Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5

Author Topic: What Really Happened at Wood Doctor by the President - Arthur Turple  (Read 40249 times)

Arthur Turple

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile

What really happened at Wood Doctor – by President - Arthur Turple

PLEASE NOTE ----WOOD DOCTOR WILL BE BACK MAY 2012.  WARRANTY WILL BE RESUMED.  UNDELIVERED WILL BE RESUMED.

www.wooddoctorfurnace.com

I am the president of Wood Doctor and I have been doing Wood Doctor for the past 16 years.  For the last 9 of these years our furnaces have been built by the Silverwinds Hutterite Colony, PO Box 159, Spirling, Manitoba, R0G 2M0 that manufacture under the name of Silverwinds Metals.  This is NOT a limited liability corporation.  Our relationship is over and they are now building their own competing furnace called Polar Furnace.  Polar Furnace Mfg. Inc. is a limited liability company.  They did a Hostile takeover of part of our distribution.

I had done well in the furnace business for many years. 

A few years ago I also started a Nova Scotia wireless high speed internet company called Netbundle Inc.  My company Outside Heating Systems Ltd. (Wood Doctor) had loaned money and cosigned the loans for this internet company.  I personally co signed some of them.
The province of Nova Scotia announced that they were going to provide high speed internet to the whole province.
They put a tendering process in place.  The province was divided into different bid areas.  I put in a bid for the areas that I knew I could do profitably and were connected to my area and included my area.  I had the lowest bid and have had the fastest wireless network in the province.  However, I was not politically connected in any way.
The NS Premier’s brother was in charge of determining who got the bid. 
In a meeting with all parties that had completed a bid, he made the statement:
“The way we are determining the winner is - each application will get so many points for each category.  They will get so many points for the best bid.  They would get so many points for each thing on this list. But in the final category we have not yet determined how many points will be allotted.  If I can find anything that I do not like in the application and I MEAN ANYTHING, - I will make it bigger than the rest and you are out.” 
I later received a letter simply telling us that we were out.

Who handled the finances for the premier during his election.

The Province split 68 Million between 2 companies.  Neither company was involved in wireless internet before the bidding process.  Neither company completed the process in the allotted time.  Neither company received a fine or penalty.  As a matter of fact one of the companies was later given an extra 10 Million to help them finish.  This was the same company (Seaside) that received my area and came in and put equipment beside my towers and disrupted our service.  We eventually had to close.
I lost close to 1.5 Million, some of which remained as loans now owed by Wood Doctor and I.  One of them is BDC.  On one day, in 2 separate loan agreements,  I borrowed $250,000 from BDC and $100,000 remains unpaid.  The other $150,000 plus interest has been repaid.

At the same time EPA were trying to enlarge their empire.  State after State adopted laws allowing EPA furnaces only.
EPA furnaces cost much more to build and therefore are much more expensive.  When most states went green, they made no allowances for outdoor commercial and industrial furnaces and they were simply banned as EPA will only certify furnaces up to 350,000 BTU.  Many good states are no longer profitable for dealers.

A few years back I purchased my partners shares in Outside Heating Systems Ltd.
He stayed on to work with me and received an override on every furnace sold in our network.  I paid him over $500,000 in 2008.  Oil was high and the economy was still good.
When the Hutterite Colony, Silverwinds Metals recruited my ex partner Dave McCulloch, I knew that they were planning to take a run at me to take over distribution.  It only took them a few months.

That led to me going to Virginia and meeting Rick Fulcher.

We were scrambling to try to get other manufacturing going.
First we had looked at operating our own factory and were offered help locally in VA.  We could have received a 132,000 sq ft factory all set up with equipment.   We later turned down the offer for the factory as the financing to run the factory and build up inventory was not in place.
We hired a CFO for a new VA company, called Creative Energy Solutions LLC.  The new CFO, Wayne Barry lost no time diverting funds to his own accounts and then ran when we discovered the fraud.  The arrest warrant is still in place.

