Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 [2] 3

Author Topic: Ridgewood Stove vs Woodmaster  (Read 28684 times)

Ridgekid

Re: Ridgewood Stove vs Woodmaster
« Reply #15 on: August 29, 2011, 10:31:05 AM »

Financing can be hard nowadays in our economy. Cash seems to be harder. Both my Son and I went through seperate Credit Unions. In order to get the cheaper rate we put up collateral. They take the payments right out of our direct deposits.

Nomorepropane

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 19, 2011, 03:57:57 AM »

Hello all,
As an owner of a Ridgewood I just wanted to give my 2 cents. With over 20 years in the Heating and Cooling industry I did a lot of research of cost vs performance between different outdoor boilers. With several friends of mine with heatmor units I thought was the choice I was going to make untill my wife found Tim's units advertised in the Auto Rv trader. I thought how good could it be for half the price of a Heatmor. Well I spent over an hour on the phone with him and pounded him with questions, and I decided to go to his shop and check them out. All I can say is everything Tim said it would do it does. My buddy and I each ordered one last fall. We installed both of them ourselves, and have been very happy every since. I am heating 1500sq ft 2 story plus a 50gal h20 tank with the side arm and a 24x 24 garage. I installed and fired my unit on Dec 5 2010 and shut it down about the middle of May. I have never had to fill my unit more than 2 times in one day even on the coldest days of the year. I cut from my own property so I am only guessing but  probably around 20 face cord a year. I bought all my heat exchangers off ebay out of a store in Wisconsin and purchased my stove and underground pipe from Tim, and all my pex tubing and fittings from menards in Clio Mi. I had right around 4500.00 in my parts, compared to the 8500.00 in parts from Heatmor.

My buddy: 2500 square ft house, 50 gal H2o tank with side arm, and a 32x48 pole barn. He bought all his wood last year and bought 18 face cord plus cut down 1 medium tree.

All in all I am very pleased with my decision in the Ridgewood and am looking forward to firing it up soon again. Dan
Ridgewood Boiler
Stihls:
036 Pro
026 Pro
028 farmboss
2- Ms 250's
Coming soon MS 460
22 ton splitter

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 19, 2011, 07:01:23 AM »

Congrats Dan and welcome to the site.
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

robins44

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: December 27, 2011, 09:53:40 AM »

just wondering how everyone is likeing there ridgewood, considering purchasing one, and there only 10 mins away

Cody

robins44

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: December 28, 2011, 11:09:00 AM »

well went and looked at them today, look very well built, thick steel, good strong welds with plenty of penetration, and thick spray foam insulation. Anybody got a update, should be purchasing next week if everything goes well.

Cody

6pacmac

• OWF Brand: Ridgewood
  • OWF Model: 6000
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: December 28, 2011, 08:02:49 PM »

How much does Tim want for one of his units?   
Ridgewood 6000

robins44

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 28, 2011, 10:24:06 PM »

http://ridgewoodstove.com/ridgewoodsept_002.htm

I think for the 6000 $4280 or so with 75 foot of insulated line, exhanger, pump, fittings.

600 more for the bigger one.

The stoves now come with diamond plate roofs and corner trim.

robins44

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 29, 2011, 10:16:35 AM »

ttt!

What do you guys think?

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 29, 2011, 03:15:24 PM »

You get a lot friendlier responses over here than you do over at that other site,don't ya?

Cody, I'll give you my two cents worth since you are a fellow Michigander. If it were me,I'd spend a few grand more and buy one from a dealer who represents larger company that has a solid reputation where warranty issues are concerned. I don't know anything about the Ridgewood boiler, and I do not want to be a guinea pig for any manufacturer. I went with a larger company that has a reputation for prompt service when warranty issues are encountered. But that's just me. I'm getting to a point in my life where I choose not to take the risks that I did even 10 years ago. I know if I have a major issue with my boiler,especially in the first five years, immediate help is only a phone call away. That kind of piece of mind is hard to put a price on.
   Which ever direction you take, I wish you the best of luck. Remember, the above words from me are just actions that I would take based on my situation. Nothing more,nothing less. The path you choose needs to be based on the where you are monetarily, as well as how you are mechanically. Everyone in THIS site applauds you in your decision to attempt to break free from "The Man".
   Good luck,
   Marty-in MI
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #24 on: December 29, 2011, 06:46:48 PM »

Not a bad looking owb, I went to their website and looked around. I clicked on the warranty tab and it didn't say anything about the warranty.
There is not a lot of info on their site no spec page.
Southern Indiana

6pacmac

• View Profile
« Reply #25 on: December 29, 2011, 09:21:50 PM »

I have the 6000 sf model.   Firebox, water jacket and smoke stack are 3/8"s  thick.  Pretty simple set up, easy to fix, if needed.   The electronics are from Graingers.     Tim delivered it to me in Pennsylvania for $3550.    I don't expect Tim to come to Pa if it develops  a leak.   I can weld.   The paint job on the steel structure, legs etc; is a little weak,  needs primed.   But I stuck mine in a shed, as planned,  to keep the weather off of it.   We will see how it works out.    I was going to get a CB 5036, I like the ripple top firebox layout, but the $9500 price for the unit and set-up stuff, plus my labor,  scared me off.  And the CB only has a 5year warranty on the firebox, according to the dealer.  A buddy at work has the 5036, which he loves.   Said its easy on wood.   
Ridgewood 6000

Bull

• View Profile
« Reply #26 on: December 30, 2011, 03:33:34 AM »

What kind of warranty does your 6000 have? That is a great price
Southern Indiana

6pacmac

• View Profile
« Reply #27 on: December 30, 2011, 04:48:36 AM »

When I bought it, back in March, the warranty was 5 year 100%, but electrics not covered, then another 5 years at 50%.   Pump has manufacture warranty.   All the electronics are available for under $100 from Grainger.   
Ridgewood 6000

robins44

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: December 30, 2011, 08:09:35 AM »

I thought tims welder said they were 10 year warranty now, 1 year electric. Did yours come with insulated line, heat exchanger?

6pacmac

• View Profile
« Reply #29 on: December 30, 2011, 07:42:35 PM »

Get him to put the warranty in writing.   Mine just came with one pump.   I got the insulated line,  heat exchanger and some other stuff off of Ebay from an outfit in N.Y. state.  Tims prices on the units are kinda all over the place.   The website price is either $4100 or $3400, depending on what page you're looking at, for the same unit. On Graigslist, they're like $3200.   You price of $4280 for the unit and all the stuff ain't bad.
Ridgewood 6000
Pages: 1 [2] 3