Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Logo version 8 control swap  (Read 2392 times)

BIG AL

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster SS
  • OWF Model: G 200
    • View Profile
Logo version 8 control swap
« on: November 17, 2018, 10:53:26 AM »

So my control on my G200 quit working and Heatmaster sent me the new updated control. I thought I put all the wires back in the correct locations , the instructions they sent get a little confusing in the middle. When I turned it back on it began to start up and then blew fuse #1 so I shut it back down. Anyone have a wiring schematic of the retrofit? I was hoping not to have to wait until monday for tech support. Thanks guys for any help.
SE Mass
Husqvarna 55 , 455 , 372xp , Stihl MS 250
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

BIG AL

• View Profile
Re: Logo version 8 control swap
« Reply #1 on: November 20, 2018, 07:08:17 AM »

So it appears that when they did the logo 8 update they figured out how to change the wiring to make it work , wrote down what they did and started sending them out. Even the techs don't have a wiring schematic to refer to. I tried going back and looking at the schematic that came in the manual and that doesn't even match exactly how it was wired when I started. Now I have a wire in the wrong place and no one seems to know which one it is. It's going to be 10 here and no boiler :bash:
SE Mass
Farmall 460 Diesel , Case VAH with hi-clearance wood trailer, Ford 655 4x4 , Ford 445 loader, Farmall A with custom built logsplitter with own power unit and hoist.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #2 on: November 20, 2018, 07:31:44 AM »

I would download the current manual and compare the wiring. Depending on what software version they have on it, you may need a 2016, 2017 or 2018 manual.

RSI

• OWF Brand: HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: G200 and B250
    • View Profile
    • RSI
« Reply #3 on: November 20, 2018, 10:19:39 AM »

Can you take a picture showing where the wires are now?

BIG AL

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 20, 2018, 11:54:42 AM »

RSI thanks for your response. I am waiting on Wally to call me back from tech support. If you want to help out as well send me a PM with the best way for us to communicate and I will get in touch with you. Thanks Alan.
SE Mass

BIG AL

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 20, 2018, 06:09:28 PM »

My boiler is back up and running. Thanks RSI and everyone at Heatmaster. They reviewed the instructions that came with the controller swap and will be updating them for the future with less words and more pictures. Heatmaster has made several changes to the G200 since it became available and everyone's is a little different. Hopefully the logo control update will be much easier in the future. :thumbup:
SE Mass