That set us back, but we had a great new marketing plan.  We decided that there are many good existing companies with unemployed men.  Let’s give them the work.
Now we had to get new CAD plans made so that fabrication companies could bid on furnace production.  The company selected and awarded the contract to make the CAD plans was a total disappointment.  They were Trimech.  They took months to complete the first CAD plan.  They had received the contract because they had promised to put a man on it right away and would not charge overtime for weekends.  We kept paying the incoming bills but we were well into the fall before they had the first CAD plan done.  This took us by surprise.
By this time it was too late in the season for this year.  We could not get any furnaces completed without CAD plans.

This summer we also received another hit.  Without any warning, this summer our most popular EPA furnace, the HE8000 was discontinued by the Hutterite Colony operating as Silverwinds Metals, after we had many sold. 
This had been a stock item for the last three years and therefore we were not expecting this and had already spent the profit from these sales in covering operating expenses while waiting for the furnaces to be built.  We could not talk Silverwinds Metals into even making enough for these orders.
We were in trouble.  We went to two factories to get an EPA furnace made.  We did not yet have CAD plans and we were running out of time. 

We were spending so much of our energy putting fires out.   The Hutterite were now making their own competing furnace, called Polar.  Wood Doctor is now a company that Silverwinds wanted to be in their past.  Silverwinds Metals could increase their profit if they also distributed the furnace.

Since our troubles which included Silverwinds trying their best to put us out of business, Silverwinds Metals has made it plain that if Outside Heating Systems Ltd. failed that they would not pay warranty.  They had promised 5 years of 100% of all repairs warranty to Outside Heating Systems Ltd and Wood Doctor.  A copy of this warranty is at www.wooddoctor.com.  Neil Hoofer, at Silverwinds, has been telling our customers that they are not Silverwind Metals customers and Silverwinds Metals is not obligated to pay claims. 
The reality is that Silverwinds Hutterite Colony built the stoves and wrote out a 5 year 100% repair warranty.  They are obligated. 

At this time the Hutterite already knew a few of our better dealers.   Plus, hey had already recruited Dave McCulloch that had worked closely with me for 14 years, and a Canadian distributor.

We were surprised when we sent a tractor trailer to the factory and they did not have inventory for us and would not sell us any of their new brand.  The trucker said there were lots of furnaces stockpiled.
Silverwinds Metals said the factory was jammed with furnaces waiting for parts, but the colony minister Zack Hoofer Sr. said that if we could wait, that they would eventually build our furnaces for us.
We waited and waited.

Just as the furnaces were finally made, and we had just got the first load out and were arranging shipping our bank account was hit with a number of credit card refunds.  They all came at once.  This took out not only the money we would have sent to the Hutterite Colony, but also the profit on all these furnaces that we had already spent in expenses.  Our account was wiped out.  Once it started, it happened quickly.
We were essentially out of business.
We slashed expenses at all locations and eventually only one part time employee remained.

I had also let my own personal bills fall behind and used up my own personal resources, while we were trying to save Wood Doctor.

There are some really great people caught up in this.  There are loyal dealers, friends, customers, creditors and employees.  I am sorry.
I am 60 years old, and have been in business most of my life.  I was never involved in a business failing before.  There is no hand book for that.  Looking back I see how I could have protected things better and prevented this from happening with shorter leases and commitments and staying in my field of heating with another manufacturer.

I am sorry for the trouble and inconvenience that this has caused.  I should have communicated better, but I was in shock.
I will do my best to reimburse every one in the future.  Wood Doctor website will be back up May 2012.
Again, I am sorry.

I am also posting a copy of the warranty written by Silverwinds Metals (POLAR FURNACE) (contact below) to Outside Heating Systems Ltd. for the furnaces built these past 9 years.
I am also posting claim forms on our website for repair warranty during the first 5 years.

