Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Shaver owners with problems Please READ!  (Read 3375 times)

chrisl

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
Shaver owners with problems Please READ!
« on: February 12, 2014, 04:05:22 AM »

If your like me you bought a Shaver for price and simplicity.  After a few years you find that poor quality and workmanship leads to misery and regret for you. 

Like many others, you go out to put wood in you heater and find water steaming out the top or bottom.  You say "O Crap", you grab your manual with Weld-Rite's phone number, you look at the warranty, you think alright its covered.  You call Weld-Rite only to get a run around and finally told "you have no warranty because you didn't send water samples to an independent lab for analysis".  No place in their warranty did it say you need water test from a lab.

I think its time we fight back.  Here is a couple of links, First one is to the Arkansas Attorney General, and the second is the Arkansas Better Business Bureau.  If enough complaints come in maybe these guys will be investigated. 

http://www.ag.arkansas.gov/file-a-consumer-complaint/

http://arkansas.bbb.org/Business-Complaints/
« Last Edit: February 12, 2014, 04:12:26 AM by chrisl »

jimr

• OWF Brand: shaver
    • View Profile
Re: Shaver owners with problems Please READ!
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2014, 05:06:20 AM »

My manual says you do unless you use there rust blocker that is on there website.

chrisl

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Shaver
    • View Profile
Re: Shaver owners with problems Please READ!
« Reply #2 on: February 13, 2014, 05:53:42 AM »

I purchased and installed my OWF 5 years ago, they had no rust blocker then, they recommended A-200 ( I called Weld-rite and this was their recommendation) from Alternative Heat Supply.