Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.
Did you miss your activation email?

Username: Password:

Author Topic: Who's Woodburner is leaking?  (Read 2326 times)

whiteyford1

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Taylor
  • OWF Model: 750
  • Make every day count!
    • View Profile
    • Wimers Welding Service
Who's Woodburner is leaking?
« on: November 24, 2014, 06:48:31 AM »

Hi all,
Back to gather data this year on your leaky woodburners, wood boilers, green energy recovery systems or whatever else the manufacturers came up with for marketing a big tea kettle.  Like last year include some basic information, make, model, age, problem, pic's and how your treated by your dealer and sales folks.  I'm mainly interested in gassers but especially in failures within 5 years of new.
Thanks for all the responses, I continue to evaluate designs and material selection in an effort to encourage manufacturers to build better stoves instead of self serving warranty's. I know I struck a nerve when backbround checks are being done on me by forum members and manufacturers.
I still have a 20 year design for sale, only $2 million dollars. It may wreak of arrogance on my part but planned obsolescence continually lowers the bar for consumers.
« Last Edit: November 24, 2014, 09:21:10 PM by whiteyford1 »

Jwood

• OWF Brand: P&M Ultimizer
  • OWF Model: Bl 28-40
    • View Profile
Re: Who's Woodburner is leaking?
« Reply #1 on: November 24, 2014, 07:10:21 AM »

So are you saying your design is superior to the others available, I don't have a leaky WOODBOILER but from what it sounds like to me is that you may have a good design if so it should sell.
North Central Minnesota
Stihl MS 270c
Stihl MS 461
Blacked out Fiskars X27
06' Silverado 2500HD Duramax

tree climber

• OWF Brand: leaky 165 shaver
  • OWF Model: 165
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 24, 2014, 02:12:37 PM »

i have a shaver 165 leaking 3 years their warrenty is to never call you back and not answer the phone.

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #3 on: November 24, 2014, 04:25:24 PM »

Sounds to me like you may be working on a self centered agenda, How about if you collect some good info and can make a difference then Post it up so everybody can benefit from the manufacturers as well as boiler owners mistakes
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.

whiteyford1

• Training Wheels
  • OWF Brand: Taylor
  • OWF Model: 750
  • Make every day count!
    • View Profile
    • Wimers Welding Service
« Reply #4 on: November 24, 2014, 09:18:32 PM »

slimjim; Thank you for the comment but I won't let your presupposition slip by. Boiler owners mistakes?  You being a rep, to me that equates to,"how do I use the warranty to get out of fixing this one"?  No offense, I like your stoves. Proper installation is a must.
How about simple directions printed on a single page and a 20 year unlimited warranty on the back.  I'm bothered by how complicated and expensive it's become to heat water. Additionally by all the additives, tools and testing.  Self serving? Unfortunately there is little I can share with the consumer concerning longevity. I am happy to share advice with any consumer. What I have for sale concerns manufacturers. I may reconsider if there are any non profit manufacturers out there?

« Last Edit: November 25, 2014, 10:38:41 AM by whiteyford1 »

slimjim

• OWF Brand: Wood Doctor / HeatMaster
  • OWF Model: 14,000. / G 200 and G 400
  • Southern Maine
    • View Profile
    • www.mainlycustom.com
« Reply #5 on: November 25, 2014, 03:19:15 AM »

Oh and I do Soooo agree that vague instructions for install and useless warranties are a major problem in the industry. Boiler owner mistakes, yes there are lots to choose from, most could be avoided with proper product education, Installation, service, proper operating techniques, proper fuels all of these are contributing factors.
 What you have for sale perhaps is a great Idea, the problem that I think you will find is the same as I have with my own stove Ideas, first we must convince the factories and their engineers that more attention should be payed to what happens in the field with failure rates. I think most manufacturers are looking solely at profit margins and sales! I personally have no desire to die rich BUT I would like to know that I helped an awful lot of folks gain there independence. Perhaps we should talk Via the phone about our Ideas, I'll PM you my phone # and E-Mail
Wood boiler sales, service and installation for the Northeastern USA.