The contract obligates the manufacturer (Silverwinds Hutterite Colony) to cover all repair costs for the first 5 years.
They stuck a phrase in their warranty that referrs to an obligation about solvency that will be included in a future contract.  There were no future contract ever written.  Therefore that phrase is invalid.  This was only added after I was very vocal after I had discovered that they had bought a cheaper load of boiler plate from somewhere else.  At the same time they agreed to increase the time to 3 years, to replace furnaces at no cost within their 5 years.

Silverwinds is not obligated to participate in the replacement warranty offered after 5 years.   
WOOD DOCTOR WILL CONTINUE TO DO THEIR BEST TO TAKE CARE OF ALL PAST CUSTOMERS AFTER THE 5 YEAR SILVERWINDS WARRANTY.

This following is part of a letter written to the Silverwinds Hutterite Colony by president of Wood Doctor January 4, 2012:

Neil Hoofer openly did not correct stress corrosion leakage as requested around the chimney and door jamb extension, which caused leaks into firebox, then other leaks and corrosion to happen.  Neil said that the cost was too high to correct them and that the price of warranty was not expensive enough to correct. 
Neil's exact words to me were "If we were to spend $200.00 on every furnace we built in a year, and built 1,000 furnaces, that would be $200,000.  It is not worth it, as we would never spend that much on warranty."  That attitude made my job hopeless. 

I never found out until a few months ago, when we took a torch to one of our original furnaces WD8000 which you call SW25 that THERE WAS NO SUPPORT FOR THE FIREBOX. 
THE SUPPORT FOR THE WEIGHT OF THE FIREBOX DID NOT EXIST. 

ALL WEIGHT FOR THE FIREBOX AND WOOD WAS HANGING BY A WELD AROUND THE CHIMNEY AND DOOR JAMB EXTENSION. 

WHY WAS NO SUPPORT PUT IN UNDER THE FIREBOX?

I could hardly believe my eyes, as a long time ago Neil Hoofer had told me that the metal around the chimneys was corroded by stress corrosion.  I always assumed that it was because of heat and low water, as I was never given complete CAD drawings to examine.

It now appears that the failures may have been deliberate.
Neil Hoofer used to say in meetings "Why do we need Arthur?  Why not do our own distribution?"
Neil Hoofer also used to say “The warranty to Wood Doctor is in our Colony’s name, we need it in a limited company.”  I used to wonder, “Why?  Are we not planning to fix up the customers?”

As failures kept happening over and over, I no longer felt comfortable selling furnaces that I knew may fail.  My only hope was that maybe Neil Hoofer would finally get the promised changes done; and look at the disappointment and grief, that Silverwinds Metals are causing families and have compassion and fix and replace the defective furnaces. 

When Neil Hoofer asked me, in person, 2 years ago "If Wood Doctor went out of business because of warranty, would Wood Doctor take Silverwinds down with them?"
I had responded "How could it be possible that warranties could take Wood Doctor down, because the warranty comes from you?"

For the last few years I have been thinking, "If I left Wood Doctor would the customers lose their warranty, because the warranty was written to Outside Heating Systems Ltd.?"  I felt trapped.  I no longer wanted to sell their furnaces.  I no longer had confidence that we were helping people by supplying them with a furnace from Silverwinds Hutterite Colony (Polar Furnace)

We are still having problems in only 3 or 4 or 5 years.  It is unnecessary.  Then if a furnace makes it past 5 years, it is now Arthur's problem.  These furnaces did not have to fail in 10 or 20 years. 
Neil Hoofer's penny pinching has caused untold harm to our customers, dealers, and Wood Doctor.
The correction to the bushing around the pull rod took numerous requests and a number of years before happening. 
I have been saying "What is happening, as we have to improve the furnaces?  When will this be done?"
 How many times have I heard that the 3/8 inch steel would be put in the door jamb extensions? 
It never happened.  Neil never got it done.

