy I'm heating 2500sq ft and my hot water and I might hit 6 full cord this winter in MN.
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

slimjim

• Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #446 on: March 25, 2015, 07:29:27 AM »

Roxanne, I think it should certainly heat the entire place and it should do it for a lot less than 19 cord, have you gotten in touch with your dealer yet? He should be able to shed some light on your usage as well as figure out why you are using so much water!

TheBoiler

• OWF Brand: Garn
  • OWF Model: WHS2000
    • View Profile
« Reply #447 on: March 25, 2015, 12:52:31 PM »

I started the season out with 10 cords of dry wood. Cut and split in June dried in an open field now stored in heated basement. I have used 5 cords so far.

Once again I am having issues fun fun on a good note  able to pin point problem . .. now waiting for part to come in.. not so much a unit issue some but mostly cold water return on the wall of art of copper ...

Where I am you can bet away with cutting in the summer and burning in the winter. Especially if it is dead standing, but that is unusual. Perhaps part of the problem.

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
« Reply #448 on: April 29, 2015, 03:29:12 AM »

19 full cords yes I did a lot of tightening up. I had an audit done still lots to do ugh the guy said that the unit should heat this whole house

I have a 200ss like yours heating 5500spft burned 15 cord this year oak half dry about 35%moisture average .  Had it for 19 years now . Anyway I read a lot of your posts . One thing I can only come up with is water seeping in trench for starters . I will take more time and read more of your posts to catchup :)  my house is 1976 and 1991 double wide ya both in good condition for there age . 
But not parade of homes energy star that's for sure.. :) one more question trench dirt are you in sand light soil or heavy clay . Just a note if its heavy clay your just making a long pool :) ya I'm in heavy clay here been down that road it makes for erratic wood consumption .. Im only guessing why it take that much wood . 

heat550

p.s. Oak in my standard wood so if your burning soft wood you'll burn alot also. wet wood record here  is 1 cord wet ash lasted 5 days :) and that was on 10f to 5f  days ya its crazy. still have mental scaring why I even thought to haul ash  home.  Moisture meter habor freight 15 bucks will shed alot of light on wood moisture .

heat550

• OWF Brand: Heatmor
  • OWF Model: 1994 200ss 2015 400dcss
    • View Profile
« Reply #449 on: April 29, 2015, 03:40:47 AM »

Another note dead trees standing are like big sponges. Looks are deserving. test with moisture meter . ya its depressing but it will get a person up to speed cutting for next year :)  ya I don't practice what I preach . but moisture meter a truth teller .  live and learn is the name of the game .  :bash:

Heat550
Pages: 1 ... 28 29 [30] 31 32 33