Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2

Author Topic: Any word on the Wood Doctor move?  (Read 7771 times)

oldchenowth

Any word on the Wood Doctor move?
« on: September 30, 2011, 07:56:36 PM »

Last I knew WD was in the process of moving operations from Nova Scotia to somewhere on the East coast.  Anyone heard if that actually happened or not?  No reason, just curious.  I am going to have to order some treatment and stuff sometime in the future, just wondering if they were going to be around to fill the order and where would it come from now?

Jcl

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
Re: Any word on the Wood Doctor move?
« Reply #1 on: October 08, 2011, 03:56:49 PM »

the move has started.    parts are being shipped there  but the building of the units is still being done in SD and canada  He 8000 not being made right now so the He 10000 being made in canada He 5000 in South Dakota.

Trust me things are not going smoothly   
wood doctor He5000
Block buster wood processior
Jd 855 backhoe

oldchenowth

« Reply #2 on: October 08, 2011, 10:39:01 PM »

I'm not very bright and not a business guru, but isn't this a bad time of year to be screwing around with your production?  Gotta say, if it were me, I'd build the things in a one car garage if I had to.  But they would be getting built.  I kinda thought Arthur or John would chime in to give a first hand update.

Jcl

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2011, 08:41:03 PM »

By what i can tell by  talking with Arthur. this is why there moving right know they are not building them.   moving to VA they could???

I really liked the stoves. Have wanted one for acouple of years saved my money  and ordered one.    but after the Bs this summer i'm not impress with the company..
wood doctor He5000
Block buster wood processior
Jd 855 backhoe

NewToIt

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: XL (14,000 sq. ft.)
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: October 11, 2011, 08:19:08 AM »

I ordered a Wood Doctor factory direct a few years ago, and it was at my door within two weeks of when I was ready for it and put in my request for shipment....... but then again, they were not in the middle of a move.

For what it's worth, I have been very happy with the stove so far..... and keeping fingers crossed.

Good luck with your stove.
Not so "NewToIt" anymore..... up and running for 3 yrs. now!!

coonsrich@yahoo.com

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WoodDoctor
  • OWF Model: BP 8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 07, 2012, 07:41:50 AM »

My wd rusted out Nov 23, I did speek with Arthur and he promised to ship parts to weld for repairs.  5 weeks and no parts so I found locally and repairs being made as I type.  I think WoodDoctor and Arthur are done, finished.  No company should leave you in the cold for 6 weeks.  The boiler lasted only 4 seasons.

oldchenowth

« Reply #6 on: January 07, 2012, 07:36:53 PM »

Your getting me nervous coonsrich.  Mine is 2 years old now so it sounds like I may be in trouble.  Do me a favor and take pictures of the repair so I have an idea of how to fix mine when the time comes. Does this thing come apart relatively easy to get access to the leaks?  If you get some pics post in the thread or tell us where they are in the gallery.  I agree that these guys sound like toast.  That stuff just aint right that they leave you hanging like that.  I'm trying to really watch my mouth this year, but stuff like this makes it really hard sometimes.  I could go off and make a Marine blush over wrong doings that WD is doing to good folks.

Linda Ramsey

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor gassifier
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 08, 2012, 06:47:54 AM »

My husband is a retired minister and disabled and a veteran. He and I have been e-mailing (Rick), trying to talk to (to no avail) Arthur and my husband has spoken with Brian (to no avail) about our furnace that has stopped working after less than four months use. We bought it last year and used it under four months. This year we tried to use it and it will not work properly. We have ordered new bricks (Brian's suggestion), adjusted the pins (Arthur and Brian's suggestion per Rick), had our wood tested to see if it was "too wet" (Arthur and Brian's suggestion per Rick), tried our wood with newer cut wood because our wood was maybe "too dry" (Rick's suggestion), taken pictures and e-mailed them to Arthur so he could see what might be wrong with our furnace (per Arthur's suggestion...when he ACCIDENTLY called us back after the company getting one of my husband' debit card numbers wrong...when we orderred the bricks), and we have heard that the company does not have people to check furnaces (per Rick...because they only make $400.00 per unit and cannot possibly have people to check them out). The warranty means nothing evidently. Brian told my husband that we could sell our stove to another person and try to get our money back...REALLY? Why would any Christian person sell a stove to another person that does not work properly. We have told them time and again that we do not want a handout...we simply want a furnace that works properly. They have no solution for our problem. They are not responding to our pleas for help. We are simply out of our investment....which, when you have a limited income is really discouraging. It is getting cold here in West Virginia and we are trying to get by with a back-up propane fireplace. It is cold and Rick told us that they were not having any issues with any of the furnaces. This company must not have the character that it had when it first started out. I researched it extensively before choosing to go with Wood Doctor. I even talked my husband into it. I feel guilty about doing so. Rick and Arthur seem to be Christians and we were encouraged at first that they would do the right thing...but, we have had no response. We are going to go to the Attorney General in our state. It gets cold here in West Virginia...especially when your Wood Doctor furnace does not work properly and you can not get a resolution to the problem.
Don and Linda

Ridgekid

« Reply #8 on: January 08, 2012, 07:06:43 AM »

Welcome to the site.  Sorry it's under these circumstances.