The above is part of a letter I had written to the Silverwinds Hutterite Colony.

However I also want to say:
The Hutterite are very mostly good intelligent people. 
Most Hutterite are mostly honorable people.  I have a high respect for many of them.  Many have been friends. 
I have no animosity toward Hutterite people.

I have no bitterness towards Neil, only disappointment.  I could never understand Neil.  The more that I diid with Silverwinds, the more he opposed me.  I just realized why Neil has been acting this way.
Neil Hoofer suffers from Narcissism.   Neil is a text book case.  The son of the minister.  Raised in a place of honor.  He would be regarded as handsome. very well spoken, on and on.  Neil is basically running the factory today.  What a recipe for future disaster.

At this time, Neil Hoofer has been telling Wood Doctor customers that the Hutterite Colony, Silverwinds Metals is not going to cover their warranty, It is my responsibility.   They are my customers.  The warranty is written by the Silverwinds Hutterite Colony.  That makes purchasers Silverwinds Metals customers for the first 5 years.  A copy of the warranty is at www.wooddoctorfurnace.com

The Silverwinds Colony has been listening to Neil Hoofer and Dave, and HAVE COME INTO AGREEMENT WITH THEM to put money ahead of their word and obligations.
They have been refusing to pay warranty claims to customers during their five year manufacturing warranty contract obligation.
I have this in writing from a number of people.
Neil Hoofer, if you had simply done the right thing and honored your warranty instead of spending all your energy spreading rumors about me, I never would have made this  public.  You have left me with no choice.

Any Wood Doctor warranty claims during the first 5 years can be done direct to the factory where they were made:

Polar Furnaces Mfg. Inc. or Silverwinds Metals Colony
PO Box 159, Sperling, Manatoba, R0G 2M0,  Canada
phone:204-626-3485. 
fax: 204-626-3326
contact zacksr@silverwindsmetals.com  or zacksr@polarfurnace.com
I have no desire to embarrass the Colony or cause trouble. 

Outside Heating Systems Ltd. has closed.  However we are not changing our name or avoiding our promises or obligations.
All unfilled orders will be filled soon.  WOOD DOCTOR WILL CONTINUE.

Warranty claims after 5 years on our prorated replacement warranty can be made at:

Wood Doctor
397 Prince St., Truro, Nova Scotia  B2N 1E6 Canada
We will continue to honor our warranty the best we can. 

May. 4, 2012 --- UPDATE ON WARRANTY PROGRESS:
Rino Francoeur
Edmonston, NB  Canada
Rino Francoeur <rino5@me.com>
There was a omplete furnace corrosion failure of a Silverwinds furnace in under 3 years.
Emailed more Pictures Dec 14, 2011
As of April 24, 2012 - Mr Rino Francoeur still has not received his new furnace.  

Silverwinds Metals now calling themselves Polar Furnaces has left Mr. Francoer without his replacement furnace all winter.
This furnace was designed and Pattoned by Neil Hoofer of Silverwinds Metals and failed from corrosion under 3 years old.
WHY  has this customer not been fixed up?
I approved the replacement over 4 months ago and emailed pictures.
Neil talked to customer and told him that a replacement furnace would be coming.  Where is it?
How can I stay involved when you obviously will not continue to honor claims.
I will notify all customers to deal with you directly as you will obviously no longer fix them up when I am involved in any way.
Arthur Turple, pres.
Wood Doctor
cell 207-745-0854
Home 902-893-3336

PS We now have good news.
From spring 2011 to spring 2012, I went through the roughest year of my life.  Silverwinds stopped supplying HE8000 after we had sold a number, and then later stopped supplying all furnaces for awhile, but always told us that they would eventually build them.  At the end we managed to get one tractor trailer load of furnaces out before the credit card companies recalled all credit card payments.  The whole company crashed.

There are still a few people that have not received their furnace when our company closed.
These orders will be taken care of.  They will soon receive a furnace.  It will be a better one.

