Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shut her down  (Read 2682 times)

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
Shut her down
« on: April 26, 2015, 04:38:23 AM »

Well, I shut down the E-Classic 1400 yesterday.  Gosh, I hate hearing the oil burner run.  It's so quiet when the OWB was heating the house and DHW, not so with the oil burner.  I'm waiting the weed burner (flame thrower) to arrive so I can get the creosote burned off the walls and roof of the fire box.  I'm going to see if it'll help remove the creosote build up from the primary air holes in the fire box.  It can't hurt to try.  If not, I'll poke, jab, cuss, etc...until they are clean.  As homeowners most of you know that there is much to do around the house that needs attention.  So, I'll look in once in awhile to see how everyone's doing but won't be able to spend too much time in here this summer (dang it!).  Have a great summer and I'll see you at the next heating season; or when I need help with something.  Roger     
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Shut her down
« Reply #1 on: April 26, 2015, 04:42:50 AM »

Enjoy Roger and be safe this summer, try to come out and see us at one of our shows!
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #2 on: April 26, 2015, 06:02:05 AM »

Well, I shut down the E-Classic 1400 yesterday.  Gosh, I hate hearing the oil burner run.  It's so quiet when the OWB was heating the house and DHW, not so with the oil burner.  I'm waiting the weed burner (flame thrower) to arrive so I can get the creosote burned off the walls and roof of the fire box.  I'm going to see if it'll help remove the creosote build up from the primary air holes in the fire box.  It can't hurt to try.  If not, I'll poke, jab, cuss, etc...until they are clean.  As homeowners most of you know that there is much to do around the house that needs attention.  So, I'll look in once in awhile to see how everyone's doing but won't be able to spend too much time in here this summer (dang it!).  Have a great summer and I'll see you at the next heating season; or when I need help with something.  Roger   

Maybe try a cone shaped wire brush in a cordless drill to clean those holes?
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 26, 2015, 08:54:43 AM »

Maybe try a cone shaped wire brush in a cordless drill to clean those holes?

Hey now, that's a great idea, thanks.  I'll make a run to the hardware store tomorrow and see what I can find that may work in my application.  Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2015, 09:05:07 AM »

If your hardware store doesn’t have what you need try a welding supply store like PraxAir.
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

the trailmaster

• OWF Brand: CENTRAL BOILER
  • OWF Model: 2400
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2015, 03:34:22 PM »

Roger   You will like your weed torch, works great.  Work it across the back and the creosote will start to flow out of those air holes.  Put your shop vac blowing air into the upper (primary) port in the back and watch the creosote burn like a torch.  Works well  Good Luck  Trailmaster
Trailmaster  Plymouth NH