Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: 1 2 [3]

Author Topic: Better get things in order here in the Northeast  (Read 8472 times)

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
Re: Better get things in order here in the Northeast
« Reply #30 on: February 11, 2015, 05:10:42 AM »

One of the metal trusses came down on the corner of the cab on the crane truck and broke through the outer layer of fiberglass, took out 2 clearance lights but that was about it on the trucks, as far as the rest of the stuff we will simply have to wait until the snow is gone to remove the tarp and check out the damage as NOBODY is going in there now.
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

mlappin

• Fabricator Extraordinaire
  • Global Moderator
  • OWF Brand: homebuilt, now HeatmasterSS
  • OWF Model: Martin Steel Works Gen 1 then, now a G200.
  • North Liberty, Indiana
    • View Profile
    • Altheatsolutions
« Reply #31 on: February 11, 2015, 06:32:57 AM »

I tried to post some pics of my Friend / neighbors 50 x 100 canvas topped Quonset hut that caved in on top of all his equipment 2 days ago, we got the crane truck that he uses for setting the concrete form cages and his service truck out without any further damage but there is still a lot of stuff in there buried under the broken frame and canvas, it took my Cat, a Volvo excavator and a pulp loader to lift the frame enough to clear the trucks, the scary part was going inside to cut the canvas and rig the spreader bars. Nobody got physically hurt and Derek can now get back to work but Please let this be a lesson to us all, TODAY PLEASE look up at your roofline, if there is a lot of snow up there, GET IT OFF!

We have five hoop buildings on the farm, all run east to west and are out in the open, any wind pretty much keeps em scoured off. WE just put the fifth one up this fall/early winter, have the semi, a grain truck, three four wheel drive tractors and the seed tender parked in it. A guy in town put up the identical building after ours and it came down, but his is sheltered on three sides by tree lines, they also left all the snow on it from when we got the 16".
Stihl 023
Stihl 362
Stihl 460
Sachs Dolmar 112 and 120
Homemade skid steer mounted splitter, 30" throat, 5" cylinder
Wood-Eze model 8100 firewood processor

HeatmasterSS dealer for Northern Indiana

CTF250

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: 5036
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: March 05, 2015, 04:57:58 AM »

Well the shoreline of Ct is getting another 4-6 inches today.  Here we go again. Can't wait for the melt of spring to get here.

Project for this year is going to be finishing the roof on the wood shed.  I have had enough of digging through the snow to find my wood pile.

Central Classic 5036

Case 480e backhoe loader
IH Cub 154
Husqvarna 372, 262 and stihl 290
1986 Ford F350 6.9 Diesel 4x4 dump

coolidge

• View Profile
« Reply #33 on: March 05, 2015, 01:41:19 PM »

Glad it cooled back down a little, broke a sweat yesterday in the 42 degree weather.

Wont be long and the black flies will be out.
Western Maine

Roger2561

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler
  • OWF Model: Classic Edge 550 HD
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: March 06, 2015, 01:24:00 PM »

This morning in my area of NH I had -15.  I coulda swore I saw a mosquito wearing a fur coat. 

Roger
CB Classic Edge 550 HD
JD Tractor 4500 4X4 with front-end loader
JD LX277AWS
Stihl 021
Stihl MS 311
Cud Cadet 27 Ton Wood splitter
2012 Honda Goldwing GL1800
New Hampshire

Brad

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: H5
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: March 06, 2015, 02:03:17 PM »

Yesterday in Northern MN we had -26 in the morning and today it's almost 40..  I would imagine this will slowly make it your way soon..  It's going to be 50 next week and it's time to start getting seeds started for the garden!  Hopefully you guys out east get a slow gentle melt with all your snow!!
Aitkin, Minnesota

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: March 06, 2015, 02:44:09 PM »

Yesterday in Northern MN we had -26 in the morning and today it's almost 40..  I would imagine this will slowly make it your way soon..  It's going to be 50 next week and it's time to start getting seeds started for the garden!  Hopefully you guys out east get a slow gentle melt with all your snow!!

That's right Brad we will definitely need some rain or we are gonna have a shortage of moisture in the ground!
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

dwneast77

• OWF Brand: Central Boiler; Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: E-Classic 2300; HE10000
    • View Profile
    • HeatherWood Gardens
« Reply #37 on: March 12, 2015, 10:41:06 AM »

My dad and his uncle (both run/ran greenhouse businesses as I still do with my dad).  They used to call it "poor man's fertilizer".  Well, not sure how good it is, but we sure have enough of it here.  Saw a lot of melting over the past couple of days.  Cooling back down some today with another round of snow expected this weekend.  Heavy wet stuff this time.  Most of the storms last month were fluffy and easy to move.  Sadly I've lost my nice snow packed base in my driveway.  Plowing this weekend will be loads of fun.
Eastern Maine (near Calais)
Central Boiler E-2300
Wood Doctor HE10000
Stihl 290 Farmboss
Craftsman 27 ton Splitter
JD 870 Tractor
Pages: 1 2 [3]