I was approached by a few manufacturers that heard what had happened and wanted to help.  This was appreciated, but I was not mentally able to step back into the fray at the time.  I am ready now!

Some of the things said on the internet were true. 
We were way behind in deliveries all summer, mostly because they were not available.
When we crashed there were some undelivered furnaces.  They will be delivered soon.

There is one person in particular who has been spreading lies about me, my family, my partners, and the company   He shows a picture or takes a fact and adds a lie to it to make the lie appear like the truth.  He goes by the handle of Hawken.   
I have even watched him do this before. 
Hawken real name is John H-r-y. 
John is from Nova Scotia.   
John worked with me a few years back and was put into a trusted position and later dismissed.
John hides under a few different handles. 

Even the Hawkin picture is also a fake.
John H-r-y also suffers from Narcissism.  John is older (early 50's) and much more advanced into the ultimate failure of a life of Narcissism.

THERE IS AN ANSWER TO THE STEADY FAILURE OF FURNACES IN OUR INDUSTRY.
The answer will be on our website by May 1, 2012
Arthur Turple, pres.
Wood Doctor
« Last Edit: May 05, 2012, 08:57:41 AM by Arthur Turple »

martyinmi

• OWF Brand: Portage and Main
  • OWF Model: Optimizer 250
    • View Profile
Re: What Really Happened at Wood Doctor by the President - Arthur Turple
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2012, 02:40:27 PM »

WOW- That caught me off guard. Now we need Neil's perspective on what happened- sort of a "rest of the story" thing.
Newholland TZ-25da
30+ Chain Saws
'05 Dodge Diesel
Michigander
TSC 35 Ton Splitter

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2012, 05:48:22 PM »

martyinmi youare right this is good reading. i can't say i follow it all (im no business guy) but i found a couple of lines that caught my eye as well  let me quote the line below

"For a good residential outdoor furnace I now recommend Portage and Maine.
Portage and Maine is light years ahead of Silverwinds Metals, that built the Wood Doctors and now Polar furnaces.
They have been busy improving their furnaces over many years. "

does the above quote mean that wood doctor knew "they have been improving their furnaces over many years" and are light years ahead of the company that wood doctor bought from. knowing in fact that portage and maine was all along building a better stove than wood doctor was selling? am i reading this right?
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2012, 08:17:01 PM »

Most of that was truly un-needed information as far as I could tell.  Sounded like a lot of mumbo jumbo that could have been, should have been, summed up in a couple paragraphs.

Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

yoderheating

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 02, 2012, 08:42:58 PM »

Sounds like this company was run without the normal contracts and legal paperwork needed to operate at this scale. Just goes to show that the best place to buy a furnace from is a company that actually manufactures their own furnaces instead of buying and rebranding.
Southwest Virginia
WF4000 Heat Master

MattyNH

• OWF Brand: Crown Royal former Aqua-Therm
  • OWF Model: 7300E ; S-275
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 02, 2012, 09:40:19 PM »

Sounds like this company was run without the normal contracts and legal paperwork needed to operate at this scale. Just goes to show that the best place to buy a furnace from is a company that actually manufactures their own furnaces instead of buying and rebranding.
Yeah lets start with Main and not the State of Maine..Spell check Arthur lol..Gotta say yoderheating I agree..
« Last Edit: February 02, 2012, 09:42:41 PM by MattyNH »
Crown Royal 7300E (2021)
Aqua-Therm S-275 (2006)
Jonsered 2188
Jonsered 2165
Jonsered 2050
Timberwolf- TWP1 5.5 Honda 25in wood splitter
American CLS- AM48HH 8 Honda 48in wood splitter
Kubota L3800DT
Lake Winnipesaukee New Hampshire

Arthur Turple

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2012, 05:00:56 AM »

Adjusted April 21, 2012
By the president Arthur Turple
There are still a few people that have not received their furnace.
These orders will be taken care of soon.  They will receive a furnace.  It will be a better one.