Where abouts in WVA are you located. Maybe one of our expirianced members can help you out.

Bull

• OWF Brand: Hardy
  • OWF Model: Rebuilt H2
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: January 08, 2012, 07:14:32 AM »

Linda, so sorry to hear about your problems with your stove. First off welcome to the site. Can you post a description of the problems you are having with the stove and maybe someone on here could give you some advice on it. It sounds like Arthur probably wont need a furnace to keep warm where he is heading. 
Southern Indiana
Just outside of the "Small Town"

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2012, 07:39:08 AM »

Linda,
   I PM'd you a few  minutes ago. Arthur and Rick are not Christians. There are so many good people on this site that will be able to talk you folks through your issues with your boiler. It really doesn't sound like it will be a very big deal to get you folks up and running again.

Marty
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

coonsrich@yahoo.com

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: WoodDoctor
  • OWF Model: BP 8000
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2012, 09:11:40 AM »

My Wood Dr. is up and running again.  The interior of the firebox was cleaned with a wire wheel on a 6 foot handle.  This is the only way as you cannot be inside the boiler with all the dust created.  A back plate measuning 14 1/2 inches high and bottom edge cut on a 16 3/8 inch radius was welded on all sides after.  Then a 1 foot by 4 foot piece rolled length wise to a 16 3/8 radius was welded in the bottom rear of firebox.  All welds were pressure tested by covering the vent pipe and applying 1/2 psi pressure then spray weld with soapy water.  $ 95 for the steel and fabricatio and $ 600  for the welding  and I'm in business again.  Sending the bills to Arthur but he is gone.  Hope he is stopped at the border for operating a business with no backbone.

jainlay1

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Wood Doctor
  • OWF Model: 5 Models (NEVER DELIVERED!!!!)
  • Wood Doctor RIPPED ME OFF BIG TIME!!!!
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2012, 12:07:58 PM »

>:(
Well, folks my name is John Ainlay...I am sure Arthur Turple, Rick Fulcher and Brian Nadeau know of me very well.  After finding this BLOG (feeling extremely DUMB!!!!) I have realized that I have been taken to the cleaners for the first time in my life.
I ordered 5 furnaces and was being set up as a dealer back in September and October.  I believed everything Rick Fulcher and Arthur Turple and Brian Nadeau had to say....HOOK LINE and SINKER!!!!.
 I have never been swindled like this before and my wife says that I am always too trusting.  I have always relied on living for the Lord and believing that he is watching over me and my family.  They came off as Godly people and so I just ran a BBB check and looked up Rip Off .com to see if they were listed.  I did not find anything.  I am not very computer savvy and I am paying for that now.  I have hired a Private detective and a skip trace to find these people.  I want them to know that if they are moving...experiencing problems...having hard times.... or whatever, all they have to do is call me.  They have my $42,700.00 and all I want is answers.  I don't understand what is so hard about communicating with me.  Why can't they just pick up the phone and discuss their problems.  I am not unreasonable and I do understand that sometimes people run into problems in life that make it difficult to meet their commitments.  Unfortunately, I can't do anything to help and I can't do anything to resolve the problem if they won't talk to me.  They also need to understand that filing for bankruptcy will not help them.  Since it appears as though they have no ability to manufacture my furnaces, it makes it criminal when they took my money.  I have left numerous messages, emails etc with no response.  I now have their all of their personal addresses, phone numbers and have people on the ground locally in all three of their areas.  I would like to hear from anyone that can help.
Please let me know if anyone can call me at 815-715-8876.  I would like to get caught up on who these folks are.  If anyone can help me, please call me or email me at jainlay1@gmail.com.  We are desperate at this point and I need to resolve this ASAP.  Call anytime......Thanks

hawken

• View Profile
« Reply #13 on: January 13, 2012, 06:32:27 AM »

Manufactures are Silverwinds Metals in MB, Canada and also Fordham in SD. with a 1 year warranty, Its Arthur that made up the 30 year to take the industry by stride with no respect of anyone's money. If he is charged in USA where he now lives and enjoys a residency status due to his huge investment in USA along with his Jet airplane .

But we all know he is a man of the CLOTH ! The Rock Church , and his previous partners are not doing so well either,Quintin Sponagle, Trevor Hill and Larry Beaton — are all connected to the Rock Church in Lower Sackville. Arthur is under investigation also as he was instrumental in supporting many to invest also in Jabez Financial Services Inc . which is Panama-registered . Did you know Arthur owns a large home and land in Panama , its shown in land deeds. http://www.cbc.ca/news/canada/nova-scotia/story/2011/06/02/ns-ponzi-scheme-rock-church.html

http://www.facebook.com/arthur.turple   he is very quiet on FB

hawken

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: January 13, 2012, 06:45:51 AM »

Brian Nadeau has been Arthur's silent partner since 2007 , so he is defiantly involved, he also has a key to Arthurs FL home, but not the Panama one
Pages: [1] 2