I was approached by a few manufacturers that heard what had happened and wanted to help.  This was appreciated, but I was not mentally able to step back into the fray at the time.  I am ready now!
Some of the things said on the internet were true. 
We were way behind in deliveries all summer, mostly because they were not available.
When we crashed there were some undelivered furnaces.  They will be delivered soon.

There is one person in particular who has been spreading lies about me, my family, my partners, and the company   He shows a picture or takes a fact and adds a lie to it to make the lie appear like the truth.  He goes by the handle of Hawken.  I thought it was someone else but now know who he is. 
I have even watched him do this before.  I had forgotten.
Hawken real name is John H---y. 
John is also from Nova Scotia.   
John hides under a few different handles. 
The Hawkin picture is also a fake.
John H---y suffers from Narcissism.

THERE IS AN ANSWER TO THIS STEADY FAILURE OF FURNACES IN OUR INDUSTRY.
The answer will be on our website before May 1, 2012.
Arthur Turple, pres.
Wood Doctor

No WillieG you are NOT right.
I never liked the original Portage and Main
I had dismissed them years ago.
This summer an associate pointed out that the new improvements that they had implemented, were similar to some of the improvements we were planning on our New Wood Doctors.
I was surprised and impressed. 

Neil Hoofer is the son of the minister and runs the CAD programs and acts as plant manager at the Hutterite Colony called Silverwinds.  No changes happen to furnaces unless Neil agrees and implements them on the CAD program.
I was always waiting for improvements to be implemented.
One little change that would cause Neil 8 hours at the most, was to reduce the width of the House and roof on the Regular by 2  inches on each side..  That would have saved Wood Doctor an average of $250 shipping on every Regular manufactured.  There is no advantage to having a big bulky outer house almost as wide as a Medium size.

Another change was to increase the door jamb extension to 3/8” thickness.

I would leave factory meetings expecting improvements to happen, as soon as Neil fits it into his schedule.  I have waited a number of years and they still never happened.
Improving any furnace for Wood Doctor was not in Neil’s long term plans.

Hi oldchenowth
The WD8000 was our best selling unit.   The unit I took apart had no support.
We have had a lot of trouble with the WD14000 around the chimney. 
The firebox is really heavy.
I would suspect that the Industrial WD30000 has support.

The HE5000 was not built at Silverwinds, but was built at Fordham Manufacturing in South Dakota.  Silverwinds had contacted Fordham as Silverwinds found the HE10000 too time consuming.  The HE5000 is a new design by Fordham.  It was well designed.

The water level tube is not hooked to the furnace, but is on the water overflow tank.
As water heats it expands and overflows into the tank and then siphons back to the furnace as it cools.
Only ever add water when you are up to 180F.  Then only fill to ¾ maximum.

Sammy would be pleased to give you more instructions.

You can purchase one by contacting Sammy at Carpenter, SD57322. 
Mobile 605-532-3837  or 605-233-0356.  or   sfordham@itctel.com
Sammy is a great guy and the HE5000 has been very popular with customers.
and is EPA phase 2.
I wish Sammy all the best.
Arthur
« Last Edit: April 21, 2012, 03:25:53 PM by Arthur Turple »

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2012, 09:52:49 AM »

thanks for clearing that up for me Arthur. and please feel free to post any other info you care to share..good or bad this site will not ban you or anyone else for printing their point of view. 
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

oldchenowth

« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2012, 02:10:44 PM »

Ok Arthur, for those of us that DO have a Wood Doctor and may experience leaking, how about sending us a drawing to fix or upgrade ours when and if it starts to leak?  Is this problem only on the 8000's?  I have a 5000 that seems to be using a little water itself only 2 years old.  I have turned down the temp because I thought I was boiling it over a little.  I am thinking that is not the case.  Being that my warranty through anyone is null at this point, how about shedding some info to repair ours that may require it?  As much as I would like to afford a new Portage and Main, it simply aint gonna happen!  I will have to fix my WD for many years to come.  I really hate to tear mine all apart and reweld it, but I will with or without your help.  If you can save me some headaches, it would be much appreciated.  Message me if you would rather than in open forum.  If you know of a fix, help us out.  I deal with engineers everyday that can't make toast, so a non-engineer answer won't bother me a bit. 

603doug

• Training Wheels
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2012, 04:50:50 PM »

I hope all works out for you Mr. Turple, I have a 10000 and it has been dependable and heats 2 buildings well. I have talked to you in the past and you did get right back with my questions answered. Also if there are any weak links on the 10000 that we should watch out for the info would be very appreciated

hawken

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: February 04, 2012, 03:28:51 AM »

Is sad to see a small junior player go but I have read your statement Arthur and while most is correct I did wonder why you left out the investment with Tom from Log Boiler ? http://thelogboiler.com     Tom sure tells an interesting string of events, where your original Contract was terminated due to a possible fraud involving Rick Fuller and you Arthur ? ,   After several months Brian Nadeau  re appeared late 2011 and a deal was struck with a large down stroke of cash and an agreement that Arthur's name be left off any contract due to fallout coming from wood doctor .

I have no dough the credit card took back what they could get , wish you well with Logboiler Woodddoctor , the name association seems to say it all on the website and Tom  confirms the reality. This picture  below is interesting , will they cover some warranty since they are sticking up the name ?

artbaldoni

• OWF Brand: Nature's Comfort
  • OWF Model: NCB-175 Modified to burn coal and/or wood.
  • Continuously burning since 2010!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: February 04, 2012, 06:00:26 AM »

Could someone please combine all the WoodDoctor threads? It seems they all have repetitive, word for word posts.
Nature's Comfort  NCB-175
Dolmar 5105 20"
Makita DCS6401 28"
1995 5/8 ton Dodge
7 x 14 10k Trailer
Bobcat 7753 w/EEL Tracks
22T Huskee Splitter
Fiskars X-27
Fiskars X-11
15 # Monster Maul
Titan 60"  Twin Cyl. Root Grapple

Scott7m

• OWF Brand: Heatmaster
  • OWF Model: E Series
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: February 04, 2012, 11:21:14 AM »

Could someone please combine all the WoodDoctor threads? It seems they all have repetitive, word for word posts.

What's it matter? Its fine they way it is, Willie does a fine fine job
Dealer for:  Heatmaster, Empyre, Earth, Ridgewood, and Woodmaster outdoor furnaces
Furnace Parts Dealer
Pelican water treatment systems
606-316-9697

willieG

• owbinfo.com
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: February 04, 2012, 03:09:50 PM »

lets wait and see what the new owner has to say about how things will run. he may have his own mods and such.
home made OWB (2012)
Ontario Canada

mcarter

• OWF Brand: HeatMasterSS
  • OWF Model: MF5000e
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: February 05, 2012, 10:06:32 AM »

Since no one eludes to who the new owner of this forum is, I find it suspicious that an entity or person is interested in purchasing the domain and operating the forum.  It makes me wonder what the motive would be to buy it.  Kudos to Phin Phan if he turned a profit on it.  This forum has a lot of useful content and I'm not undervaluing it but why would someone purchase it?  Unless they turn it into a forum like the Arborist which is bloated with ads and they generate revenue from ads.  Or could it be to delete information in threads like this...

If anyone looked at the BBB website, this brand is toast.  Rated with an 'F'.  Not that it would be surprising given the reports here of unfulfilled orders.

A backup of these threads might be prudent.
HeatMasterSS MF5000E by Yoder Heating
MS 460 Stihl Magnum
Husqvarna 345
8lb Wood Splitter with 'High Performance' Fiberglass Handle
5 acres
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 5